• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post Photos of Hotels Here...DLH, HoJo, BWPPI, DI&S, CCI...etc.

Outside pics of Castle Inn from our stay in March 08

IMG_3975.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

We didn't stay at GCH, but a family member did and here are some of my pics:

Waterslide
IMG_3857.jpg

Balcony with Downtown Disney View - looking left
IMG_3851.jpg

looking right
IMG_3852.jpg

Since we can't get a 'sticky' on this, I'm bumping it up one more time, so it doesn't fall to the point where we can't get it back.

Too many folks took the time to post their pictures that I hate for that hard work to go to waste.

Awesome pictures everyone!
This is a valuable resource for newbies headed to Disneyland!!!!

Bunk beds

GCHbeds.jpg

Queen bed

IMG_0805.jpg

Vanity
IMG_0813.jpg

Balcony
gchbalcony.jpg

View
balconyview.jpg

Are the bunk beds with the queen bed a request only with no guarantee at the GCH? I would love to have a room with the bunk beds. It would make things alot easier for us when you have a 15 year old boy and a 11 year old girl.

Yes, they are a request, with no guarantee.

However, I'm not sure your kids would be comfortable in the bunk beds, anyway. They are kid sized-- shorter than standard bunk beds. I think they're rated to 100 pounds for each bunk, something like that. My dds 13 and 10 would not have been able to stretch full length on them, but they both sleep curled up anyway, so it was ok.

You might be able to also request the 2 queens and a daybed, which would probably be a better option for you.

Be sure and call guest services a few weeks before you go, and request a free upgrade-- be very nice and polite and excited about your trip, and ask if they could put in a request for a free upgrade for you. They will note it on the computer, and will try to honor your request if at all possible when they block out the rooms-- usually a week or two before your stay. Again, of course, no guarantees, but if you request it, it's in the computer. For a 2 queen and a daybed room, that would probably mean a better view room as an upgrade.

HTH!

However, I'm not sure your kids would be comfortable in the bunk beds, anyway. They are kid sized-- shorter than standard bunk beds. I think they're rated to 100 pounds for each bunk, something like that. My dds 13 and 10 would not have been able to stretch full length on them, but they both sleep curled up anyway, so it was ok.

You might be able to also request the 2 queens and a daybed, which would probably be a better option for you.

Be sure and call guest services a few weeks before you go, and request a free upgrade-- be very nice and polite and excited about your trip, and ask if they could put in a request for a free upgrade for you. They will note it on the computer, and will try to honor your request if at all possible when they block out the rooms-- usually a week or two before your stay. Again, of course, no guarantees, but if you request it, it's in the computer. For a 2 queen and a daybed room, that would probably mean a better view room as an upgrade.

HTH!

Thanks! It does help. My son will be to big for the bunk bed so I will have to stick with the other option. I did not realize you could put in a request for a free upgrade. That would be great! I need to learn all the DL tricks besides the great tips Hydro has. :lmao:

HTH!

Do you know the # to the GCH? We'll be staying there in a few weeks and I have 3 kids so 2 queens and a daybed would be perfect.

Since we can't get a 'sticky' on this, I'm bumping it up one more time, so it doesn't fall to the point where we can't get it back.

Too many folks took the time to post their pictures that I hate for that hard work to go to waste.

Awesome pictures everyone!
This is a valuable resource for newbies headed to Disneyland!!!!

LoveThatMouse!, thanks for babysitting this thread and bumping it up once in a while. I agree it is a valuable resource, especially since the search feature doesn't work most of the time or is spotty. It's great to have all these different hotels/motels on one thread.

I'm trying to post pics but it won't let me :( It just jingles at me

Do you have your photos uploaded to photobucket hosting site or similar? Once you upload to Photobucket, it should be very easy to do. Under each photo will show different links with code written around it. You want the one that says ["IMG"] just like that in brackets, but minus the quotation marks. Click on the box that has the ["IMG"] hit control c to copy the link and then open up you new post on the Dis and click cntrl v . That should paste it right into your document. And when you open the page you should be able to see it.

Thank you DisneySuiteFreak, it worked!!!

It was an "L" shaped room:

The beds were very comfy

Thank you DisneySuiteFreak, it worked!!!

It was an "L" shaped room:

You're welcome! The room looks nice. How much does it cost to stay there and where are they located? Also, how long did it take you to walk to DL? Or did you have to use the shuttle? What kind of room request would one have to make to get this room? as it a King and Queen room or 2Queens?

You're welcome! The room looks nice. How much does it cost to stay there and where are they located? Also, how long did it take you to walk to DL? Or did you have to use the shuttle? What kind of room request would one have to make to get this room? as it a King and Queen room or 2Queens?

We had a King/Double room. It was about $80/night. We were there over Mother's Day weekend.

The Anabella is located on Katella Ave near the corner of West St/Disneyland Dr. When you exit the hotel you can see the back of Paradise Pier/DCA across the street. We would walk to the corner and down Disneyland Dr and enter through the Grand Californian hotel. It was a lovely, tree lined walk, maybe about 10 minutes? There could have been a better way to enter but we didn't investigate any further.

subscribing to this thread! I have some pics from the Sheraton from last year and the Camelot Inn this year...I'll post when I get around to getting them uploaded!

Camelot Inn:
134414-490.jpg

134415-490.jpg

134416-490.jpg

134418-490.jpg

134419-490.jpg

134420-490.jpg

134422-490.jpg

134423-490.jpg

134421-490.jpg

134427-490.jpg

LoveThatMouse!, thanks for babysitting this thread and bumping it up once in a while. I agree it is a valuable resource, especially since the search feature doesn't work most of the time or is spotty. It's great to have all these different hotels/motels on one thread.

Aw Thank You...
Your thank you makes the babysitting worth it ;)

It's really an amazing thread thanks to everyone who has contributed!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter