Post Pandemic Pipe Dreams: Our 2022-23 PTR (Completed)

I've been reading speculation that AP's may be back since they released an AP discount through September 8. Here is to hoping!!!

We also have a 4 parks 1 day planned. It'll just be myself and DD16. We always plan one every trip but always end up bailing on one of the parks. This trip we are committed!
Here's hoping!! If the APs came back, that would be awesome!

A 4 park hop with a teen is probably much more doable than three 8 year olds. I gotta start working on their stamina now!

Here's hoping!! If the APs came back, that would be awesome!

A 4 park hop with a teen is probably much more doable than three 8 year olds. I gotta start working on their stamina now!

Very true! I'm just hoping we can do it. Last trip she was 12 and she was tired. I also tried to do it at the end of the trip so we were dragging by then. I think the rest time you have before and after that day is great and will help a lot. Do you have any goals or must do's for that day? I'm thinking a picture in front of each icon, 2 or 3 rides and a snack in each park.

Very true! I'm just hoping we can do it. Last trip she was 12 and she was tired. I also tried to do it at the end of the trip so we were dragging by then. I think the rest time you have before and after that day is great and will help a lot. Do you have any goals or must do's for that day? I'm thinking a picture in front of each icon, 2 or 3 rides and a snack in each park.

I'm thinking probably a little less ambitious than that, even. Definitely a family photo and a ride, but I don't want to set the bar too high. I'm sure we'll do more in MK (our morning park) but, with the 2pm hopping limit, the other three parks will be tight. Heck, the way lines are these days, 3 rides in Hollywood Studios could take hours!

All the ADRs

Less than 60 days to our August trip, which means dining is booked! Unlike our big trip with the dining plan, I mostly booked restaurants where we can split a few apps and entrees to keep the food budget down. There are a couple of splurge character meals for the kids, but the rest of the dining was more about having a guaranteed, air-conditioned seat than a specific meal. Plus, with restaurants still not running fully schedules (Garden Grill breakfast, Chef Mickey brunch) or dining experiences (Bon Voyage at Trattoria al Forno) we had to settle for what was available.

Here's where things landed:

8/25 (Thurs)- Flight lands at 2:30pm, 6:25pm Beaches and Cream: this is a new restaurant for all of us and I know the kids will get a kick out of the Kitchen Sink

8/26 (Fri)- MK rope drop, The Plaza Restaurant 12:30pm ADR. Epcot evening to see Harmonious, Space 220 Lounge ADRs 6:30pm and 6:35pm: Plaza is just to have a guaranteed cool meal in MK. Space 220 is so we can experience the atmosphere without the expensive restaurant pricing. We have to split up to fit 5 in the lounge, but I’m ready to take one for the team and have a quiet drink by myself if need be.

8/27 (Sat)- AK rope drop, Yak & Yeti 12:00pm ADR. HS evening, Oga’s ADRs at 5:30pm and 7:00pm: lunch is another guaranteed seat meal. I’m not sure about the Oga’s timing as it looks like Fantasmic might be up and running by the end of the summer. I’ll cancel one of those closer to the trip when I know if we need to fit night entertainment into one of our HS evenings.

8/28 (Sun)- EP rope drop, Garden Grill 12:00pm ADR. Planned AK evening, no ADRs: Garden Grill is a particular request of the children. If breakfast gets announced by our return, we’ll bump it to the latest breakfast slot available.

8/29 (Mon)- HS rope drop, Sci Fi 12:30pm ADR. EP deluxe evening hours, Biergarten 6:30pm ADR: None of us have eaten at Sci Fi before, so that’s as much the experience as the guaranteed seat meal. I’m pretty sure we’re cancelling Biergarten but I haven’t done it just yet. In theory, I like the idea of filling up before a late night in Epcot but, in practice, I’m not sure we’ll be hungry after having had a lunch ADR. Also, my kids would *adore* the full atmosphere of this restaurant, but they still aren’t letting kids come dance with the band. I’m holding this mostly to see if things change any further before our visit.

8/30 (Tues)- Down morning, MNSSHP, Steakhouse 71 1:55pm ADR: I wish Chef Mickey were back to normal! In 2019, we did a 2pm reservation there before a MNSSHP and it was perfect timing, fun for the kids, and enough food that we didn’t have to stop and eat during the party. My girls really want to go there again, but they specifically want the buffet and the napkin twirling, neither of which is back yet. Plus, without the brunch, the latest I can book is an 11:55am breakfast, which is too much downtime on the monorail loop before we can get into MK at 4pm for the party. I’m sure the food at Steakhouse 71 will be lovely, but Goofy won’t be there to make my girls belly laugh.

8/31 (Weds)- Down morning, Topolino’s 10:00am ADR, MK Enchantment and deluxe evening hours, Skipper’s 6:05pm ADR: Now, this breakfast I’m genuinely excited about! After our late party night, we should have plenty of time for us to roll out of bed at our leisure and skyliner over for breakfast. The Skipper’s dinner will likely be just be a light dinner but enough to fortify us before our third late evening of touring in a row.

09/01 (Thurs)- Nadda!: I’m thinking a waterpark day whenever we manage to roll out of bed. Then, we have our park reservation at HS to hopefully enjoy short evening lines. No dining planned as I want this day to be flexible based on how exhausted the kids are and what they want to do.

09/02 (Fri)- MK rope drop, Plaza 12:05pm ADR and Grand Floridian Café 12:30pm ADR, four park hop day: I wanted Kona for lunch before hopping to Epcot, but of course it’s closed for refurbishment during our visit. I’m not sure which of these I’m going to keep, maybe neither and just do monorail loop quick service. I’m likely holding both of these until mid-trip when we see how touring has gone and whether we want to try the quad hop.

09/03 (Sat)- EP rope drop, Chef Mickey 5:00pm ADR, MK evening (backup Enchantment night): I thought we’d do our last full day exclusively at MK, but the girls wanted to start at Epcot. The Chef Mickey here is just a long shot ADR that maybe it returns to the version that my kids really want to do again. I would have liked it earlier in the day, but no lunch/brunch options yet so 5:00pm is the earliest dinner they do. I’m also fine not having a meal on this day so we can once again be flexible about how we want to finish out our trip.

09/04 (Sun)- Flight leaves at 10:00am so no time for a last breakfast before we hit the road.

On the November front, just when I thought we were going to be left without APs, the world insists on giving me hope. Hubby said he’s seeing chatter that they’ll resume sales soon from reliable sources, whatever that means. And, the IT mistake where they opened some of the passes certainly makes it seem like they’re planning to offer more soon but someone jumped the gun. At least I’ve only got two more months of wondering before we get our definitive answer.

Personally, the end of the school year really beat me up. Three weeks after our covid lockdown for the kids, Hubby tested positive. It was the same day that my co-worker left for his wedding and honeymoon, meaning I had 2.5 weeks where I was working extra hours/days to back him up. What a great time to be down a man! To add insult to injury, Hubby remained contagious for a full 10 days so he was isolated quite a while. I somehow managed to sneak by without my own infection once again, but it was still incredibly stressful. So much got put on the “later” list that I’m just now coming up for air. Things will resume a new, summer normal for a few weeks but then Hubby is in South Korea for another nearly three-week trip. All of that is to say, by the time we get to this vacation, I’m really going to need it!

All the ADRs

Less than 60 days to our August trip, which means dining is booked! Unlike our big trip with the dining plan, I mostly booked restaurants where we can split a few apps and entrees to keep the food budget down. There are a couple of splurge character meals for the kids, but the rest of the dining was more about having a guaranteed, air-conditioned seat than a specific meal. Plus, with restaurants still not running fully schedules (Garden Grill breakfast, Chef Mickey brunch) or dining experiences (Bon Voyage at Trattoria al Forno) we had to settle for what was available.

Here's where things landed:

8/25 (Thurs)- Flight lands at 2:30pm, 6:25pm Beaches and Cream: this is a new restaurant for all of us and I know the kids will get a kick out of the Kitchen Sink

8/26 (Fri)- MK rope drop, The Plaza Restaurant 12:30pm ADR. Epcot evening to see Harmonious, Space 220 Lounge ADRs 6:30pm and 6:35pm: Plaza is just to have a guaranteed cool meal in MK. Space 220 is so we can experience the atmosphere without the expensive restaurant pricing. We have to split up to fit 5 in the lounge, but I’m ready to take one for the team and have a quiet drink by myself if need be.

8/27 (Sat)- AK rope drop, Yak & Yeti 12:00pm ADR. HS evening, Oga’s ADRs at 5:30pm and 7:00pm: lunch is another guaranteed seat meal. I’m not sure about the Oga’s timing as it looks like Fantasmic might be up and running by the end of the summer. I’ll cancel one of those closer to the trip when I know if we need to fit night entertainment into one of our HS evenings.

8/28 (Sun)- EP rope drop, Garden Grill 12:00pm ADR. Planned AK evening, no ADRs: Garden Grill is a particular request of the children. If breakfast gets announced by our return, we’ll bump it to the latest breakfast slot available.

8/29 (Mon)- HS rope drop, Sci Fi 12:30pm ADR. EP deluxe evening hours, Biergarten 6:30pm ADR: None of us have eaten at Sci Fi before, so that’s as much the experience as the guaranteed seat meal. I’m pretty sure we’re cancelling Biergarten but I haven’t done it just yet. In theory, I like the idea of filling up before a late night in Epcot but, in practice, I’m not sure we’ll be hungry after having had a lunch ADR. Also, my kids would *adore* the full atmosphere of this restaurant, but they still aren’t letting kids come dance with the band. I’m holding this mostly to see if things change any further before our visit.

8/30 (Tues)- Down morning, MNSSHP, Steakhouse 71 1:55pm ADR: I wish Chef Mickey were back to normal! In 2019, we did a 2pm reservation there before a MNSSHP and it was perfect timing, fun for the kids, and enough food that we didn’t have to stop and eat during the party. My girls really want to go there again, but they specifically want the buffet and the napkin twirling, neither of which is back yet. Plus, without the brunch, the latest I can book is an 11:55am breakfast, which is too much downtime on the monorail loop before we can get into MK at 4pm for the party. I’m sure the food at Steakhouse 71 will be lovely, but Goofy won’t be there to make my girls belly laugh.

8/31 (Weds)- Down morning, Topolino’s 10:00am ADR, MK Enchantment and deluxe evening hours, Skipper’s 6:05pm ADR: Now, this breakfast I’m genuinely excited about! After our late party night, we should have plenty of time for us to roll out of bed at our leisure and skyliner over for breakfast. The Skipper’s dinner will likely be just be a light dinner but enough to fortify us before our third late evening of touring in a row.

09/01 (Thurs)- Nadda!: I’m thinking a waterpark day whenever we manage to roll out of bed. Then, we have our park reservation at HS to hopefully enjoy short evening lines. No dining planned as I want this day to be flexible based on how exhausted the kids are and what they want to do.

09/02 (Fri)- MK rope drop, Plaza 12:05pm ADR and Grand Floridian Café 12:30pm ADR, four park hop day: I wanted Kona for lunch before hopping to Epcot, but of course it’s closed for refurbishment during our visit. I’m not sure which of these I’m going to keep, maybe neither and just do monorail loop quick service. I’m likely holding both of these until mid-trip when we see how touring has gone and whether we want to try the quad hop.

09/03 (Sat)- EP rope drop, Chef Mickey 5:00pm ADR, MK evening (backup Enchantment night): I thought we’d do our last full day exclusively at MK, but the girls wanted to start at Epcot. The Chef Mickey here is just a long shot ADR that maybe it returns to the version that my kids really want to do again. I would have liked it earlier in the day, but no lunch/brunch options yet so 5:00pm is the earliest dinner they do. I’m also fine not having a meal on this day so we can once again be flexible about how we want to finish out our trip.

09/04 (Sun)- Flight leaves at 10:00am so no time for a last breakfast before we hit the road.

On the November front, just when I thought we were going to be left without APs, the world insists on giving me hope. Hubby said he’s seeing chatter that they’ll resume sales soon from reliable sources, whatever that means. And, the IT mistake where they opened some of the passes certainly makes it seem like they’re planning to offer more soon but someone jumped the gun. At least I’ve only got two more months of wondering before we get our definitive answer.

Personally, the end of the school year really beat me up. Three weeks after our covid lockdown for the kids, Hubby tested positive. It was the same day that my co-worker left for his wedding and honeymoon, meaning I had 2.5 weeks where I was working extra hours/days to back him up. What a great time to be down a man! To add insult to injury, Hubby remained contagious for a full 10 days so he was isolated quite a while. I somehow managed to sneak by without my own infection once again, but it was still incredibly stressful. So much got put on the “later” list that I’m just now coming up for air. Things will resume a new, summer normal for a few weeks but then Hubby is in South Korea for another nearly three-week trip. All of that is to say, by the time we get to this vacation, I’m really going to need it!
Looks like a great plan! We have 8/26 at MK as well!

I know they just opens up APs at more levels for Florida residents, so there is hope!!

I am also a tiny bit frustrated with the meals not all being back, but my daughters only request is no character breakfast 🤷🏻‍♀️ So I guess I’m ok. Haha!

These sound like wonderful plans! In hindsight, I wish we had the guaranteed seat lunches most days just so we could have been guaranteed A/C. Epcot was the worst because we couldn't find A/C quickly to eat inside during the heat. I had been planning on Mexico QS but there was a long line to get in there.

Beaches and Cream: this is a new restaurant for all of us and I know the kids will get a kick out of the Kitchen Sink
Beaches and Cream is still on my bucket list! I can't wait to see those pictures.
I’m sure the food at Steakhouse 71 will be lovely, but Goofy won’t be there to make my girls belly laugh.
The food is great, but definitely not as exciting as a character meal for the kids.
Topolino’s 10:00am ADR
I'm excited for your family! This was one of our favorite experiences.
All of that is to say, by the time we get to this vacation, I’m really going to need it!
It sounds like you're ready for it!! I brought covid home from our Disney trip but thankfully was the only one in our family to have symptoms or test positive. I spent 15 hours in the car with them and they still didn't get sick. It does cause so much stress not knowing how long it will last, if others will get sick, and what plans might be interrupted. Hope your husband is doing much better now!

Hi Christine! I just found your pre-trip report after talking about returning characters on the MNNSHP thread and am excited to follow along with your planning. Your girls are adorable. My children are college-age now, but I too wish that Chef Mickey was back to its full celebration.

Great place to share food!!!! And def do if you are going to do the Kitchen Sink!!!

We have to split up to fit 5 in the lounge, but I’m ready to take one for the team and have a quiet drink by myself if need be
Ha! I am sure your hubby has a different plan then that! Space 220 was fun, but def a once and done thing for us.

Fantasmic might be up and running by the end of the summer.
Fingers Crossed on that! It's crazy that it is still not back yet.

None of us have eaten at Sci Fi before, so that’s as much the experience as the guaranteed seat meal.
It is so fun. The food is fine. I think it is good. just nothing you will dream about after the trip. But you can't beat sitting in a car.

I’m sure the food at Steakhouse 71 will be lovely, but Goofy won’t be there to make my girls belly laugh.
Steakhouse 71 is good and Def Shareable in size of dishes! I know, there is now characters... But at least as a back up the food is good.

And, the IT mistake where they opened some of the passes certainly makes it seem like they’re planning to offer more soon but someone jumped the gun. At least I’ve only got two more months of wondering before we get our definitive answer
Fingers crossed for you guys!!! Flights in philly are killing my November trip dreams! Southwest seems to be continuing with the no direct flights. Sigh. Which means we have to either pay more for flights or suck it up and do Spirit and I REALLY don't want to do that. You will have to tell me now Baltimore works out for you.

That is alot!!! And the end of school is always alot! We are still in post school veg mode.

Looks like a great plan! We have 8/26 at MK as well!

I know they just opens up APs at more levels for Florida residents, so there is hope!!

I am also a tiny bit frustrated with the meals not all being back, but my daughters only request is no character breakfast 🤷🏻‍♀️ So I guess I’m ok. Haha!

Maybe we'll find each other on 8/26! Since it's our first touring day, I'm assuming my girls will be going full tilt- they won't have had time for the long days and the heat to slow them down.

Just no character breakfasts? Definitely the opposite of what I'm hearing :-)

Beaches and Cream is still on my bucket list! I can't wait to see those pictures.

I'm really excited about this one as it's a surprise for the kids!

The food is great, but definitely not as exciting as a character meal for the kids.

I've heard very good things about lunch. Plus, unlike character meals, we'll be able to save some money by splitting. I'd still book CM in a heartbeat if they open for brunch hours, but this will be nice, too.

I'm excited for your family! This was one of our favorite experiences.

I've heard such great things about this meal. I hope it lives up to the hype.

It sounds like you're ready for it!! I brought covid home from our Disney trip but thankfully was the only one in our family to have symptoms or test positive. I spent 15 hours in the car with them and they still didn't get sick. It does cause so much stress not knowing how long it will last, if others will get sick, and what plans might be interrupted. Hope your husband is doing much better now!

Oh dear, I'm sorry you got sick but definitely glad it was just you. I'm hoping our age group will be approved for 2nd boosters by August so we can all get boosted and travel while our antibody levels are high. Hubby is feeling much better now day to day. He's got a lot of rebuilding to do with his running, but everyone says that just takes much longer.

Hi Christine! I just found your pre-trip report after talking about returning characters on the MNNSHP thread and am excited to follow along with your planning. Your girls are adorable. My children are college-age now, but I too wish that Chef Mickey was back to its full celebration.
Welcome!! Glad to have you joining along.

Yeah, my kids are the absolute sweet spot for over the top celebrations a la old school Chef Mickey. Hopefully it will be back to its former glory soon.

And def do if you are going to do the Kitchen Sink!!!

Yup! We're going for light dinners and then a giant dessert! LOL

Ha! I am sure your hubby has a different plan then that! Space 220 was fun, but def a once and done thing for us.

We'll see, but the girls almost always favor Daddy. I would be shocked if any of them would deign to sit with boring, old me. The only way he gets a kid free meal is if Disney somehow lets us seat the girls at one table and the adults at another. They'd get an absolute kick out of that, but I don't see it being allowed.

Which means we have to either pay more for flights or suck it up and do Spirit and I REALLY don't want to do that. You will have to tell me now Baltimore works out for you.

With the points and companion passes, we're SW or bust, so BWI it is. I'll certainly let you know how the experience is overall.

Right off the bat, I appreciate that their long-term parking is only $8 a day and their website has a percentage available listed, so you know how full it will be before you get there. And, since their on-site rate is low, the local Parking Spot and similar are down to $7ish a day. Philly's "cheap" off site places are all up above $15 a day these days, which adds up on a long trip!

Wow I have been MIA! Having a baby will do that to you! Such a bummer about AP's. Hubby's expires in November and I am so on the fence if I should renew it. We arent planning a family trip til 2024 after this October, but you NEVER KNOW with Disney fanatics lol. My friend and I are going on the Wish in August, so that would be my vote over another Disney trip. The girls will love it and mom and dad can have some grown up alone time! Once the two kids are potty trained I think that is our plan. I refuse to pay for them until they can partake in all the activities.

Having a baby will do that to you!

Ain't that the truth!! I feel like my only real me-time that first year was when I was pumping, which is its own misery.

My friend and I are going on the Wish in August, so that would be my vote over another Disney trip. The girls will love it and mom and dad can have some grown up alone time!

If we leave in September without APs, this is the route we're taking. I just don't see the value in another parks trip unless I'm spreading that ticket cost across the year with lots of experiences.

Once the two kids are potty trained I think that is our plan. I refuse to pay for them until they can partake in all the activities.

Dude, I feel that! Plus, diapers and wipes end up being a suitcase unto themselves, otherwise.

They'd get an absolute kick out of that, but I don't see it being allowed.
At least at Sci Fi they could probably all squeeze into one row of the car? maybe.... Maybe not, actually, they are pretty small.

Philly's "cheap" off site places are all up above $15 a day these days, which adds up on a long trip!
Seriously! And then you add on the transportation on the other side and flying gets real $$$.

Ain't that the truth!! I feel like my only real me-time that first year was when I was pumping, which is its own misery.
Both kids are THANKFULLY overnight sleepers, but at the end of the day I just want to watch mindless trashy reality tv (90 Day Fiancé is life) and eat ice cream lol. I was unable to produce so we are formula feeding, so I was able to get a break that way. Now that I am back at work I get a "real" break! Sad huh? Don't know how SAHM's do it! They are heroes!
Dude, I feel that! Plus, diapers and wipes end up being a suitcase unto themselves, otherwise
When we took S last November, we rented a car and went straight to Target to buy wipes and diapers just so I did not have to pack them! I am extra so I had a pack n play mattress and slumber pod, which took up her whole suitcase lol.

At least at Sci Fi they could probably all squeeze into one row of the car? maybe.... Maybe not, actually, they are pretty small.

We're going to see if they can squeeze in a row together, especially because they will likely be splitting meals. Fingers crossed.

Seriously! And then you add on the transportation on the other side and flying gets real $$$.

The loss of Magical Express is truly tragic! Quoting out these other options, deciding if we're willing to risk it on Lyft availability, it's annoying. Right now, we have Sunshine Flyer reservations because the free kid promo makes them a no-brainer for our family.

Now that I am back at work I get a "real" break! Sad huh?

I went back to work when my girls were a year and a half, part time, and the adult time was glorious! I was not built to be a SAHM, either.

When we took S last November, we rented a car and went straight to Target to buy wipes and diapers just so I did not have to pack them! I am extra so I had a pack n play mattress and slumber pod, which took up her whole suitcase lol.

You'll be shocked to hear we didn't fly with the girls when they were this young. We got out and about a lot locally, but the prospect of air travel with three infants or toddlers? Heck no!!!

Wishing Away The Summer

The worst part about an end of summer Disney trip is that, the closer your trip gets, the less summer you have left! Hubby has another 2.5 week trip to Korea between now and Disney, so I’m at the very least going to be hoping that those solo parenting days moves quickly.

I ordered a bunch of Tinkerbell gifts on Ali Express (because I’m cheap). PJs, keychains, stickers, pop-it books with Minnie ears. Once they get here, I’ll sort them out and see how much I need to fill in. This is the first time I’ve committed much effort to the gifts. Our big trip in 2019, I had gotten a huge chunk of hand-me-down Disney figures that Tink broke up and gave them each day. Then, our short trip was a new pin each night, for the new hotels we stayed at and the Halloween party. Even just for a couple of nights, it was a hassle sneaking to buy the pins without the girls seeing, so I’m not doing that for a whole, long trip! There will probably be a 2022 pin, or a 50th pin, but I need most of these gifts ready to just pull out.

I also pulled out all of the random Disney clothes, including outfits I bought, t-shirts that have been in the regular rotation, and lucky hand-me-downs. While the themes are not as coherent as before, we all have enough outfits to make it through this trip and they are now neatly stored away in labeled packing cubes. I’ve started pulling together some random household stuff that we won’t use before the trip, too, but I can’t start really packing until Hubby gets back from Korea with the good suitcase.

We’re not going as full-on with costumes for MNSSHP this year. The girls have Alice, Queen of Hearts, and Tweedle dresses, which are super cute, but the adult t-shirts to go along are not costume-y, they just have Wonderland characters on them. I want to put Hubby in a Gaston shirt, myself in a blue Belle dress, and the kids in pink, orange, and green dresses, but they a) think the characters are too obscure and b) don’t want Daddy to be a bad guy. I agree they’re obscure for regular Halloween, but people at Disney World would get it, right? Plus, there aren’t that many people that have the identical triplets needed to pull it off!!

Untitled.jpg

Oh, well. I have always said I wasn’t going to force my kids into outfits because they’re triplets. I guess that rule applies even if they’re definitely wrong and my idea is way more fun… :rotfl2:

Meanwhile, Disney needs to get their butts in gear with extending show schedules! They haven’t posted Festival of Fantasy times into August yet, so we don’t know what’s going to happen with the parade once it gets to party season. While I’m complaining about the Disney entertainment schedule, actual dates for the variety of characters that are returning “later in the summer” would be great. It’s hard enough to plan without your three FP+ to guide your day: at least tell me what’s going to be available and when.

On the November-and-beyond front, Hubby says there’s chatter that APs are reopening in early August. Which, guys, anyone can say anything on the internet! This is just silliness and I shouldn’t get my hopes up! And yet… 🤞🤞🤞 Hubby and I are both agreed that we still want the year of AP trips, if its an option. We want birthday Disney, Christmas Disney, grandparents at Disney, etc. If all of this uncertainty, months without AP sales and making alternate vacation plans, ends with, “Yup, here you go, APs, just like you wanted,” there’s going to be lingering resentment about the path we had to take, even if the destination ends up the same. (And, truly, it’s not the same destination. If I had AP vouchers in January, I could have rented points for the Poly which were way, way cheaper than the rates I’m looking at now!) Fingers and toes crossed, albeit begrudgingly.

You'll be shocked to hear we didn't fly with the girls when they were this young. We got out and about a lot locally, but the prospect of air travel with three infants or toddlers? Heck no!!!
It was hard enough to travel with ONE toddler, never mind three! We left the baby at home and took S to SC for a family vacation with Hubbys side. I could not have done it with the baby. Thankful for my parents!
Oh, well. I have always said I wasn’t going to force my kids into outfits because they’re triplets. I guess that rule applies even if they’re definitely wrong and my idea is way more fun…
Haha I love that you are just letting them be wrong. There is still about 6 weeks to convince them how cool it would be!
I want to put Hubby in a Gaston shirt, myself in a blue Belle dress, and the kids in pink, orange, and green dresses, but they a) think the characters are too obscure and b) don’t want Daddy to be a bad guy.
What about a Beast t-shirt with the jacket verses Gaston?

What about a Beast t-shirt with the jacket verses Gaston?

But, do the triplets even interact with Beast? I feel like the whole point of this costume is a castle photo with Hubby doing a strong man pose, the girls looking at him adoringly, and me, arms crossed with my back to the lot of them. Or, if Gaston is meeting at the party, that's a *great* shot with the girls.

Their biggest issue is that the triplets aren't prominent enough characters to pick for a costume which, ok, except WDW is the place you can actually pull off a more obscure costume and TRIPLETS!

They've been more than firm; my coaxing has gotten nowhere. I think I need to give up. One day they'll be old enough to appreciate a well executed obscure costume, rather than being worried too many people won't get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!