Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they have offered 20%, 30%, etc discounts it is off of the any room at that resort. So if they offer a 25% off of all Moderates you will get 25% off of a royal room. Is that what you were asking? Or did I misunderstand you?

No, you understood me. My kids really want to stay at the royal room, but I am hoping for a discount. Thank you!

We just came back from magical, yet somewhat wet por stay! I must say even though the weather the first 4 days were not ideal, it was great family vacation. The resort was absolutely awesome. The rr were beyond our expectations as were the grounds.

Question if anyone knows how you come about a bounce back offer? I think I could have talked Dh into a "do over" if we had gotten one

The bounceback offers are located in the "Be our Guest" book that you should have received with your room package folder when you checked in. These photos are from last year.

We just came back from magical, yet somewhat wet por stay! I must say even though the weather the first 4 days were not ideal, it was great family vacation. The resort was absolutely awesome. The rr were beyond our expectations as were the grounds. Question if anyone knows how you come about a bounce back offer? I think I could have talked Dh into a "do over" if we had gotten one

Last year I didn't get the book but there was a number to call to check for any BBO.
I'm staying in a RR in April. Can't wait.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Should we bring extra blankets? Or can we request them there? The new bedding looks awfully thin.

Quick question for all you pros out there.

Best way to get to the poly for breakfast. I read online somewhere that there is a "breakfast bus" that simply takes you to character meal that you can request at the front desk. Is this true? We will have our own car while at Disney, but hear if we want to keep it parked at the poly for the day we have to pay valet. Is this true as well? What do you suggest the best time for a breakfast at the poly, going to MK afterwards. TIA!!!!

Quick question for all you pros out there.

Best way to get to the poly for breakfast. I read online somewhere that there is a "breakfast bus" that simply takes you to character meal that you can request at the front desk. Is this true? We will have our own car while at Disney, but hear if we want to keep it parked at the poly for the day we have to pay valet. Is this true as well? What do you suggest the best time for a breakfast at the poly, going to MK afterwards. TIA!!!!

Since you'll have your own car, just drive and park at the TTC. It's an easy walk to the Poly from there, and then you can just take the monorail or ferry to MK when you're done. The "breakfast bus" refers to the early buses that start picking up at the resorts at 6:30 am (allowing people to make early ADRs), but those just go to the parks.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Should we bring extra blankets? Or can we request them there? The new bedding looks awfully thin.

Here now! The bedding isn't thin. We had a cold snap last week, went down to 45ish. Came back to our room, and mousekeeper left extra blankets!! We never had to ask!

We just came back from magical, yet somewhat wet por stay! I must say even though the weather the first 4 days were not ideal, it was great family vacation. The resort was absolutely awesome. The rr were beyond our expectations as were the grounds.

Question if anyone knows how you come about a bounce back offer? I think I could have talked Dh into a "do over" if we had gotten one

You must have arrived the same time we did! Thankfully it warmed up nicely after that!
As pictured, there is a blue booklet/folder that should be in the room. Ours didn't have it, so I had to phone housekeeping to request one.
You have to book a Bounce back before you check out.

Hi Dissers,

For those of you who've stayed at POR before, I'm wondering what little extras I should bring to make everything even more comfortable. We're two adults, so don't need kid-related suggestions :-)

I'm thinking things like - I read on one thread that there are no soap dishes, so I'll probably bring a pump bottle of liquid soap so we don't have a bar soap sitting on the counter.

All suggestions welcome!

Cheers
Rebekka

Morning venom!

I'm at the grand Floridian now for a tax conference. We move to POR tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Any advice on the best way to check out at GF, have bags transferred, and check into POR? Looking for the least time intensive option while also taking into account that we will be lugging 3 kids and a double stroller with us.

Any advice on the best way to check out at GF, have bags transferred, and check into POR? Looking for the least time intensive option while also taking into account that we will be lugging 3 kids and a double stroller with us.

Erm, not quite sure what advice you need... you've said what you need to do really.

Just check out from the GF (don't really even need to do that, you can use automatic checkout) and drop your bags off at Bell Services asking them to transfer them to you at POR (or you can get Bell Services to collect from your room if you like).

Then head off and play, and when you get to POR later in the day, check in and ask for your bags at the Bell Services desk (or again, get them brought straight up to your new room if you prefer).

Just make sure you allow a few hours for them to sort out the transfer (they will tell you the expected times).

Andre

Hi Dissers,

For those of you who've stayed at POR before, I'm wondering what little extras I should bring to make everything even more comfortable. We're two adults, so don't need kid-related suggestions :-)

I'm thinking things like - I read on one thread that there are no soap dishes, so I'll probably bring a pump bottle of liquid soap so we don't have a bar soap sitting on the counter.

All suggestions welcome!

Cheers
Rebekka

Depending on how many electronic devices you'll be bringing (iPods, phones, tablets, etc), a power strip could be helpful for recharging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter