Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Fares for August 15 through October 4 2023 were on the Low Fare Calendar at 7:15 AM ET today.
I saw that, prices look much higher, is that typical? Like usually see as low as 108 midweek and lowest is 178.

Also, lots of errors, so maybe they are still loading?

Updated release times:

Release Date | Time (eastern)
02/09/23 | 7:15am
12/15/22 | 7:15am
10/27/22 | 7:25am
09/08/22 | 7:25am
07/21/22 | 7:20am
06/16/22 | 7:30am
03/30/22 | 7:30am
12/16/21 | 7:50am
12/08/21 | 6:45am
06/10/21 | 7:15am
04/01/21 | 9:10am
12/10/20 | 7:15am
08/13/20 | 9:15am

Wow! Hardly anyone traveling in September? There’s usually pages of people waiting for the release. Yes, even in past Septembers. We usually would be going in September but we’re going July 4th for the first time instead. I’ll probably be sorry when I see there’s no one there in September.

Wow! Hardly anyone traveling in September? There’s usually pages of people waiting for the release. Yes, even in past Septembers. We usually would be going in September but we’re going July 4th for the first time instead. I’ll probably be sorry when I see there’s no one there in September.
I feel the same way about Aug...not many people posting here or in the August trip thread. I'm hoping for lite crowds!

We had been considering a DISer group trip to Dollywood for Sep/Oct timeframe but it seems we all ended up getting busy with other trips lol. It's still technically on the table but getting to Dollywood isn't the easiest with flights. Otherwise I think my husband would like to go back to Vegas during October but that's not even remotely planned.

We have our Mexico trip (with SWA) and our cruise (not with SWA) that are big trips already. Next year if we go to Japan that will not be with SWA (unless it's a flight to get to the west coast) and then potentially Europe again.

People are seemingly diversifying the trips and when they go I think that's impacting how much there are people going for release day. In terms of SWA's reputation it doesn't seem to have taken too much of a hit so I don't think that it's just a slew of people not traveling them.

Rates were expensive at opening but I doubt if there will be a drop for Spring. Rental cars are ridiculous as well!!

I have flown SWA multiple times in the past ten years. Over time things have changed, with me and with them.

I have a trip booked for late April. I can squeeze into one seat but it is uncomfortable. I am also traveling with my own power wheelchair and my physical issues make it difficult to keep my knees bent for long periods of time. After reading up on SWA's person of size policies, for the first time I booked two seats. Hopefully that means I will be able to sit with the arm rest up and stretch out my legs in more positions.

But I have questions. I understand I need to email them to get the refund. What paper work do I need to make sure I have to submit? Also, do they refund to my credit card or as travel funds?

As an aside, I know the risks I am taking with my custom chair. For the past couple of years I have been relying on using wheelchair pushers at the airport and renting a chair at the destination. But the chairs you can rent do not really suit my needs the way my own chair does. My chair people sent someone to give me a lesson on how to best secure my chair for loading on the plane and said, "Take it. If they break it they pay to make it right, including a loaner chair and a full replacement if necessary."
I don't see that anyone has answered so I'll answer with my experience. We had to purchase an extra seat in December for my son who had a full leg cast at the time. When I booked, I was told just to call after the flights were completed and I'd be refunded. We had no problems with the flights, even though they were both full. The flight attendants even made sure that no one tried to sit there since we were in the front row. On the return flight the agent at the desk where you get the tags for gate check stuff went ahead and processed the refund for our return flight right then and there, which was great. It was a bit more difficult to get refunded for the 1st flight, but that was really only because of all the issues just before Christmas. I did not have to provide any paperwork at all. It was refunded to my credit card, not as travel funds.

I was hoping for some advice!

I am taking my first solo trip to WDW in a few weeks. I always fly SW, but usually have a few of my kids with me, so we of course want to board as early as possible to get seats together.

For those who fly SW solo, how do you do about boarding? Do you still try to get there early and take a chance with the people who choose to sit next to you or do you prefer to board a little later and choose the people you sit next to?

I’m trying to decide if EBCI is even worth it for me.

Before Covid I made a solo trip to Minneapolis for a work trip. I did not have EBCI and just took what I had. On my flight home from Chicago (had a layover her) I had a late boarding group despite checking in at the 24 hour mark. I ended up sitting in a middle seat towards the middle/back of the plane. It was a great flight. I sat between 2 older people. Come to find out they were married and one wanted the window seat and one wanted the isle. They were about the age of my grandparents. They were very nice and we talked about our trips and such. They actually didn't live to far from too. Being solo I would save the money and just sit where ever.

For those who fly SW solo, how do you do about boarding? Do you still try to get there early and take a chance with the people who choose to sit next to you or do you prefer to board a little later and choose the people you sit next to?

I just take my chances with check-in.

For my last trip, I was a couple minutes late checking (I was having trouble getting the app to load) and got C13. I was resigned to a middle seat. I got on the plane and found a window seat in the extra row. So sometimes being a solo traveler is an advantage!

COO of SW testified before a Senate committee today. Some fixes of the crew scheduling software will go live tomorrow. Only 200 bags have not been reunited with their owner, over 75,000 reimbursement requests have been fulfilled, 11,000 request left, almost all filed within the last 30 days.

Myself, my DH, and sons all have credits from a previous trip. When I go to use our credits, can I book us all on the same confirmation number or do we each need to sign in and book our tickets individually to be able to use the credits?

We fund our SW travel with points and DH has companion pass. If we go with one of the new credit card promos and open a new credit card so I get a companion pass, too (we have two kids we can use them on), can we still pay for my ticket with the points from his account and still use a companion pass on my account? (I’m not sure I explained that well)

So two accounts with two companion pages but only paying with points from one account.

Myself, my DH, and sons all have credits from a previous trip. When I go to use our credits, can I book us all on the same confirmation number or do we each need to sign in and book our tickets individually to be able to use the credits?

You can book everyone on the same itinerary. When you apply each credit, you enter the passenger name and the confirmation number of the credit, and it checks that the passenger matches on the new itinerary.

We fund our SW travel with points and DH has companion pass. If we go with one of the new credit card promos and open a new credit card so I get a companion pass, too (we have two kids we can use them on), can we still pay for my ticket with the points from his account and still use a companion pass on my account? (I’m not sure I explained that well)

So two accounts with two companion pages but only paying with points from one account.
Yes, the system only checks if the fare paid, not how.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!