Preferred Fireworks Viewing for wishes and illuminations

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
Hello, because we are staying at a disney property when booking they told me I need to ring back with dates for when I want to use the preferred firework viewing for wishes and illuminations.

What exactly is this?

Is it an area where they cordon it off for good viewing, or is it more spacious or what ?? :goodvibes

we didnt use them this year as we got better views from getting places ourselves

the wishes one is not good at all as its near trees so the view is not that good. I think its just a roped off area

We used our preferred viewing vouchers last year for Illuminations fireworks which was just as good as any other spot to watch the fireworks within Epcot IMO.

Its located at the Morroco Boat Lauch area and it was great to know that we didnt have to "pitch a spot" an hour in advance.

I think we grabbed some yummy desserts as it was the F & W festival at the time, and arrived about 8.45pm to the area in question. There are CM's there checking you are booked in as such.

We shall be definately doing this again this year.

Now the Prefered viewing for wishes is another story. :eek:

We gave it a miss last year and will do so this. I am yet to read one positive comment regarding this area. I saw some pictures on a thread a while back and the view looked shocking.:confused3

We did both in August. I agree the Wishes view is not very good but it is nice to able to relax at the tables right up until the show starts and then most people stood up and moved to the left during the show to get the best view. Illuminations was better but still not the best view. My opinion is; if it is your first time watching either of these shows take the time and get a good view point, even if it means getting there early. You can always enjoy a snack while waiting :rolleyes1 but if you have already seen the show it is good to pre book preffered viewing for later in your trip and just roll up at the last minute and treat it as a "bonus" viewing and accept it is not a perfect view.

We didn't get the chance to use our Illuminations voucher but did use the one at MK. Whilst I agree that the view at MK is not that great, you can still see a very good proportion of the the fireworks and Tink flies almost overhead.

As we had DD(4) with us (plus stroller) we found it a godsend to just stroll up at 8.45pm, get a table to sit at and relax and watch the fireworks. There is no way that we could have staked out a good spot an hour before hand.

We have booked for the illuminations one, more so we don't have to turn up an hour before and wait for the fireworks.

Like others have siad I havent bothered with the Wishes one as there have been so many bad reviews of its location.

Had the opportunity to use these in August - we only used Illuminations and we thought it was really good. There was just one other family in the area with us and we strolled up about 5 mins before it started.
As for Wishes - we H A V E to stand in front of the Castle (close to the Partners statue)- for us, there is no better place - you see Tinkerbelle and the Castle in all it's glory.

The pictures i've seen of the MK one look awful, plus it's near a smoking area which me and the bf would hate... The Illuminations one looks OK so i've booked it for our second night, will 'scope' out the area beforehand though :) My bf is really getting into photography and is keen to test his soon to be new camera (he's trading up in NY) so we'll more than likely watch both Wishes and Illuminations a couple of times to try out different viewing areas.

We found Illuminations viewing was fine, it was nice to be able to turn up at the last minute and have a good view.

We thought the Wishes viewing was not so good, although we liked having a seat. Also there was not many people there, so we had lots of space to spread out and did not have to stand in a big crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter