Post Pandemic Pipe Dreams: Our 2022-23 PTR (Completed)

Joining in! A year of Disney sounds like a great way to leave the pandemic behind! We upgraded DH's ticket to an AP two days before they stopped selling them! I was so relieved I insisted we go and do it on our off park day.

Renting points is definitely the way to go. We are doing a family trip in May for my 40th bday, my parents, husband, brother and sister, we are leaving the babies with my in-laws. We looked at renting, but ended up booking two AOA suites for two nights. Was cheaper than the three rooms we would have needed. We then are heading out on the Dream on the following Monday. I am praying by May things are back to more normal. My MFM doctor today said he thinks Omicron is the beginning of the end, so I hope he is right!

I am not a waterpark person, but quick service lunch by the pool is our go to. Especially when it is super hot out. DH and I love a good mid day break by the pool. We are more breakfast ADR people as we love breakfast food, unfortunately most were still shut down due to covid on our November trip.

I am with you on the After Hours. We did it in November for the XMas party, and seeing my daughters face light up when she saw Mickey and Minnie in the parade was worth every penny, however we did not stay long so I feel we did not get our money's worth. You can see the fireworks from the Poly beach so if that is a big draw of the party, you can easily do that for free. It may be a better splurge for a private fireworks pontoon boat cruise than an after hours party. We did that for my bachelorette party, and it was so much fun. Up front view and ZERO crowds! Plus a dedicated seat!

Real talk: I’m afraid of the extended family trips. Touring with grandparents who have different priorities, speeds, and willingness to parkstorm is going to be a challenge for me. By next summer, we will have had so much Disney that I’ll be ok slowing down and letting them take the lead.
The more trips you do the more you will hopefully be ok with a different kind of trip. It def is different.

so we can push our trip super late into August for 2022 and still have a mid-August 2023 trip.
The later in August the less crowded it should be as well!

Southwest flights out of Philly stink for this summer. They only have a couple of expensive direct flights on Sundays, compared to what was always several direct flights a day.
This is so strange... When I changed our April trip, I had 3 direct flight options most days... I wonder if they are holding back, like you said. Waiting to see how things shake out a bit.

Return is going to be an early one (8:10am at MCO) but then we’ll have most of the day Sunday and all of Monday to prepare for the new school year.
This doesn't seem too bad. We have talked about this as an option a few times.

The additional expense starts to feel “drop in the bucket” considering how much this trip will be. BUT, we’re looking at a whole year of Disney spending and those drops add up quickly.
This is so true! Between having to pay for transportation and possibly genie+ it adds up fast!!! I am not sure what we are going to do just yet either. I am thinking Uber for us. But did think about car rental to have the option of not needing to use the busses if we wanted. But paying for parking is like pooring salt on an open wound.

My itinerary feels so wishy-washy right now, compared to the days of 6 month dining and 60 day FPs. Here’s what I’ve got so far:
It is so true. But I do like not booking dinning so far in advance. I feel like you can have a better idea of what you want with it being closer.

Thursday, August 25, 2022- arrival, activate APs at IG, grocery delivery/shopping trip, dinner on Crescent Lake. I might try for a Beaches and Cream this night, but is that one still impossible to book at 60 days? (Keep in mind, everything is harder for a party of 5, too
I think it's slightly easier than before but it is so small. There just aren't a ton of tables.

Maybe slot in Space 220 restaurant lunch or lounge reservation. After a few late ones, we’ll want this to be an early-to-bed night to set ourselves up to finish strong.
Molly on All Ears mentioned that you had to be 21 and over to eat / sit in the lounge at Space 220. I don't know if that is true or not... But lunch might be your only option. When I booked for Feb, I could get it but only the last few days of the trip.

Genie +: without the loophole allowing you to be rebooking two or three ride times throughout the day, I’m not sure we’ll be using Genie +. With so many days and access to deluxe hours, we can probably do fine without it. Depending on how things go, we may do a targeted ILL here or there, but I don’t see us using Genie +. I haven’t gotten too deep on that with @trippedup, though; he may have other ideas.
I was a sucker and added it to out tickets for April. I think it can be worth it for MK and HS days. And I didn't like the idea of having to buy it each day. It just feels weird. I don't know if we will do it that way with every trip but now that we are mostly back to 1 trip per year, I might... I know I shouldn't but we will see. August might be light enough that it isn't too bad. I wish they would get rid of the ILLS ones. Just do one paid service. It would be so much easier!

What do you think about dining in August? QS lunch by the pool and sit-down dinners? Or, air-conditioned lunches and then lighter dinners? Either way, we’re not thinking about lots of all-you-can-eat or character meals this trip. Instead, we want to target places with good apps or entrees to share. Things like Sci Fi, Plaza Restaurant, Liberty Tree lunch, and Yak and Yeti.
If you aren't going to a water park or back to the hotel to swim, I would DEF do a sit down meal. But otherwise, dinner to kick off the evening would be nice.

I will say your options for QS at Boardwalk aren't the greatest. Consider grabbing something to bring back with you a couple times. The boardwalk counter service is pretty minimal and the only thing we weren't impressed with when we stayed there. I am not sure if the pool bar has decent food options. Def check it out ahead of time.

This is so strange... When I changed our April trip, I had 3 direct flight options most days... I wonder if they are holding back, like you said. Waiting to see how things shake out a bit.
I was fiddling with the scedule and the last weekday direct was June 2. Super weird that they would stop Florida flights going into the summer. Some digging on FlyerTalk indicated they are short on aircraft due to retirements and the 737 MAX mess. It sounds like flights might be added as more MAXes come back into operation. Fingers crossed.

I also noticed some folks complaining that luggage takes a long time to come back at BWI, sometimes up to an hour. That seems crazy to me, especially if we have 3 tired and grumpy kids.

Following...
It's so great to see you getting into such detail!

I have to say, I'm super happy to have ADRs at 60 days. It seems so much more reasonable to know your plans 2 months in advance than 6 months in advance.

I am sure you will have a wonderful year! I'm jealous. I'd love to get APs, but it's a full day of travel each way, and no options to take Southwest from Canada. 🙁
AND - once we can travel again, there are a million places we'd like to go. Maybe there will be a way to justify it some day. Unfortunately, I don't play the lottery, so I'm not sure when the money raining from the sky will show up. 😉

Excited to be following along for another trip! After our 2019 trip I was hoping to go back for Spring Break 2021 but that didn't happen, and 2022 isn't going to happen for us either, so I will live vicariously through others! I love the idea of so many trips to make up for the lost time. Can't wait to hear more about the planning (and the trips)!

Joining in! We too felt like a year of Disney was warranted after 2 years of pandemic, so we got APs in October. Hoping to make at least a few trips out of them.

Joining in! A year of Disney sounds like a great way to leave the pandemic behind! We upgraded DH's ticket to an AP two days before they stopped selling them! I was so relieved I insisted we go and do it on our off park day.

Welcome! And, wow, you snuck those in by the skin of your teeth. Good for you!

My MFM doctor today said he thinks Omicron is the beginning of the end, so I hope he is right!

I hope he's right! The truly scary case numbers have fallen back off in NJ. Now, we're back down moderate/high instead of off-the-charts. (Also, I hope all is well with you. I practically lived at MFM during the triplet pregnancy and I hope your case is going ok, just needing some extra monitoring.)

Molly on All Ears mentioned that you had to be 21 and over to eat / sit in the lounge at Space 220. I don't know if that is true or not... But lunch might be your only option. When I booked for Feb, I could get it but only the last few days of the trip.

So, what I've read is that you have to be 21 to walk up to the bar but that the lounge is open to all ages with a reservation. It stinks because I like the lounge menu and pricing so much better, but I don't know if it's worth splitting our reservation across two tables.

I was a sucker and added it to out tickets for April. I think it can be worth it for MK and HS days. And I didn't like the idea of having to buy it each day. It just feels weird. I don't know if we will do it that way with every trip but now that we are mostly back to 1 trip per year, I might... I know I shouldn't but we will see. August might be light enough that it isn't too bad. I wish they would get rid of the ILLS ones. Just do one paid service. It would be so much easier!

I can't wait to hear what you think about it! I'm hoping that, between lower late-August crowds and the length of our trip, we can get away with doing rope drop, swim break, evening touring without having to buy G+. I assume we'll do it on specific days of the trip, but I really don't want to add a $75 a day surcharge to the visit before you even consider ILLS!!!

If you aren't going to a water park or back to the hotel to swim, I would DEF do a sit down meal. But otherwise, dinner to kick off the evening would be nice.

I will have to talk to my kids about this as the summer progresses. They wanted to go back to the pool pretty much every day of our February trip, but there was a novelty factor. If they've already had a summer of pool time with my mom, then the hotel pool may not be a daily requirement. If we aren't swimming at lunch, we're definitely eating in air conditioning!!

I will say your options for QS at Boardwalk aren't the greatest. Consider grabbing something to bring back with you a couple times. The boardwalk counter service is pretty minimal and the only thing we weren't impressed with when we stayed there. I am not sure if the pool bar has decent food options. Def check it out ahead of time.

Yes, I'm familiar. When we stayed there, I walked around to Hurricane Hanna for food, but I don't think I'll want to walk all the way around the lake in the August sun.

Following...
It's so great to see you getting into such detail!

I have to say, I'm super happy to have ADRs at 60 days. It seems so much more reasonable to know your plans 2 months in advance than 6 months in advance.

I am sure you will have a wonderful year! I'm jealous. I'd love to get APs, but it's a full day of travel each way, and no options to take Southwest from Canada. 🙁
AND - once we can travel again, there are a million places we'd like to go. Maybe there will be a way to justify it some day. Unfortunately, I don't play the lottery, so I'm not sure when the money raining from the sky will show up. 😉

Thanks for following along!

It's funny, there are a million places we want to go, too, but when the kids are a little older. Long flights and time changes are tough, plus they're a little young still to enjoy a lot of the really cool parts of exploring new places, like museums and architecture. It feels like they're just at the perfect age for us to go hard on Disney and then branch out to some more exotic locales when they are tweens and teens. And, yes, the Southwest companion passes and point are a HUGE deal. If we were budgeting typical round trip flight costs for a family of five, there's no way we could make this work.

Excited to be following along for another trip! After our 2019 trip I was hoping to go back for Spring Break 2021 but that didn't happen, and 2022 isn't going to happen for us either, so I will live vicariously through others! I love the idea of so many trips to make up for the lost time. Can't wait to hear more about the planning (and the trips)!

Glad to have you on board! We really are jamming four years of vacations into 12 months! At least, that's what I keep telling myself when I look at the budget and gag a little... 😂

Joining in! We too felt like a year of Disney was warranted after 2 years of pandemic, so we got APs in October. Hoping to make at least a few trips out of them.

Welcome! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who went with a, "We survived, let's get APs!" mentality.

Come on, Disney!

🎶 🎶 🎶
Come on, Disney
Oh, I swear, what we need
At this moment
Please sell me APs
🎶 🎶 🎶

Since this is a site full of Disney fans, I have to assume I’m not the only person that actually lives her life like a musical and randomly breaks into song. My adapted version of this one-hit wonder is much less problematic than the original: all I’m pining for are annual pass sales to resume!

Seriously, I need vouchers on my account and I need them now. After booking our August travel, Hubby and I have agreed that we aren’t making any more non-refundable deposits until we have AP vouchers. I sincerely doubt that the sales will be suspended all the way until August, but crazier things have happened in the last two years.

Right now, there’s a Poly standard view studio available for our November dates and I have an owner willing to rent. I just need the vouchers to pull the trigger! In the meantime, we completely missed the boat to rent points for Boulder Ridge in December as the studios are already full for our dates. I was able to snag a cash booking, so we have a room reserved at Wilderness Lodge, but it doesn’t come cheap. I doubt that we’ll be able to get a discount, either, since there is only one room type between the lodge and both DVC properties that accommodates 5 for less than the cost of a kidney or two. Those cabins, though… I digress. Since it’s only a five-night stay, I think we’ll pony up rack rate to stay at the lodge at Christmas, but it would be nice if we could balance that by snagging the cheaper, standard view room at Poly for the birthday trip. I just can’t believe the APs still aren’t available. The holiday rush is firmly over, what are they waiting for??

News on the budget front is good. We should hit the spending totals to earn my companion pass in this next billing cycle, so that’s two kids free each time we fly Southwest! I’ve been periodically checking their Philly to Orlando flights, but nothing direct for our dates has opened up. If they do add to that schedule, I’m assuming they’ll do it at one of the next date releases, so I’ll be watching more closely at that time.

Other than that, I’m mostly in a holding pattern until APs are secured. Until then, it’s just double checking Southwest flights each morning and humming under my breath. 🎶 Toora loora, toora loo rye ay. Oh, come on, Disneeeeeeey! 🎶

I also noticed some folks complaining that luggage takes a long time to come back at BWI, sometimes up to an hour. That seems crazy to me, especially if we have 3 tired and grumpy kids.
That's not good! Tired and grumpy kids in an airport is never good! I always feel like the area to pick up the bags is always so cold! But maybe that is just the Philly airport.

I can't wait to hear what you think about it!
I will def share with everyone! But you are probably right, an August touring is going to be different than April.

Yes, I'm familiar. When we stayed there, I walked around to Hurricane Hanna for food, but I don't think I'll want to walk all the way around the lake in the August sun.
That boardwalk is nice but HOT in the sun! Does the pool there, have food?

Seriously, I need vouchers on my account and I need them now. After booking our August travel, Hubby and I have agreed that we aren’t making any more non-refundable deposits until we have AP vouchers. I sincerely doubt that the sales will be suspended all the way until August, but crazier things have happened in the last two years.
Seriously it is strange that they stopped them. You would think they would want the $$$.

I hope he's right! The truly scary case numbers have fallen back off in NJ. Now, we're back down moderate/high instead of off-the-charts. (Also, I hope all is well with you. I practically lived at MFM during the triplet pregnancy and I hope your case is going ok, just needing some extra monitoring.)

I hope he is right too! I actually ended up with Covid. I went to the office for ONE DAY, and got exposed! Thankfully it was a VERY mild case, I would not have even tested if my coworker didn't tell me she had just tested positive. I had a worse immune response from my flu shot. Then the baby got it, then my mom, and JUST when we thought we were out of the woods, my husband tested positive today! To say I am tired of Covid is an understatement.

Thank you! Yes I am doing well. I am "elderly" and have chronic hypertension so I see the MFM frequently. I had lots of trouble with my first baby so it is all a precaution. C-Section currently scheduled for 38 weeks and I will go on medical leave Feb 16th!

I hope he is right too! I actually ended up with Covid. I went to the office for ONE DAY, and got exposed! Thankfully it was a VERY mild case, I would not have even tested if my coworker didn't tell me she had just tested positive. I had a worse immune response from my flu shot. Then the baby got it, then my mom, and JUST when we thought we were out of the woods, my husband tested positive today! To say I am tired of Covid is an understatement.

Thank you! Yes I am doing well. I am "elderly" and have chronic hypertension so I see the MFM frequently. I had lots of trouble with my first baby so it is all a precaution. C-Section currently scheduled for 38 weeks and I will go on medical leave Feb 16th!

Ugh, I'm so sorry you have Covid passing through the house but glad symptoms have been mild. We've managed to avoid it thus far but, with three kids in school and the new variant, I feel like it's only a matter of time.

Glad to hear you're MFM visits are just cautionary. You're so close to maternity leave, that's exciting!!

I honestly expected AP sales to return after the New Year. Maybe once it gets closer to Guardians opening? Who knows...I'm still shocked they paused it in the first place.

What A Bummer!

Friends, I can NOT believe Disney World still isn’t selling new APs. I truly thought it would happen after Easter, yet here we are. “Disappointed” doesn’t even begin to cover how we’re feeling about this. It stinks! After much discussion, Hubby and I have decided to buy regular tickets so that we can make August park reservations. Disney is ramping up a ton of capacity this summer, especially with the return of the international program. If, by some miracle, APs are back by September 3rd, we’ll upgrade on site and keep the dream alive. If not, then the title of this PTR becomes accurate in a way I had never intended. 😫

November Plans

Without APs, we’re not sure what we’re doing about the November surprise trip. At first, we were full steam ahead on keeping the trip as is, APs or not. The cost that we had allocated to a year of APs could just go to August and November tickets and what better way to celebrate your birthday than in Magic Kingdom?? After really sitting on the idea, I don’t think that’s the right call. Taken on its own, the November trip would be a huge second expense considering we will have had a big trip just two and a half months prior. It’s one thing when you’re allocating AP cost across multiple different types of trips over the year, but spending all of that for just these two trips didn’t seem like a good return on value. I started thinking about what other, wonderful birthday trip we could take with those funds, but Disney just wouldn’t get out of my head.

It turns out there’s a Disney Wish cruise out of Canaveral that overlaps our planned dates perfectly. We’d cruise for 4 nights, disembark the day before their birthday, transfer to Disney World, and still do a Magic Kingdom birthday celebration before flying home the next day. It’s not cheap, not by a long shot, but neither was staying at Poly for a week and having to buy another full set of tickets. Final payment on the cruise isn’t due until a week after we return this summer, so we have until then to see if APs do come back.

If there are no APs by September 3rd, we have a few days to think about our summer trip and decide whether the current version of WDW (Genie + and all) is worth the November trip or if we pivot to the cruise instead. Our flights would be the same either way, so I’ll just be holding a handful of different, refundable reservations until we lock down November. I’m still super annoyed that, in either version, an expense that should have been our entertainment cost for several trips over twelves months ends up going to just these two. Yes, we would have had to book flights and hotels each time throughout 2022-23. But, we still would have absolutely been able to stretch the Disney budget into many more days with APs. Grrrrrrr.

August Plans

On the August front, we are thrilled to have MNSSHP coming back! It was a major highlight in 2019 and the girls are excited for a repeat. Of course, that’s causing us to shuffle around park days and it means a third night that the girls will be up extra late.

Three parties are happening during our visit. The first is on our first full day in Florida. Since the excitement will wake the kids before dawn, this feels like a bad night to try the party. I want downtime during the day leading into the party and they won’t be having that on the first day. The third option is the second to last full day of our trip, meaning they would be exhausted on their last park day. This also feels like a terrible call because they’re going to want to pack it all in on the final day and they’ll be too tired to do it. Weepy, vacation-is-ending melt downs are virtually guaranteed with that schedule. That leaves us with a Tuesday in the middle of our trip. Because deluxe evening hours run Monday and Wednesday, the Tuesday party forces all three of our late nights back-to-back. At first, I was not thrilled with that idea, but it’s growing on me. Hopefully, with progressive late nights, they’ll then sleep in later during the day to rest up for the next evening’s adventure. Or, you know, that’s the real pipe dream of this PTR! :rotfl:

Our updated schedule with ADR goals is as follows:

8/25- Flight arrives at 2:30pm, ADR Beaches & Cream dinner

8/26- MK rope drop, pool/water park during peak heat, ADR Garden Grill 6:00pm EP evening to see Harmonious

8/27- AK rope drop, ADR Yak and Yeti 12:30, pool/water park, HS evening to see Fantasmic(????), ADR Oga’s 6:30pm

8/28- EP rope drop, ADR Space 220 lounge 12:30 (split 2/4), pool/water park, AK evening

8/29- HS rope drop, pool/water park, ADR Biergarten 6:00 (dancing back?), EP deluxe evening hours

8/30- ADR Trattoria 9:30am (only to hold in case Bon Voyage breakfast returns), relaxed pool day, ADR Steakhouse 71 2:00pm, MNSSHP

8/31- ADR Toppolino 10:00am, pool/water park, ADR Skipper Canteen (apps to share, not expecting to be very hungry), Enchantment and MK deluxe evening hours

9/1- lots of sleep, probably (the prior 3 nights were all late), HS evening, ADR Sci Fi 7:00, Star Wars fireworks?

9/2- I’m trying to talk everyone into a quadruple park day. MK RD, ADR Plaza 12:00, monorail to EP, skyliner to HS, bus to AK. The kids are enthusiastic now but don’t know their limits; Hubby is more skeptical (aka realistic) about this one

9/3- EP RD, MK evening, no ADRs to leave lots of flexibility depending on how the trip has gone

9/4- Flight departs 10:00am, so just breakfast in the room and then we’ll head out

This is our first trip with hoppers, so who knows how much we’ll stick to evening schedules. I want to have at least a rough sketch laid out so that I know we’ll get enough total time in each park. We’re also not necessarily planning on using G+ a ton. With so many days, we will likely be at the pool or Typhoon Lagoon when lines get long and instead utilize rope drop, evening hours, and the deluxe extra late hours. I’m sure we’ll do a few G+ days, but I don’t want to start with $75 a park day loaded into the vacation budget; it’s just too much!

Also, what the heck is going on with Hollywood Studio evening entertainment? I have two nights here booked just in case because we all know Disney tends to announce things returning on short notice. But, they haven’t gotten Star Wars fireworks OR Fantasmic running yet? Come on, folks! It’s time.

I have a couple of wishful thinking ADRs, too. Trattoria breakfast was a particular request from the girls, so I’m making it on the off chance characters return. Also, I don’t think Biergarten is back to its full glory just yet. I don’t know if we’ll keep that ADR if the kids can’t go down and dance to the music: they are enthusiastic participants and it would be a big part of why we went.

Otherwise, we’re awaiting ADR day, hoping Southwest doesn’t change our flights, and crossing our fingers that some of our favorite things get announced for late summer returns to Disney World.

Big Picture

In case you hadn’t noticed it yet, I’m really not doing well at accepting that our grand plans for 2022 and 2023 travel have, for all intents and purposes, unraveled. I’m researching DCL for November, maybe eyeballing Grand Cayman for Easter or Hawaii for summer 2023, but everything is half-hearted. We have two companion passes through 2023 and lots of SW points, so we’re definitely taking fun vacations somewhere! But, until they put the final nail in our AP coffin, everything feels too up in the air to get excited.

Speaking of not accepting things, the kids brought Covid home the Thursday before a concert we’d been waiting two years to see. We were going to see the band in January of 2020 but the show was cancelled. Then, they announced summer 2020 tour dates, but we all know how that went! Meanwhile, the kids listened to all the albums on repeat and we had all really built up finally getting to see them in person. We even sprung for the VIP meet and greet experience. After sitting on the floor crying right along with the girls, I decided we weren’t going to let them miss this one. The pandemic has taken so many experiences and I refused to let this fall into that bucket.

After comparing tour dates with a very busy year end schedule (dance recital, piano recital, Girl Scouts outings, etc), we got our first chance to use those SW passes and flew to Nashville for Memorial Day weekend. It was insane timing, totally last minute, and something I never would have considered in the beforetimes. I guess having your kids come home from Kindergarten one day and just not go back changes your priorities.

4H3Eb2Bl.jpg

1HNpkNZl.jpg

0KgLjOzl.jpg

6w3jmzKl.jpg

JgN3bPgl.jpg

PfB2xyJl.jpg

rLrIZCbl.jpg

Bummer on so many fronts!

If, by some miracle, APs are back by September 3rd, we’ll upgrade on site and keep the dream alive. If not, then the title of this PTR becomes accurate in a way I had never intended. 😫
It really is interesting that they aren't selling AP still. When I was planning our April trip everyone kept saying what about APs. And they are STILL not an option. It's kind of crazy!!! The good news, is you do have some time still. But it was been A LONG TIME!!!

9/2- I’m trying to talk everyone into a quadruple park day. MK RD, ADR Plaza 12:00, monorail to EP, skyliner to HS, bus to AK. The kids are enthusiastic now but don’t know their limits; Hubby is more skeptical (aka realistic) about this one
I think you guys could do this IF you paced yourselves the days before. AK at night is a great choice, you would still not be up too late. And when we went to AK after dinner, the park was DEAD!!! We ended up doing Everest 3 times and only waited half an hour for FOP. Just work in a nice rest at lunch and even maybe a second down time in HS or AK.

m researching DCL for November, maybe eyeballing Grand Cayman for Easter or Hawaii for summer 2023, but everything is half-hearted. We have two companion passes through 2023 and lots of SW points, so we’re definitely taking fun vacations somewhere! But, until they put the final nail in our AP coffin, everything feels too up in the air to get excited.
This is how I am with most vacation planning that isn't disney. It's def half hearted. OR what I pick out is just as pricey... I have accepted that we aren't doing a summer vacation this year. But I am holding on to still doing some sort of Thanksgiving trip.

I will have my fingers crossed for you on the AP front! It's just crazy that they are still not back yet.

Sorry to here the ladies got Covid. It really is just making to way through all the folks who were super careful but finally out and about.

Random question, but what do your girls do for summer?

I think you guys could do this IF you paced yourselves the days before. AK at night is a great choice, you would still not be up too late. And when we went to AK after dinner, the park was DEAD!!! We ended up doing Everest 3 times and only waited half an hour for FOP. Just work in a nice rest at lunch and even maybe a second down time in HS or AK.

Two days before is the 3rd late night, so the immediate day before is scheduled to be very low key with only a short evening park visit. I'm hoping we're all re-energized to take on a fun challenge for this day!

Sorry to here the ladies got Covid. It really is just making to way through all the folks who were super careful but finally out and about.

Totally agreed! We are also seeing it hit our friends and family who were most cautious throughout the pandemic.

Random question, but what do your girls do for summer?

Grandparents! I only work 3 days a week. So, my mom does one day, in laws do the other two. Yay for free child care!

This year, we did sign them up for a weeklong girl scout camp, but it's because they want to do it, not because we *need* the child care.

If, by some miracle, APs are back by September 3rd, we’ll upgrade on site and keep the dream alive. If not, then the title of this PTR becomes accurate in a way I had never intended.
I’ll be crossing my fingers for you! This year has been the most difficult Disney planning year with so much still gone and return dates up in the air.
Final payment on the cruise isn’t due until a week after we return this summer, so we have until then to see if APs do come back.
Glad you can at least make that decision after your first trip!
Also, what the heck is going on with Hollywood Studio evening entertainment? I have two nights here booked just in case because we all know Disney tends to announce things returning on short notice. But, they haven’t gotten Star Wars fireworks OR Fantasmic running yet? Come on, folks! It’s time.
Seriously. I saw today the Fantasmic River was filled with water again, so fingers crossed it’s coming soon! But we go this week so I’m giving up hope it will be live before we go :(
I have a couple of wishful thinking ADRs, too. Trattoria breakfast was a particular request from the girls, so I’m making it on the off chance characters return.
I did the same! I ended up canceling and we did Boma instead.
I guess having your kids come home from Kindergarten one day and just not go back changes your priorities.
So true!!

Ugh I feel for you guys!! We are in the same boat. We thought our September trip would be the first of 3-4 trips over the next year (we just bought DVC) but without APs it’ll likely be our only trip. So frustrating. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that they’ll go back on sale very soon!!

Seriously. I saw today the Fantasmic River was filled with water again, so fingers crossed it’s coming soon! But we go this week so I’m giving up hope it will be live before we go :(

Yeah, I saw the river was filled, too. I hope it's running by August!!

Bummer about stuff not being totally back for your trip this week. YAY for a Disney trip, but BOO things *still* not being back.

Ugh I feel for you guys!! We are in the same boat. We thought our September trip would be the first of 3-4 trips over the next year (we just bought DVC) but without APs it’ll likely be our only trip. So frustrating. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that they’ll go back on sale very soon!!

Fingers crossed for both of us! I'm shocked they haven't done something at least to expand APs back for DVC. You already have such an investment in WDW that they should be prioritizing a pass for DVC in particular even it can't open up yet for the rest of us.

I've been reading speculation that AP's may be back since they released an AP discount through September 8. Here is to hoping!!!

We also have a 4 parks 1 day planned. It'll just be myself and DD16. We always plan one every trip but always end up bailing on one of the parks. This trip we are committed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter