Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

I'm curious about a room request question. We originally had a garden veiw first floor reserved for our early feb trip. Then I received a free dinning pin so decided to upgrade to a preferred room.
Is it ok to request a riverveiw in a preferred? We have to have first floor due to an evc but I was looking at pictures and video and thought a river veiw would be pretty and maybe a little more convienient for the evc.

Is it ok to request a riverveiw in a preferred?

I'm afraid all of the River View (and Pool View come to that) rooms are sold under that category, even the ones in buildings 14, 27, etc. The Preferred Location rooms are only the ones coloured yellow on my floorplans (see www.portorleans.org/images/buildingmaps/Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou.pdf) which generally have either parking lot or bayou views. You can ask of course, but it would technically be an upgrade.

Andre

andrewilley said:
I'm afraid all of the River View (and Pool View come to that) rooms are sold under that category, even the ones in buildings 14, 27, etc. The Preferred Location rooms are only the ones coloured yellow on my floorplans (see www.portorleans.org/images/buildingmaps/Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou.pdf) which generally have either parking lot or bayou views. You can ask of course, but it would technically be an upgrade.

Andre

Ahhhh ok :-) thank you of course it never hurts to ask but that was what I was unsure of. If there was an upcharge to request/pay for river veiw preferred.

I'm trying to decide on an upgrade to river view. We are currently going to be a royal room garden view in May, should I pay the extra $67 (I think that was the difference) and get the river view? Is it "worth" it? I know worth differs from person to person, but I'd like some input.

I'm trying to decide on an upgrade to river view. We are currently going to be a royal room garden view in May, should I pay the extra $67 (I think that was the difference) and get the river view? Is it "worth" it? I know worth differs from person to person, but I'd like some input.

Everyone's opinions differ. Myself, Garden Views have some pretty great views and not that much further from anything at the resort. Maybe a 30sec to a minute difference in location to Main Building. Id save 67$ and use it towards dining or souvenirs. JMO.

Thanks! I have looked through some pictures and I couldn't decide. I like hearing differing opinions. It helps me decide

Thanks! I have looked through some pictures and I couldn't decide. I like hearing differing opinions. It helps me decide

I absolutely loved our RR Riverview. It was so close to the river and the view out the window was beautiful. It was relaxing to be sitting at the table in the room, look out the window and see nothing but water.pixiedust:

In the evening we'd hear the clip clop of the horse going by on the nightly carriage rides. We enjoyed watching the boat to DTD go by as well as the guests who had rented personal watercraft. The view made our stay that much more special. But then we always book a waterview no matter what Disney resort we stay at. It's just something we like.

However, it can get a bit pricey. When we booked our RR Riverview, there was a special at the Yacht Club and we could have stayed there for an extra $30 per night over what we paid at POR. It all depends on how and where you want to spend your money! But, I vote for riverview!

We head down there on Thursday!!! SO excited!! We have tickets for the last MVMCP and then 4 days of nonstop commando style park touring!!!

Just faxed in my request for building 16. We were originally going to stay in the Royal Rooms (DH is deploying in a few weeks and we were trying to do something special and magical for the boys before he left) but the difference between the RR and the regular is about $260 so I downgraded. :worried: That is about the cost of the spending money for the two of them so it was just a better choice financially for us, though Momma really wanted the princess room! princess:

But I am hoping we get that building!! Thanks so much for this AMAZING thread and all the help contained in it!!!!:lovestruc

I faxed my request down on Tuesday for check in tomorrow at POR and never heard anything back...which I kinda expected but have read of others getting some type of communication back. Has me wondering if they did receive my fax. Oh well, we will see...Nervous and excited at the same time!!!

Hi all, we are staying at the POR on the 31st Jan. There are 5 of us, so we will be in AB, we have a standard room. Which building do you think would be best to request. I don't mind a bit of a walk but wouldn't want to be too far from a bus stop. TIA

Any help on this gratefully received

I faxed my request down on Tuesday for check in tomorrow at POR and never heard anything back...which I kinda expected but have read of others getting some type of communication back. Has me wondering if they did receive my fax. Oh well, we will see...Nervous and excited at the same time!!!

I included my email on my request fax and never received a response back, but at check-in they had it and all but one request (conflicted with the others I had listed as a higher priority) were met.

I included my email on my request fax and never received a response back, but at check-in they had it and all but one request (conflicted with the others I had listed as a higher priority) were met.

Well that's good to hear. I've just never seemed to have much luck with my faxed requests so just getting more anxious as we go.

Looking for some advice please. We check in next Sunday (December 29th). We booked a handicap accessible room. I want to request building 4 close to the bus stop since we have a family member who will be using a wheelchair. I did not fax my request yet. It is Friday and I am 9 days out. I know it was mentioned earlier to avoid sending a Monday morning fax. When should I try? Tomorrow is Saturday, Monday is 6 days out, Christmas Eve is 5 days out and Christmas is 4 days out. Since this is a holiday week, I wasn't sure the best time to fax. Thanks so much!!!!

Tomorrow is Saturday, Monday is 6 days out, Christmas Eve is 5 days out and Christmas is 4 days out. Since this is a holiday week, I wasn't sure the best time to fax. Thanks so much!!!!

Saturday morning would be fine. But if you're a bit late, try anyway, what have you got to lose? As I often say to people, it's not a science, don't overthink it.

Andre

Yikes, I need some help.

We've always been easy going and able bodied and happy to take whatever room we end up in. The one time we stayed at the French Quarter 7 years ago, we were in building 7 facing the parking lot, and didn't mind a bit.

Now, arriving Jan. 1, I'm stuck with surgery consults and pretty severe hip pain that has me on Vicodin right before Christmas and I know all that walking is going to take its toll. I'm thinking I should actually fax a request to be as close as possible to the bus this time around.

What's the best request to make for POFQ in these circumstances? Do I request a specific building? Would it be Building 4? Anything else to add to that?

And what's the best target date for sending the fax for our arrival Jan. 1 with the craziness of the holidays? I don't want to send it too early (we're 11 days out today).

Thanks for any help! :)

What's the best request to make for POFQ in these circumstances? Do I request a specific building? Would it be Building 4? Anything else to add to that?

And what's the best target date for sending the fax for our arrival Jan. 1 with the craziness of the holidays? I don't want to send it too early (we're 11 days out today).

I've always suggested explaining what you need any why (maybe using ground floor in building 4 as an example) as that gives them the opportunity to know that the end of building 5 next to the food court would actually be preferable for you to a room at the furthest end of building 4.

Time wise, Venomhatch suggests around 10 days, whereas I go for 3-5 days. However with the holiday period, sending it a few days earlier won't do any harm, especially for a medically-oriented request.

But it's not a science or an exam test - they don't throw away faxes because someone didn't send them on the "perfect" day.

Andre

I've always suggested explaining what you need any why (maybe using ground floor in building 4 as an example) as that gives them the opportunity to know that the end of building 5 next to the food court would actually be preferable for you to a room at the furthest end of building 4.

Time wise, Venomhatch suggests around 10 days, whereas I go for 3-5 days. However with the holiday period, sending it a few days earlier won't do any harm, especially for a medically-oriented request.

But it's not a science or an exam test - they don't throw away faxes because someone didn't send them on the "perfect" day.

Andre

Ah ah I have been saying 5-7 days. I used to say 10 but from my communication I was corrected to say 5-7 to be more accurate.

I agree we don't trash faxes.

I have a question, I already made my reservations. I don't think I'll be able to fax a request...can I just call Disney and ask them to make a note of room location?

Also, do you request microwaves ahead of time? or at check in???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter