Preferred location

DreaminDisney

<font color="purple">The TFs converted another BEL
Is the preferred room location at ASMo really preferred and what's the difference between that and standard? Is it worth the extra money?

Depends how much you like to walk. The preferred building is closer to the food court and pool area. You could get lucky and be in a standard building that is fairly close to the food court or you could be unlucky and be quite a ways out. Personally, I think the extra money is worth it for a preferred location.

I am 55 years old and travel several times a year. I often stay at 4 star hotels.
So the deluxe resorts do not have anything special for me.
All Star is like being in the heart of the Magic and that is where I want to be.

Here is the map of All Movies.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmovie.JPG
The Fantasia Buildings are the preferred buildings. They are closer to the pool ,food court and bus stop. They cost about $12 a night.
Toy story is also close and you can request that building but then its only request and you might get it.
If you book a preferred room you will stay in a Fantsia building.
The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.
It is a great place to stay .
Preschoolers love it.\
It is like being in the middle of a Disney Movie Fantasyland!
All Star Movies has a cool kiddie pool.

The buses are wonderful.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---CSR buses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----15 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----15 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------10 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------35 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot,MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

The All Star resorts have 1960 rooms each.
Pop has 2,880rooms.
That means more people in the pools,food court and in line waiting for the bus at POP.
When phase 2 of POP is built it will be 2 bus stops at POP and the 2 POPs will have the same # of rooms as the 3 All Stars.

Also All Star is closer to the main road to get to parks and thats why bus rides are shorter from there than from POP.

A WORD ABOUT BUS SHARING:

It is usually just our stop and maybe one more on the way to the parks. On the way back sometimes its all 3 but often Sports and Music share and Movies has it's own bus back.

I guess some people who stay at POP see all 3 All Star names on the return sign of our bus stop when they head to the POP bus stop and think All Stars also has 3 stops on the way to the park.
(Even when we stop at another AS resort to load up it has not taken more than 5 minutes and we are on our way!)

I love the All Star Resorts --they can't be beat. I have visited WDW more than a dozen times with the 1st time in Oct. 1971. It was brand new. I've stayed at FW, Disney Inn, a few the of Hotels on hotel Blvd., CBR and the towers at the Contemporary. I got to see the MK from my balcony at the Contemporary and I'm happy I got to experience it once. I just prefer the All Star Resorts.
The theaming is pure Disney.
My last 4 visits have been at The All Stars and this fall when we take dd,dsil, and our grandson age 3 we are staying at the All Stars Music. I thought about AKL and even though we can well afford AKL I just wanted Alex to experience the Disney Magic :wizard: at the All Stars on his first visit.
Where else can one find Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse at the pool?
Have a great time at Disney!
Linda ::MinnieMo

Personally no I don't think they are worth the extra money. The All stars aren't that spread out. At least sports wasn't to me when we stayed there last year and I assume the other 2 all stars are the same. We stayed in the tennis bldg number 5 so pretty much one of the farther away ones from the main bldg.

The walk wasn't long by any means. I wouldn't have wanted a preferred room because of the noise of traffic and the pool noise.

Again that is just me, I don't think they are worth it and walking a little farther never hurts ;)

ASMovies is a tight foot print and I would never pay to be closer there. Especially since I would prefer it to be alittle quieter and walked a couple minutes longer. We stayed in Might Ducks, literally less than a five minute walk from our room on second floor to the food court. We had a quiet pool and a newly renovated room. I even understand had we walked the opposite direction we were a hop from the ASMu main area, but we never did.

Depends. The All Stars don't seem spread out enough for me to pay the extra money but then again after staying at CBR nothing seems spread out by comparison, lol! The only way I think it would be worth the money is if you are so exhausted after a full day at the parks and don't think you can walk any further than you have to. We stayed in the lovebug section which is one of the farther sections and honestly, it just didn't seem that far to me. Me personally? I wouldn't pay it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter