Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't care for the AB side of POR. For me, its worth it to ensure we are on the mansion side.

Also, I think the attention to detail in those Royal Rooms is spectacular (Deluxe "light").

So yes, I think its worth it princess:

Well that didn't take much convincing. I went ahead and upgraded. The rooms look amazing!

Well...I need a room only for arrival night, so I've got a night at POR before switching to POFQ. Will they help me move my things, or do I need to load them back in the car before driving over there...LOL?

I am getting a little nervous. We are booked here in AB arriving Monday. The resort appears at FULL capacity. I am so glad that I have my van to drive because I am betting the buses will be full. Should I be concerned?

Are the laundry rooms located in the small green, non-clickable buildings (on the map) by the pools?

Well...I need a room only for arrival night, so I've got a night at POR before switching to POFQ. Will they help me move my things, or do I need to load them back in the car before driving over there...LOL?

Yes, they'll help you. Just call Bell Services before you leave your first room and they'll pick everything up for you and store it until you're ready to check in at FQ. Then they can bring all your stuff right up to your new room once you're there. Obviously you'll need to tip both of the CMs, so you could save a few dollars by doing it yourself if you prefer.

OK so I created a Room Request FAX Thread If anyone needs to discuss the room requesting we now have a place to keep that topic going at:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3116216

Thanks Venom. I'll probably have to create our new main FAQ thread this morning, so having a permanent fax thread will be easier than us trying to sync our timezones to get your template into the third post of the main thread. I'll link to your new thread.

Are the laundry rooms located in the small green, non-clickable buildings (on the map) by the pools?

Yup, that's right. There's one next to each quiet pool at POR (along with toilets, etc)

Andre

Well in the Sherman Brothers' words, "Now is the Time, Now is the Best Time" ... to start a new POR FAQ thread, as this one is just about to hit the DISboards limit of 250 pages. We made it in just over three months this time.

So if you'd like to form an orderly line, keep your hands and arms inside the forum at all time, and I'll see you over there at:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3116350

Andre

Well in the Sherman Brothers' words, "Now is the Time, Now is the Best Time" ... to start a new POR FAQ thread, as this one is just about to hit the DISboards limit of 250 pages. We made it in just over three months this time.

So if you'd like to form an orderly line, keep your hands and arms inside the forum at all time, and I'll see you over there at:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3116350

Andre

Ha that didnt take long for them to find it lol.

There aren't freezers in the room fridge but a friend of mine said they went to concierge and they actually stuck their ice packs in the freezer for them overnight. So if you don't mind going to pick them up that might be an option for you

Awesome! Good idea thanks so much

We just got back - great stay, room exactly what we requested! For some reason, POR is the only resort other than the FW cabins that I get a great night sleep in because they r so quiet:-) and other than these 2 resorts we have only stayed in deluxes & DVCs & I dont't seem to get good, sleep in them, strange (so why waste $$ on a deluxe LOL!)... anyway to answer your question, it depends on the room regarding the frig. When we got there our frig was barely cold and the back was frozen over. I called housekeeping and a CM was there to check it within 10 min. About 10 min later they came in with a brand spanking new refrigerator with a little mini freezer in it! Now this is not the norm but he said these are the replacement refrigerators they are using now. I put our ice packs in them and they froze pretty quickly;-)

Awesome thanks! Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get that room lmao

They can do that very quickly. Probably took them longer to reset the PIN (can't believe the online process is still losing that info!) than it would have to change the room, if the CM hadn't had an attitude about it.

Yes it was fairly quick. The funny thing is the room they were going to put us originally wasn't ready but the new room was.

I'm here!!!! Did on line check in and they upgraded me to a Royal Room in Magnolia Bend 2cnd floor! We got 1st trip pins & everyone has been amazing! I did fax a request for a top floor, told them a bit about myself but never expected such an upgrade!

First week of Sept we have an ADR at 1:30 at the rainforest cafe. We plan on first late morning swimming. I have heard the DTD buses are few to come by and slow??? We would prefer the boat. which is faster?? How much time to give for travel time??

First week of Sept we have an ADR at 1:30 at the rainforest cafe. We plan on first late morning swimming. I have heard the DTD buses are few to come by and slow??? We would prefer the boat. which is faster?? How much time to give for travel time??

Boat is probably faster as the buses take in a few stops en route. But there's not much in it.

Oh, and don't forget we're all over in a new thread now as this one is full: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3116350

Andre

Sorry, this FAQ thread is now at its 250 page limit (again!) and needs to be closed.

Please see the new updated version located HERE.

See you over there!

Andre

katemusical said:
Can anyone tell me if the Magnolia House Bldg has an elevator?

Magnolia Terrace and all the other mansions are three floors,so they all have elevators. They are centrally located in the building and may be/not be close to your room. At some locations, the stairs may be more convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter