Positive changes

I totally agree about capacity taking care of itself. Our August cruise is empty, and I really hope it goes because the idea of watching the pirate show without the crush of crowds and no wait for the aquaduck sounds heavenly. On our cruise social media page there was a mass exodus of people who didn’t feel comfortable cruising until 2021 or later. On top of people who left because it was their first cruise and they didn’t want restrictions.

You know it's empty when you're less than 3 months from sailing and a starboard, bumpout Category V is still available.

Point is that we have DCL enough enjoying as others have with our last 2 being 1BR Concierge so a reduced rate could bring us back. We cruise other multiple lines now, e.g. --MSC where Yacht Club is far fewer $$$ compared to DCL Concierge with immensely greater advantages that DCL can not match.

I've been pricing Yacht Club and Haven staterooms for 2021 and the prices are a steal compared to DCL Concierge.

You know it's empty when you're less than 3 months from sailing and a starboard, bumpout Category V is still available.

Totally--there's a deck 12 starboard Cat T open in ours. I'm drooling a little at the idea of a port upgrade if it is still around by the time we sail.

I think it's the other way around. As returning cruisers, we know which restaurant on the Dream we wouldn't mind skipping (AP). But as new cruisers, we'd want to experience all three. Disney hypes their rotational restaurants- it isn't a hidden perk that few new cruisers know about.

Even being okay with missing one MDR can be problematic, though, as we really want to experience the other two, so the rotation would have to be just right for us to be satisfied.

All of this is why DCL has 3 MDRs. They sell so many 3-night cruises, which are very profitable to DCL in terms of the cost per night, that they need those guests to be happy.

This reminds me of in 2018 when they dropped the Golden Mickeys show on the Dream and just did two nights of Beauty and the Beast. I was annoyed as I was a first-time cruiser who had done a lot of dis-boarding and research before, but I'm willing to bet that 90%+ of first-time cruisers had no idea that there was even supposed to be an additional show. I think you may be giving too much credit to the amount of energy first-timers put into planning ;)

I wouldn't mind if we lose one night in an MDR to Cabanas. We've missed out on so much due to Covid-19, I'm just used to it now! To be honest, I am kind of excited at the idea of going somewhere that has social distancing and safety measures again--I live in Missouri, and if you've seen it in the news, people are partying like it's 1999 over here. Massive crowds everywhere; nobody wearing masks. We thought we'd be okay visiting my in-laws in "bubble" style this weekend for a swim at their backyard pool, since my in-laws had said they were staying-at-home, only to learn they've been making an exception to attend church with half of their small town. *sigh*

This reminds me of in 2018 when they dropped the Golden Mickeys show on the Dream and just did two nights of Beauty and the Beast. I was annoyed as I was a first-time cruiser who had done a lot of dis-boarding and research before, but I'm willing to bet that 90%+ of first-time cruisers had no idea that there was even supposed to be an additional show. I think you may be giving too much credit to the amount of energy first-timers put into planning ;)
The other day, I watched a vlog from Tim Tracker on their first Disney cruise, which was gifted to them by Disney. Their style is not to do research at all and experience everything as they come along with these type of gifts.
In the summary/review vlog they did afterwards, they mentioned that they had missed all the shows! And all I could think: How can you be a Disney vlogger and miss something that huge! :P

The thing with the DIS is, the majority are planners, that's why we are here exchanging thoughts and ideas. But we make up a very small percentage of people who visit Disney parks or cruise with Disney. The majority of the guests are not here, and there is a lot they do not know. Disney can send e-mails with information, but let's face it how many of the e-mails you receive from companies do you really read? ;-)

Oh, so I’m a little bummed to hear people actually hold loungers. I’m due my first cruise in Sep if it goes ahead but I thought people would be better behaved than that. So sad. Agree this policy should be reinforced

Oh, so I’m a little bummed to hear people actually hold loungers. I’m due my first cruise in Sep if it goes ahead but I thought people would be better behaved than that. So sad. Agree this policy should be reinforced
Yes, it's the same as people holding several empty seats in the theatre: against the rules yet happens every time. I've been in the Rainforest Room and had people leave their items on the heated tile loungers to save them, even while others were obviously waiting to use them. On Castaway Cay people will leave items on the few hammocks there, to try to hold them. It's all against the rules, but oh well.

I'm at the point where I wish DCL would sell dedicated lounge chairs like they do at their water parks. It would save a lot of frustration. Either that, or actually enforce the policy, which they are loath to do, because they don't want to anger a customer, and chair hogs are a pretty aggressive lot.

Last edited:

We did quiet a few cruises with Disney and so far I have not experienced a large number of people holding chairs. There are always some but the vast majority of cruisers is reasonable. It may also depend of your definition of holding a chair. I would not blame someone who is leaving his chair for a few minutes getting himself a Burger or other small eat. Talking about the theatre I did not see any people blocking big number of seats. What you can see is that if there is a family of say 4, 2 show up early and the others a few minutes later often bringing snacks or drinks. I would not mind that.

We did quiet a few cruises with Disney and so far I have not experienced a large number of people holding chairs. There are always some but the vast majority of cruisers is reasonable. It may also depend of your definition of holding a chair. I would not blame someone who is leaving his chair for a few minutes getting himself a Burger or other small eat. Talking about the theatre I did not see any people blocking big number of seats. What you can see is that if there is a family of say 4, 2 show up early and the others a few minutes later often bringing snacks or drinks. I would not mind that.
That's pretty much true. We've (many times) encountered loungers at the pools that have a book, or sunglasses, or a hat with no one around. After we manage to find a chair/lounger, I've watched and most of the time no one ever showed up for those "saved" chairs during the time we were there.

In the theater I, also, don't mind 2 people holding 4 seats (especially when mom shows up later with small child), but I've seen (and been yelled at) by people holding whole rows of seats with one or two people. That's not right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter