Preparing for blisters

JenH1969

Mouseketeer
I have heard lots about them- moleskin I remember for sure- but tonight I stood at WalMart in the band-aid isle- and ummm- didn't know which of the many, many blister products to buy- what have you used that works or doesn't work- and as far as the moleskin- do you put it on the first sign of any discomfort or what do you do-

THanks, Jen;)

Moleskin is amazing~ As soon as what I call a "hot spot" (red, irrated patch that could turn into a blister) appears I apply moleskin. I have yet to ever get a blister after applying the moleskin. You cut it into whatever your desired shape is and just apply it to your hot spot. It REALLY works!

When I went to WDW a couple years ago I wore sneakers. Before I would go out each day I would put baby powder in my socks. It helped my feet not get sweaty. The whole trip me and my boyfriend did not get one blister. We did A LOT of walking.

Moleskin is amazing. Check the foot care section, not the band-aids. The place where they keep the athlete's foot cream, bunion removers, shoe inserts, and that sort of thing. That's usually where I've found the moleskin.

I got some moleskin in foot care section and went ahead and cut it in various shapes to be ready and since I can't take scissors on the plan...UGH! I also have bandaids and ointment etc. I also saw another disers suggestion on peppermint foot/leg cream to rub on at the end of the day to help with tired legs, so I got that too! 2 days to go and I keep adding to the packing list-feel like I am heading to the mountains with everychanging climate!:cool1:

Body glide......good for thighs that rub together too! I found ours at an REI in the shoe section on a display rack. Avon also has littel tubs of it that I bought as back-ups.

I always bring Gold Bond powder and put it in my socks. Keep your feet dry and have well fitting comfortable shoes.

I swear by Body Glide. I used to do the moleskin routine - buy it at home and cut it up into pieces at home because you can't fly with scissors, hope you have enough/right sizes, hope you put it on the right places, etc. It helped but I ended up with blisters anyway. I read about Body Glide on the DIS a few trips ago and drove to two or three sporting goods stores looking for it. I coat my feet in it (it's like stick deodorant), put good socks on and my Crocs, and I can go for hours. It's amazing stuff!

Another Body Glide user! I been very lucky to never have gotten a blister while in WDW, but rubbing Blody Glide on my feet makes them more comfortable.

Don't try to wear new shoes! Make sure the ones you are wearing are already broken in or you'll regret it! As far as treating the blisters you may get anyway, I've always had a problem with moleskin falling off. The fabric strip bandaids work best for me. Good luck...

I swear by Bandaid Blister Block for use after getting a blister. I've used it many times, and it really cushion and protect the blister (s).

herc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter