Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

The website is still saying that the next schedule drop is 7/21 and will go through 3/8. I'm hoping for some good flight times and prices.
me too! we're headed back to Vegas in February and I'd like better flight times than on our last trip!!

and then to Cocoa Beach in April for our first trip there!!! (and we're even sneaking in 2 days at the parks!!)

me too! we're headed back to Vegas in February and I'd like better flight times than on our last trip!!

and then to Cocoa Beach in April for our first trip there!!! (and we're even sneaking in 2 days at the parks!!)
Our flight time is even earlier on our Vegas flight on Labor Day than it was in December 2021 (when we left at like 6am). We leave our home airport at 5:10am arrive in Vegas at 6::05am :faint: our hotel room for sure won't be ready even after accounting for the few to get the rental car BUT we did make like a 7am or so Mon Ami Gabi breakfast reservation so there is that lol.

I'm finally getting a girls trip with my bestie from college and I want to maximize my time while my parents have my kids.

Our flight time is even earlier on our Vegas flight on Labor Day than it was in December 2021 (when we left at like 6am). We leave our home airport at 5:10am arrive in Vegas at 6::05am :faint: our hotel room for sure won't be ready even after accounting for the few to get the rental car BUT we did make like a 7am or so Mon Ami Gabi breakfast reservation so there is that lol.
I LOVE getting into Vegas early!! that's a whole extra day to gamble!!

Last trip (May 2022) we got in at 3pm, and then took us almost an hour to get our rental car (Thrifty was "out" of cars) :headache:

so our dinner the first night was at 7pm and I felt rushed after we landed - I'm hoping we can get earlier flights in February!!

and I want non-stop flights....did I mention that too? Last time we had layovers both ways and it was not good!

I LOVE getting into Vegas early!! that's a whole extra day to gamble!!

Last trip (May 2022) we got in at 3pm, and then took us almost an hour to get our rental car (Thrifty was "out" of cars) :headache:

so our dinner the first night was at 7pm and I felt rushed after we landed - I'm hoping we can get earlier flights in February!!

and I want non-stop flights....did I mention that too? Last time we had layovers both ways and it was not good!
It is true it's nice to get there early but I swear I'm more dead than awake at that ungodly hour and I haven't even gotten to the Vegas stuff yet :rotfl2:

I do hate feeling rushed though so I get how you felt. Fingers crossed your flights are better this time around!

The website is still saying that the next schedule drop is 7/21 and will go through 3/8. I'm hoping for some good flight times and prices.
I hate that it’s only thru 3/8. My flight is 3/5-3/9 and I always get early bird. Now it’ll cost me twice as much.

Points are 45% off! Best deal they have. I've been looking because I anticipate I'll have to buy a few points next week.

Flying with a 1.5 year old in December. In need of all the tips.

We want to carry on a MINU V2 stroller, anyone know if it fits? Experience with gate checking strollers?

Planning on keeping him on our laps, does that sound do able?

If flight is not fully booked, I assume he can sit in seat?

TIA

A lap baby is free. If you think you may put your child in a seat if there is an empty spot I would kindly suggest you pay for the ticket and then if/when your child needs your lap you can pick them up and put them in your lap.

SWA considers a lap child as one not occupying a seat.

We want to carry on a MINU V2 stroller, anyone know if it fits? Experience with gate checking strollers?

TIA
you did not ask but make sure you have a copy of his birth certificate with you. only time you will need this is when flying as a lap child. How long is your flight? does he like to sit on or be held when still? he will most likely not be allowed in extra seat for landing or take off. you will not be able to use tray table for play when he is on your lap. carry something for him to suck on for take off and landing. pack a change of clothes for him and all adults in your carryon. think spills or throw up. nothing worse than having to wait for checked bag to be off loaded when needing a change. you will need headphones to be able to use anything with sound/movies or use on silent

you did not ask but make sure you have a copy of his birth certificate with you. only time you will need this is when flying as a lap child. How long is your flight? does he like to sit on or be held when still? he will most likely not be allowed in extra seat for landing or take off. you will not be able to use tray table for play when he is on your lap. carry something for him to suck on for take off and landing. pack a change of clothes for him and all adults in your carryon. think spills or throw up. nothing worse than having to wait for checked bag to be off loaded when needing a change. you will need headphones to be able to use anything with sound/movies or use on silent
flight is 1.5 hours

If your flight gets cancelled on Southwest does the rate type you reserved make any difference on where you end up boarding the flight you eventually end up on? For example if you pay the extra to buy Business Select to be able to board 1-15 does that carry over to boarding the replacement flight? If it does not do they refund the fare difference between that and what you would have spent on Wanna get Away?

TIA
My kids are older now but for years we gate checked our double stroller without issue. I found gate checking with SW to be less of a pain than trying to fit in an overhead.

Is it doable to keep a 1.5 year old on your lap? Absolutely. Especially for a quick flight. However, your baby’s personality and mobility level will play a big factor into this. Assuming the baby is just a year now, so much will change with their personality and energy levels between now and then, it will be hard to tell. If you can afford it, you may want to book a seat for the baby separately (you’ll have to call SW to do this I believe), then cancel his ticket if you think he won’t need it.

If the flight is not fully booked, he can sit in an empty seat. Most likely no one will try to sit with you and your toddler if they can help it, so you’re prob one of the most likely to have the row to yourselves :)

Some tips for you- bring anything and everything that will fit into a backpack that will hold their attention- books, iPad, coloring, snacks, and something to suck on during take off and landing to help with ears.

Best of luck! Try not to stress to far in advance.

TIA
I have yet to be on a Southwest flight that hasn't been sold out. It's not something I would count on.

TIAG
I’m cheap so I always kept my kids on my lap at that age. Bring snacks they can pick up like puffs or cheerios and be prepared to make a mess and feel flustered and it will still be ok. A million small things they already like is better than big things or new things to keep their attention. Once you’re in flight taking some slow walks up and down to the bathroom is pretty exciting and timing flying for naps is good too- the engine noise and cozy on lap experience often conked my kids out… I had very sore arms after a flight to Hawaii but my toddler slept like 5 of the 6 hours so worth it!

TIA
Don't try to put a stroller in the overhead, gate check it or just check it. It's incredibly rude to take up space that two or three passengers bags would fit in so you don't have to wait a couple minutes on the jetway. I would personally book a seat and bring the car seat for the child. Kids that age don't want to sit still for 90 minutes, especially in a new environment like a plane. Bringing their seat gives them some level of familiarity, allows you to keep them contained and stops them from from causing trouble for other people.
Whether the FA's will allow you to put your child in a seat if there is an empty one is going to depend on the FAs. By rule, no, you must keep the child on your lap from pushback to engine shutdown.
I have yet to be on a Southwest flight that hasn't been sold out. It's not something I would count on.
I was on a flight two weeks ago that was only half full, first one in 18 months.
I’m cheap so I always kept my kids on my lap at that age. Bring snacks they can pick up like puffs or cheerios and be prepared to make a mess and feel flustered and it will still be ok. A million small things they already like is better than big things or new things to keep their attention. Once you’re in flight taking some slow walks up and down to the bathroom is pretty exciting and timing flying for naps is good too- the engine noise and cozy on lap experience often conked my kids out… I had very sore arms after a flight to Hawaii but my toddler slept like 5 of the 6 hours so worth it!
No chance on a 90 minutes SW flight there will be time for a "slow walk up and down to the bathroom." Most flights of that length they don't even turn the seat belt sign off, claiming turbulence.

No chance on a 90 minutes SW flight there will be time for a "slow walk up and down to the bathroom." Most flights of that length they don't even turn the seat belt sign off, claiming turbulence.
That has not been my experience but a good point not to count on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter