Pre trip plan !!! first timer :) whoop whoop

claireybella

Mouseketeer
right never done a pre trip thing but i need to put my thooughts down in to action and get peoples opinions on anything i may be missing out on ..so here it goes

Cast :
Me
DH
DD (18 months old)

Day 1
*Leaving east sussex to travel to folkestone in kent for a euro tunnel crossing at 9am

*arriving in france and driving to disney hopefully arriving for lunch time

*going to cheyenne to drop luggage off and get park tickets

*get a bite to eat in the park like a sandwich/snack (i am bringing food for the journey so we wont be too hungry)

*Have a relaxed walk round the park to get to know places etc to where we want to go during our visit (rides etc) a few photos taken and character spotting (breaking dd in gently as not too sure how she will take to the characters)- gonna buy some micky mouse shaped biscuits

*watch the parade at whatever time its on

*spend the rest of time in fantasyland -a ride on its a whole new world , peter pans thing (not sure on this as on age restrictions),casey jnr , alice curious labyrinth

*then off to cafe micky (early dinner)

*micky mouse not so scary halloween party :)

Day 2
*up at 7am for breakfast and early opening hours at the park for some photo optunitys -me and dh will take advantage of the baby swap as its just the 3 of us

*this time morning/early afternoon spent at disney studios, rides rock and roller,crush coaster and animagique

*afternoon in frontierland - rides include ;big thunder mountain,phantom manorand river boat - evening buffallo bills wild west show

Day 3
*morning spent in fantasy land and main street u.s.a, lunch at the plaza gardens (tea party thing)
*afternoon at adventure land rides include , indianna jones, captain hooks pirate ship,pirates of the carrabean (sorry spelling lol)
dinner at the blue lagoon
*then candleabration (if its on)- gonna buy some micky mouse cookies for us to eat while watching

Day 4
*Lucky dip all gonna take turns to pull out 3 rides, more photos, shopping, lunch at rainforest cafe the parade and then time to go homey :(

*Tell me what you all think hopefully i can do as much as i can lol if i gone worng or talkin a load of rubbish about anythin please let me know :)

I think it sounds like a lovely trip!! I think you have all the bases covered, if your daughter is enjoying the characters you could take her along to the Disneyland hotel at 4pm one day as there as a little song and dance that few of the otehr on here haev been to - its looks much less of a scrum that character meets in the main park:)

she is only 18 months old so im not entirely sure what rides would be suitable...any ideas anyone? oh and my dh has decided that when we go to the plaza gardens for the tea we actually gonna have a birthday tea there instead :) whoooppppppp

sound like a well thought out trip. im hoping my dd 22 months old wont be scared of the characters too. she shouldnt be too bad she knows nearly 20 characters lol

she is only 18 months old so im not entirely sure what rides would be suitable...any ideas anyone? oh and my dh has decided that when we go to the plaza gardens for the tea we actually gonna have a birthday tea there instead :) whoooppppppp

Off the top of my head we were fine with Small World, Buzz, Pirates, Peter Pan, Phantom Manor..

If worried then take reins so you have extra grip :)

I personally wouldn't have taken my DDs on Phantom Manor tbh - it's a bit scary for a little one... :scared1: But you know your DD :)

I think most of the rides in Fantasyland will be great for her. We also did Buzz and DD1 liked that. We took our baby (5 months) on IASW too and she sort of liked it - was a bit amazed I think :lmao: We also did Oribitron with DD1 - but think there might be a height restriction on that?? Also not sure if it's now back open as was closed for work - it's right next to Buzz so you can't miss it.

Your DD might like Stitch attraction in the Studios too. Oh and DD1 loved Cars there too - great fun :)

We managed to get loads done but still missed out some of the things we wanted to do and that was with Mum & Stepdad there to help out being pushchair/baby monitor etc. I think a lot of your time gets taken up walking around tbh - something you can't factor in but if you choose your routes wisely I guess you can cut the time a bit rather than dotting around and recovering your steps too much IYSWIM.

Sounds like you have a good plan though :wizard:

I brought my daughter when she was 17 mths. She liked It's A Small World (although was more interested in trying to touch the water than looking at the dolls!), the Carousel & Anamagique. I don't think she could see too much in Peter Pan, so wasn't impressed, she hated Pirates (didn't like the drops) & was terrified of all the characters. I'm hoping she will be better when we go again in 10 days (she is now 22 mths), but I'm not holding my breath! I hope you have nore luck! Have a great time.

I personally wouldn't have taken my DDs on Phantom Manor tbh - it's a bit scary for a little one... :scared1: But you know your DD :)

I was a bit more worried about my then 5 year old being scared. My other was so young (15 months) she had no idea what could be considered scary. Mind you... they are growing up in a household with skulls, bats and gargoyles as decor so perhaps it's more "home from home" to them :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter