Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Anyone traveling on May 22 have a change yet? My flight is still intact but I'm guessing they just haven't gone that far on the schedule yet...I've seen reports of 5/20 and 5/21 changes...
I got our 5/21 cancel email last night and just read this. They removed all afternoon flights on the 21st, and we can't get to the airport in time getting off the cruise ship, so going to have to spend the night, but this now scares me to move to a noon/early afternoon on the 22nd, as they may have just not gotten to moving them around yet....

Am I correct - If SW changes my flight, I get to change to a new one free. If they change that new one between now and the flight, I get to change that one as well if it does not work, correct?

Also, is there any way other than phone to get points returned if the new flight is less?

Last edited:
Got some emails. One flight change was only by 5 minutes, another was to a later flight that cost fewer points. They wouldn't let me modify it to get points back so I cancelled to rebook, but even though it said 3 seats left at that price, it wouldn't let me book the same flight. Had to book another one, and now I see the price of the one I was trying for has gone from 7600 to 19,000 points.

One other flight on May 10 has been removed from the schedule, but no change email yet so I don't know whats up.
Quoting myself - and the weirdness continues. DH's original May 14th flight change that went from 7600 to 19,000 pts changed by 10 minutes today and is back down to 5700 pts. So I rebooked him again to that one.

My 7 AM May 10th flight to MCO is now 6 AM. The next non-stop isn't until 2:20, so I will get up early.

Am I correct - If SW changes my flight, I get to change to a new one free. If they change that new one between now and the flight, I get to change that one as well if it does not work, correct?

Also, is there any way other than phone to get points returned if the new flight is less?
I believe you have 14 days to switch to a new one with no additional cost. I don't know about points returned if the new flight is less. My suspicion is if you change before they do, you get the points back, not sure if they change you if you get them back. I changed my 5/13 flight before they changed me and saved $25 cash per flight ($100 total). I'm guessing I wouldn't have gotten that had they simply moved me to the same flight.

I had read an article a ways back about them getting a new flight scheduling system that would let them book flights based on preliminary intentions and then the computer rebooks everyone when they finalize schedules and eliminate a number of flights. The article said that before, a person would rebook you so you got things that made sense. Now, the computer rebooks you and you get the nonsensical results that so many have gotten upset about. We love SWA, but their recent operational policies leave much to be desired.

So this is gonna be the new booking method? Intentionally misleading customers on what they’re purchasing??? Hard NOPE. I understand flights get changed sometimes. But to intentionally take my money, knowing full well you don’t intend to honor what I booked is not gonna work for me. I will cancel all 3 of our SW credit cards, hold onto the 275,000 points we have & go back to flying Jetblue.

DH had a flight at 12:45 and they moved him to one at 2:20 which was less points than the original. Last night I tried to cancel and rebook at the lower rate, however even though it said 3 seats available at that price, I couldn't do it and when I looked again the points required had soared. So I rebooked a different flight at 11:00, and today the new flight was changed to 2:10 and even lower points. I was able to change him to that one. So you can potentially cancel and rebook at the lower rate but be careful of price changes. (The estimated call wait time was 2 hours so I didn't do that)

Last night I got the red banner saying both of our May flights were changed.

I was able to go in and amend both flights at no charge since SW made this change. If they change the flights again, then once again I'll be able to change at no cost to me.

Between my original flights and the new flights I booked us on bc SW changed our flights, I was able to get back almost 40k in points. There was a glitch when I was changing our return flight so I reached out to SW via FB and they were able to confirm the new return flight and refund my 40k in points.

I really like chatting with SW via FB - I've also heard that Twitter is easy too!

Good luck!

Last night I got the red banner saying both of our May flights were changed.

I was able to go in and amend both flights at no charge since SW made this change. If they change the flights again, then once again I'll be able to change at no cost to me.

Between my original flights and the new flights I booked us on bc SW changed our flights, I was able to get back almost 40k in points. There was a glitch when I was changing our return flight so I reached out to SW via FB and they were able to confirm the new return flight and refund my 40k in points.

I really like chatting with SW via FB - I've also heard that Twitter is easy too!

Good luck!
I got my flights switched, but literally while i was on hold, the points per flight jumped 10,000 points. Would have liked to have those points back, but like knowing that I have a flight, although now the wrong day, and will have to pay for a hotel room. But she did tell me that they think, what is there now on the 5/21-5/22 time frame should be the final big changes.

I got my flights switched, but literally while i was on hold, the points per flight jumped 10,000 points. Would have liked to have those points back, but like knowing that I have a flight, although now the wrong day, and will have to pay for a hotel room. But she did tell me that they think, what is there now on the 5/21-5/22 time frame should be the final big changes.
Please let this be true!!!!!

I LOVE getting into Vegas super early - it's like a whole extra day for FREE!!

and we're going b/c of a comped offer at the Bellagio - and because of the exciting outdoor activities I have planned - driving Razors in the desert and kayaking on the Colorado river!

and DH is all about a fancy dinner...so there's that too!
I so agree..I mean we don't get any alcoholic drinks I'm barely awake as is when the flight is that early but it is like getting a whole day free.

Off topic for here but we stayed comped at the Bellagio in December as well (used MyVegas rewards although I think we had to pay resort fees and the fully comp offers from Wynn and Encore we were able to waive the resort fees which meant we couldn't use what was included but that was fine). Have you tried Scarpetta? It's in the Cosmo and not long walking from Bellagio (you know how even being next door can be a walk in Vegas lol). It's a nice dinner and if you get sat in the right place you can see the fountains going off. We had that as an early anniversary dinner back in March 2021 and then again in December because we liked it.

This sounds like a great trip you have planned! We did do Hoover Dam back in 2017 as well as Red Rock Canyon but have not done quite as adventurous stuff as you've got planned.

I so agree..I mean we don't get any alcoholic drinks I'm barely awake as is when the flight is that early but it is like getting a whole day free.

Off topic for here but we stayed comped at the Bellagio in December as well (used MyVegas rewards although I think we had to pay resort fees and the fully comp offers from Wynn and Encore we were able to waive the resort fees which meant we couldn't use what was included but that was fine). Have you tried Scarpetta? It's in the Cosmo and not long walking from Bellagio (you know how even being next door can be a walk in Vegas lol). It's a nice dinner and if you get sat in the right place you can see the fountains going off. We had that as an early anniversary dinner back in March 2021 and then again in December because we liked it.

This sounds like a great trip you have planned! We did do Hoover Dam back in 2017 as well as Red Rock Canyon but have not done quite as adventurous stuff as you've got planned.
HA! I play MyVegas too!! Im hoping this time to cash in for free play @ Bellagio, a BOGO breakfast buffet at Bellagio, BOGO 2-day monorail passes, and free dessert at Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak @ MGM!

We have not been to Scarpetta yet - but I think I did look it over this trip but we've settled on:

Giada's on arrival night, Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak , Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab (my absolute FAVORITE and a must do each trip!!) and then Jaleo (at Cosmo) on our last night -I know there's one at Disney Springs but we've never been!

HA! I play MyVegas too!! Im hoping this time to cash in for free play @ Bellagio, a BOGO breakfast buffet at Bellagio, BOGO 2-day monorail passes, and free dessert at Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak @ MGM!

We have not been to Scarpetta yet - but I think I did look it over this trip but we've settled on:

Giada's on arrival night, Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak , Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab (my absolute FAVORITE and a must do each trip!!) and then Jaleo (at Cosmo) on our last night -I know there's one at Disney Springs but we've never been!
We have not been to any of those restaurants you mentioned but I should check them out. My husband likes to use his rewards often on buy one get one drinks sometimes gelato at Bellagio, I think once we may have used some for Hash House A Go Go . We had used one for the Wynn buffet back in April 2020 but that trip got rescheduled to March 2021 and the buffet was not open then :(

I got my email last night regarding our non stop 5/21 MHT depart 6 am, arrive MCO 9 am paid for with hard earned points. Nothing like wasting an entire day with Southwest!

SWA changed them to:
FLIGHT
DEPARTS
MHT 4:10PM
Manchester
mail
ARRIVES
MDW 5:35PM
Chicago (Midway)
Stop:
mail
Change planes
FLIGHT
DEPARTS
MDW 7:30PM
Chicago (Midway)
mail
ARRIVES
MCO 11:00PM
Orlando

I was able to switch to a 6:30 am MHT-MCO via BWI arriving around 11:30 am. We took these flights in October and it was awful, long layover in BWI and our flight was late getting out. I am disabled and it just adds to the pain of flying. We fly back on 6/2 and booked separately so no email yet...

In about two years we will start driving when DH retires. Our September trip is booked with Delta which I planned to change but am now keeping. Bad on you Southwest for screwing up everyone's vacations! :car:
Today I got an email for a may 14 flight change. I was going MHT to BWI to RDU. Well I was rerouted with a non stop to Orlando with a 5 hour layover, then back up to Raleigh. I guess I could have done some shopping. I changed to an earlier flight through Baltimore.

Looks like they're changing to the same flight schedule that my April trip has which stinks because there's no way my boys can take a flight that lands at 1:00 am and be at work that morning. Looks like we lose a day from our trip.

Today I got an email for a may 14 flight change. I was going MHT to BWI to RDU. Well I was rerouted with a non stop to Orlando with a 5 hour layover, then back up to Raleigh. I guess I could have done some shopping. I changed to an earlier flight through Baltimore.
You can almost do a park at WDW with a 5 hour layover at MCO LOL! I plan to watch to see if a non stop comes back. I think there will be more changes coming to schedules before May. Thankfully, I have 3 or 4 rental cars booked for various hours which I will keep until day of!

So, the good news I guess is I was successful to switch my flight to another one before they randomly assigned me to one and saved $83 per person but now we're on a connecting flight and leaving at 11:50 instead of 6:30, that day just becomes a travel day. Stinks...no Chef Art Smith farewell brunch for us.

Was walking to the gate after tsa check about an hour before the flight was supposed to take off @ 6 am this morning in Philly when we got an email from Southwest that the flight was cancelled. 1 hour wait on the phone, 1 agent at the booth to handle everyone on that flight. No flights to move to until tomorrow afternoon. Moved us to a flight out of DC tonight. Waiting for that flight now, hour late so far.

Last edited:
Not good...just went in for the millionth time to check my flight on May 22 and the flight schedule says "We're sorry there are no flights on May 22 from MCO to PVD" obviously change is coming....
Have you checked again? I was curious since I fly out of PVD and it looks like May is changing over to the April changes (2 flights a day to MCO 10:45 am and 6:30 pm)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter