Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can check-in as early as 7 am when the computers roll over and get your tickets, etc. Your room may not be ready. You can do online check-in, indicate you will be there early and they will give you the first available room. If you have requests, I would just wait and check-in there.

There is a late check-out, but housekeeping will have to approve it and you won't know until the morning of check-out; there is a fee for doing so and it is done based on availability.

We just checked out on Friday May 17 and requested a late checkout the night before, at about 10:40 pm. It was given cheerfully with no charge until 1pm the next day, and our key cards were deactivated at 1:20, so a little bit of grace time too.

I just got my room request fax typed up and printed out. What fax number do I send it to? The only one I see listed is here on the main page. Fax it to that one or another one?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

We are thinking of staying at PO Riverside in September before DH heads to Afghanistan. We will be with our three kids, DD17, DS14 and DS11, as well as our nephew and great-nephew (DN4--who will turn 5 on his first trip!).

My question is are the Royal Rooms very "girly"? I think they look neat, but with 3 boys in the group don't want them to be overwhelmed by "girliness"!

Or, if I just book a garden view room, can I request AB--would that be better for boys??

Would like to be near the main building and main pool, if possible.

Thanks!

It was *royal*. Purples, blues, golds. There are pictures of princesses. There are also pictures of princes. The faucets, etc, are "golden" like in a palace. There's also Aladdin theming, and some of the non-human-or-beast characters from Beauty and the Beast. It wasn't girly, unless you just can't handle pictures of princesses. :)

I just got my room request fax typed up and printed out. What fax number do I send it to? The only one I see listed is here on the main page. Fax it to that one or another one?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

If you look further down under "Can I request a particular location or room type?", the number given there is the same fax number given at the top of the first post. So...yep, that same number.

If you look further down under "Can I request a particular location or room type?", the number given there is the same fax number given at the top of the first post. So...yep, that same number.

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure! :thumbsup2

66 Days Till we check in for our honeymoon so excited. Now I just need to tell the DH to be

But do you need to tell him that you're both going on a vacation to Disney... or break it to him gently that he's soon going to be in a situation where your vacation has become a honeymoon? :rotfl:

Andre

Sent my fax - hope for the requests - but you know what! In four days I am going to be at Disney.....I could be sleeping on a park bench and I would be happy!:cool1:

Sent my fax - hope for the requests - but you know what! In four days I am going to be at Disney.....I could be sleeping on a park bench and I would be happy!:cool1:

Just sent mine too! Hoping for some pixie dust for both of us, but especially you! :) and I agree, we are going to be at Disney, so the rest is just bonus! 4 more sleeps for you, and 5 for me! Hope we get a chance to meet up!

Looking forward to being at POR in a few weeks!

I understand that I can make purchases in the Parks using my Key to the World card and the expenses will be put onto my room account. But when does the ability to charge purchases stop? If we check in on Sunday and check out on Thursday, does the ability to charge to the KTTW stop at 11 a.m. Thursday (normal check-out time)?? Earlier in the day?

Looking forward to being at POR in a few weeks!

I understand that I can make purchases in the Parks using my Key to the World card and the expenses will be put onto my room account. But when does the ability to charge purchases stop? If we check in on Sunday and check out on Thursday, does the ability to charge to the KTTW stop at 11 a.m. Thursday (normal check-out time)?? Earlier in the day?

11:59pm on Thursday.

Heading to POR in Sept. Have they converted to RFID... Now a little of topic, do most people put there card in a wallet or get one of those lanyard holders. I'm not sure if I want to were the lanyard all the time.. Thanks for any answers.:goodvibes

Soooo....today I paid off the balance on my package (woot woot). We are booked for a standard room, garden view. Out of curiousity I called and asked what the cost would be to upgrade to a Royal Room. I could get a Royal Room standard for $17-ish more per night (total over 8 nights of $134.98).

I'm sure my daughter (she'll be 5) would love the Royal Guest rooms. Do you think it would be worth the cost?

Soooo....today I paid off the balance on my package (woot woot). We are booked for a standard room, garden view. Out of curiousity I called and asked what the cost would be to upgrade to a Royal Room. I could get a Royal Room standard for $17-ish more per night (total over 8 nights of $134.98).

I'm sure my daughter (she'll be 5) would love the Royal Guest rooms. Do you think it would be worth the cost?

We don't care for the AB side of POR. For me, its worth it to ensure we are on the mansion side.

Also, I think the attention to detail in those Royal Rooms is spectacular (Deluxe "light").

So yes, I think its worth it princess:

Heading to POR in Sept. Have they converted to RFID... Now a little of topic, do most people put there card in a wallet or get one of those lanyard holders. I'm not sure if I want to were the lanyard all the time.. Thanks for any answers.:goodvibes

Im wondering the same sorta thing. Besides the envitable bag of waters/snacks ponchos etc. What else would be a good "on the body" thing to carry?

Only 32 days for me! WooHoo

We are a family of 5 so we will be in AB, there do not appear to be any preferred rooms available for our dates in September. If we book river view will that get us close to the main area? We stayed here for a few nights a year ago and were about as far away as you can get. We would like to get closer this time. Thanks!

Silly question but, does anyone mark their refillable mugs? I'm wondering if we head to the pool and there are a ton of the same mugs, how do we tell them apart? :) Also, will they replace them if you loose one or two?

Heading to POR in Sept. Have they converted to RFID... Now a little of topic, do most people put there card in a wallet or get one of those lanyard holders.

Yes, the keycards are RFID. I carry my card in my wallet with my credit cards, etc - but then I've never really got on with lanyards, they always get seem to tangled up with my camera straps.

I could get a Royal Room standard for $17-ish more per night (total over 8 nights of $134.98).

With a five-year old, it seems like a very good idea to me for such a small amount. The view might not be quite as pretty, but overall I'd say yes.

We are a family of 5 so we will be in AB, there do not appear to be any preferred rooms available for our dates in September. If we book river view will that get us close to the main area?

Yes, River View would get you pretty close to the main buildings. In AB, there are three buildings which have river views - 14, 27 and 38 - two of which are the same buildings that the preferred rooms are located in (and the River Views are even closer still to the main areas). And even with building 38, the river view rooms are only a fairly short walk over to the food court and main pool.

Silly question but, does anyone mark their refillable mugs?

Nope, but we also don't tend to leave them lying around. I would not think you'd officially get free replacements for any lost ones though (unless you had a particularly serious issue which caused them to get lost, or maybe a sympathetic cast member who pixie dusts you).

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter