Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for info Andre, will do that, Hated thinking I was taking a room someone needed

So POR still accepts a fax for a room request ? How far ahead do most of you fax your requests ? Ops sorry I just read the post above and is it 5 days ahead of time ?

Since I want us as close as possible to the foot bridge...I'm going to request Oak Manor (right?) Already have RR Gardenview booked (which way do those rooms face?) My daughter and I are doing the carriage ride around POR and may do one around POFQ also...haven't decided for sure. Also, what exactly are the beignets (sp?)?

Since I want us as close as possible to the foot bridge...I'm going to request Oak Manor (right?) Already have RR Gardenview booked (which way do those rooms face?) My daughter and I are doing the carriage ride around POR and may do one around POFQ also...haven't decided for sure. Also, what exactly are the beignets (sp?)?

Both are very close to the foot bridge. But you have to mention "Close as possible to the foot bridge to the main building" in the fax. Also either Oak Manor or Parterre buildings would be fine if you mention being as close as possible to foot bridge. Garden would mean anything other than parking lot views. But without direct views to water view aka pool or river view.

We are 6 days away ! We are checked in! and I just faxed over our requests. Hoping for a little extra pixie dust for my princesses. My oldest is so excited to be celebrating her birthday in Disney!! Heck, so am I :cool1::cool1:

Love all the wonderful tips! Thanks

Does anyone know if the bed rails you can request will fit on the murphy bed in the AB rooms? DS will be 26 months on our trip, and I wonder if he'll be more comfortable using that instead of a PnP. Both queen sized beds will be occupied.

When Disney offers fall discounts do they ever include the RR at POR?

When they have offered 20%, 30%, etc discounts it is off of the any room at that resort. So if they offer a 25% off of all Moderates you will get 25% off of a royal room. Is that what you were asking? Or did I misunderstand you?

Both are very close to the foot bridge. But you have to mention "Close as possible to the foot bridge to the main building" in the fax. Also either Oak Manor or Parterre buildings would be fine if you mention being as close as possible to foot bridge. Garden would mean anything other than parking lot views. But without direct views to water view aka pool or river view.
When is the right time to request for a Sept 7 arrival and what was the link to the fax form again?

We are here now!! POR is lovely and everything has been nice with only one not great thing happening. That's why I'm posting...I wanted to get opinions on if I should or shouldn't take this any further.

We came back today and our door had been left open by housekeeping it appears, all day. We called security and had them check the room before we entered. It was about 8, my kids were melting down so it meant we had to wait to get to our room, a manager came, etc..they apologized, nothing was missing. I'm not really upset just concerned that it happened. I'm not one to focus on the "could have beens" but this could have not ended well.

I don't know...should I say anything else? The manager really made light of it. Maybe I'm making too big a thing?

I don't know...should I say anything else? The manager really made light of it. Maybe I'm making too big a thing?

My door being left open all day would really bother me and it would bother me even more if the manager made light of it. :worried:

I would go down to the front desk and speak to someone else. Tell them your concerns. Get it out of your system so you can have a great day tomorrow. :thumbsup2

I think from the last post this may have been taken care of but if not I for sure would go to someone else. Mistakes happen but to have the manager make light of it no way! This is not how Disney does things. They and you are very lucky nothing was taken nor did anyone get hurt. This is a serious matter nothing to make light of. I hope you have been taken care of and you are now happy with the outcome.

We will be at POR on Tuesday the 11th. I want to have things (pullups / sippy cups, etc) delivered to the resort from Amazon. I was going to order today, so they would received it Friday. Will the result still hold the items for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter