Possible tip for you hungry people...

LuvTigger

DIS Veteran
I was just reading a post about a few WISHers on Atkins. I've read the book, but I'm not especially familiar with the thing about the "fat fast." I'm not on Atkins, but I'm doing something where carbs are limited to lettuce, other veggies, and fruits. The first 3 days of my program are protein-only, and in portions 4 oz. or slightly less.

One of the suggestions on my program for those first few days to ease the hunger is to supplement the protein meal with a cup of broth. I bought bouillon cubes (beef), and one cube only has 5 calories, and is less than 1 gram of carbs. Not sure if this is "allowable" on Atkins, but thought it might be helpful to curb the hunger, I know it helped me during my protein-only days!

I'm not doing that fat fast with those poor ladies, butI did want to say thank you for thinking baout them and trying to help them out! That is such a nice thing to do!

Luv Tigger Thanks...I never thought of that. We are half way through and I don't want to mess with it, but I bet that would be really good on Induction when I am done with this.

Tracy

Thanks so much for thinking of us! I might try that if today gets as bad as yesterday. I did try freezing my diet lemonade to make a slushy to "eat". At least it kept me busy for a few minutes.

We are 1/2 way done, I'm hoping it's easier today, but it's great to have a back-up plan.

I really really appreciate your suggestion

A BIG kiss for you!
246.gif

Karyn

We're Slow, We're Determined, We're . . . Loved!

Thank you for the tip. I remember many years ago using bouillion soup and drinking it slowly was very satisfying.

I think that I'll use this at work, too, in place of when I used to drink coffee.

And I wanted to add my support to the fat fast ladies, too.

God bless you, best wishes, and encouragement, RaySharpton:)

Thanks, <b>LuvTigger</b>. That is a great tip. Bouillon is indeed helpful for people trying to lose or maintain their weight.

We just need to remember to read the labels. Not all bouillon cubes are zero carb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter