Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at POR in October 2014. We have 4 reservations between 13 family members. I called 407WDISNEY a few days ago and tried to "link" our reservations so our rooms are near each other (at least in the same building). In MyDisneyExperience all 13 of us are friends/family and can view each other's plans and reservations. However, the person on the phone said that she cannot do that for me and that I would have to call POR directly. She explained to me that I cannot request to be near someone if they have not requested to be near me. Is that correct? I am going to fax in my request a few days before we arrive, but I am reading on the threads that it should be done at initial booking first.

I can certainly see why they would not let random bookings be linked, but if you call and let them know all the reservation numbers, and the full addresses & phone numbers of all the lead guests, and the dates are together, I can't see why that would not be possible. I don't think MyDisneyExperience links have anything to do with it though.

Andre

We are staying at POR in October 2014. We have 4 reservations between 13 family members. I called 407WDISNEY a few days ago and tried to "link" our reservations so our rooms are near each other (at least in the same building). In MyDisneyExperience all 13 of us are friends/family and can view each other's plans and reservations. However, the person on the phone said that she cannot do that for me and that I would have to call POR directly. She explained to me that I cannot request to be near someone if they have not requested to be near me. Is that correct? I am going to fax in my request a few days before we arrive, but I am reading on the threads that it should be done at initial booking first.

We stayed last year with 3 reservations and 9 people. I was able to call and get the reservations linked (I did all of the planning, so I was the only person who called) Andre is right, though...I had to know name, address, and phone numbers of all of the lead guests on the reservations. However, they linked them, we were close, it was no problem. I would call back and get another CM. They also gave me a "travel with" number to reference from that point out.

We stayed at POP last year, so it could be different, but they were able to link our two POR reservations this year no problem. I don't see why they couldn't do 4.

Hi! We will be arriving at POR next Tuesday March 11th and unfortunately can only fit in one night at POR and are doing MK all day the 12th with our 2 boys aged 5 & 2. We are planning one coming back next year for the full week, but I couldn't resist disney for a day while we are in Florida! Such great memories as a kid! My questions are: we booked a standard room garden view...is it worth it to try to upgrade to a royal room for the night? Trying to give as much magic as I can! Also, should we take the shuttle the next morning to MK and then return at the end of the night by shuttle back to our car to leave? Or...should we drive to MK in the morning once we check out and park there? Finally, we have the quick serve meal plan...can we use the meal plan from when we check in Tuesday up until we leave the park Wednesday night or does it have to be used in between us checking in on Tuesday afternoon and checking out of POR in the morning? Any suggestions and help are much appreciated!!! We booked POR based on friend recommendations and are looking forward to it!!!! Can't wait until we can stay the week!!!

we booked a standard room garden view...is it worth it to try to upgrade to a royal room for the night?

I wouldn't. I don't think it would be worth the extra money when you won't be in the room at all.

should we take the shuttle the next morning to MK and then return at the end of the night by shuttle back to our car to leave? Or...should we drive to MK in the morning once we check out and park there?

I would drive to the park and save yourself the hassle of disney transportation.

Finally, we have the quick serve meal plan...can we use the meal plan from when we check in Tuesday up until we leave the park Wednesday night or does it have to be used in between us checking in on Tuesday afternoon and checking out of POR in the morning?

You can use it from when you check in until midnight of the night you check out.

This will be a hard one, I PMed you and we can see what we can do for you.

I would drive to the park and save yourself the hassle of disney transportation.

A lot of people who have cars feel that the MK is the exception to this though because the bus drops you off right at the gate, while driving means that you have to park at the TTC then take the monorail or the ferry to get to the gate.

Can anyone tell me your opinion on how much time I should leave to get to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios from POR for an 8:00am ADR? Is leaving at 7:00 too early/late? I want to allow enough time to get there, parked, in the park and to the ADR. Thanks! :)

A lot of people who have cars feel that the MK is the exception to this though because the bus drops you off right at the gate, while driving means that you have to park at the TTC then take the monorail or the ferry to get to the gate.

:thumbsup2

Hi! We will be arriving at POR next Tuesday March 11th and unfortunately can only fit in one night at POR and are doing MK all day the 12th with our 2 boys aged 5 & 2. We are planning one coming back next year for the full week, but I couldn't resist disney for a day while we are in Florida! Such great memories as a kid! My questions are: we booked a standard room garden view...is it worth it to try to upgrade to a royal room for the night? Trying to give as much magic as I can! Also, should we take the shuttle the next morning to MK and then return at the end of the night by shuttle back to our car to leave? Or...should we drive to MK in the morning once we check out and park there? Finally, we have the quick serve meal plan...can we use the meal plan from when we check in Tuesday up until we leave the park Wednesday night or does it have to be used in between us checking in on Tuesday afternoon and checking out of POR in the morning? Any suggestions and help are much appreciated!!! We booked POR based on friend recommendations and are looking forward to it!!!! Can't wait until we can stay the week!!!

I would get the RR for the one night then you could see if you would want to do the same for the whole week next year. Personally, I would drive to the MK. I don't think driving there is too bad, especially if you go early. It's a quick tram ride to the TTC and my kids love taking the monorail. I'm sure yours will too. We did just that on our trip a couple weeks ago. Once we were done at MK, we didn't have to go back to the resort. We were able to just make our way over to our hotel at Universal.

Can anyone tell me your opinion on how much time I should leave to get to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios from POR for an 8:00am ADR? Is leaving at 7:00 too early/late? I want to allow enough time to get there, parked, in the park and to the ADR. Thanks! :)

Since you're driving, allowing an hour should be plenty of time. Both Epcot & HS are pretty close but when you factor in waiting to go through the parking lot booth, parking, walking from your car (although with an early ADR you should get a close spot), getting into the park and making your way to the restaurant, the time could add up. Be sure to use the entrance for early ADRs.

I called yesterday to see if I could change rooms to the AB section. No rooms were available for our dates. :( I put in a request to be away from the construction work. Hope that works.

It's good to know ...too bad though...I have the memory maker package booked and all that was available was the royal room- I was hoping to request staying in the AB even though I paid the higher cost....oh well royal room it is

I would get the RR for the one night then you could see if you would want to do the same for the whole week next year. Personally, I would drive to the MK. I don't think driving there is too bad, especially if you go early. It's a quick tram ride to the TTC and my kids love taking the monorail. I'm sure yours will too. We did just that on our trip a couple weeks ago. Once we were done at MK, we didn't have to go back to the resort. We were able to just make our way over to our hotel at Universal.

Since you're driving, allowing an hour should be plenty of time. Both Epcot & HS are pretty close but when you factor in waiting to go through the parking lot booth, parking, walking from your car (although with an early ADR you should get a close spot), getting into the park and making your way to the restaurant, the time could add up. Be sure to use the entrance for early ADRs.

Great, thanks so much!!:thumbsup2

I know this was up at one point on here, but where is the construction work taking place at? I just made my request for magnolia terrace in May

An hour should be plenty of time. We have traveled to Tusker house in MK and Via Napoli from our resort and was able to do both in an hour easily.

You are going to love POR! We had a garden view last year and I recently switched from a pool view back to the garden for an extra night. My dd didn't want to stay in the royal room, but they look nice to me. Have a great time and I am sure next time it will be for a longer trip. :) We never want to leave now...

Hello, first timer here, I booked our vacation for Oct and chose Magnolia bend (standard room) bc it seems close to dining and a bus station. They have us at courtyard view, not sure where that is. Is this a good location? Will we be by any construction in Oct. Thank you.

We have arrived! We got to this lovely resort just before 7pm and learned that we could be upgraded to Wilderness Lodge!
So we accepted the upgrade! We were at POR for 10 min and really was beautiful but how could we turn down this magical experience?!?!!
Pixie dust? I believe !
Why the upgrade? Well, the CM at POR said it was in celebration of our 20th anniversary! The CM at WL said we were the third family to be upgraded from POR this evening because they were over booked. Eh, call it magic or call it a benefit of the system that overbooks ?!? I'll take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter