Positive thoughts and Prayers for the 4 year old who almost drowned

Such crushing news! It's not too late for a miracle, but all the medical evidence seems to be pointing to permanent brain damage for this little boy. This family needs prayers more than ever right now. The pain they must be going through is beyond imagining.

There is also the 'managing expectations' piece as well. All hope is not lost, but one must be cautious.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There is also the 'managing expectations' piece as well. All hope is not lost, but one must be cautious.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So sad, but so true... Then again, where I come from there is a saying: "hope never dies"

My suggestion...lets pick a date and time and everyone light a candle of prayers for this family....the candle can be lit for maybe an hour and the prayer begins at the lighting of this special candle...miracles happen with prayers...just a thought

My suggestion...lets pick a date and time and everyone light a candle of prayers for this family....the candle can be lit for maybe an hour and the prayer begins at the lighting of this special candle...miracles happen with prayers...just a thought

Yes. Let's do this. Tomorrow or Tuesday....you pick a time when everyone may be home from work..etc. The sooner the better. :hug: Maybe a 9:00 pm time...I'm in California...Can everyone light a candle tomorrow evening? I'm no brain when it comes to time zones so, if someone can break it down to where we are all lighting at the same time.

We may not be able to be there with the family but it gives us something ... bonding ... to help us all and the family with prayers and thoughts.

Me too!
As a speech pathologist, I have had far too many students who were survivors of near-drownings or suffocation and my initial prayers were that Chase would survive with the ability to recognize those who love him and to communicate with them in some manner. My prayers have now targeted the following:
~ Swallowing: I pray that his brain heals so that he can reflexively (automatically) swallow. Without this ability, he will need life-long suctioning.
~ Siblings: Their lives have also been altered forever and they are too young to comprehend all of this. They will need just as much attention as Chase.
~ Transport: I pray that he is stable enough to be medically transported back to Minnesota. The fundraising goal won't even cover all that he needs to be transported safely.

And time zone-wise, all I know is that here in California, we are three hours behind Florida. :)

I'm in too. I've been following and praying since the accident, but haven't posted. I really thought with his initial progress that he was going to fully recover, and then Saturday I started to see that things weren't looking good. I'm a nurse and I'm glad that Chase's caregivers are being honest with the family, but I also believe in the power of prayer and this family needs all the prayers they can get!

I have forwarded this story to the Minnesota Wild NHL team hoping it will get some attention from them. The last update he used a statement that most MN Wild fans use "The State of Hockey"

. My prayers have now targeted the following:
~ Swallowing: I pray that his brain heals so that he can reflexively (automatically) swallow. Without this ability, he will need life-long suctioning.
~ Siblings: Their lives have also been altered forever and they are too young to comprehend all of this. They will need just as much attention as Chase.
~ Transport: I pray that he is stable enough to be medically transported back to Minnesota. The fundraising goal won't even cover all that he needs to be transported safely.
. :)

Prayers.

I have forwarded this story to the Minnesota Wild NHL team hoping it will get some attention from them. The last update he used a statement that most MN Wild fans use "The State of Hockey"

Hmm..I've seen reference to the hockey a few times so that's a great idea. :goodvibes I'm also going to give my DH another update and plant a seed. My DH is an artist and he custom paints the hockey goalie masks (among other things too) and his passion is the kids and he tries to donate his artwork for charities when he can. I'm wondering if they'd donate a goalie mask for him to custom paint and then auction off..... :confused3. He can certainly try :goodvibes

Heather

Hmm..I've seen reference to the hockey a few times so that's a great idea. :goodvibes I'm also going to give my DH another update and plant a seed. My DH is an artist and he custom paints the hockey goalie masks (among other things too) and his passion is the kids and he tries to donate his artwork for charities when he can. I'm wondering if they'd donate a goalie mask for him to custom paint and then auction off..... :confused3. He can certainly try :goodvibes

Heather

I will be at the game on 4/9, so I can talk to someone guest relations on this. It might be hard for the team to do something publicly, I was hoping this would catch some ears of the team privately. Your idea sounds great, if not for the Wild maybe for a private family fundraiser. Is sounds like they are from Prior Lake area. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter