Venomhatch

Cast Member, DisDads #708,
PortOrleansRiversideLogo.png
&
PortOrleansFrenchQuarterLogo.png

CaribbeanBeach_2088-640x385a_zps72294e23.jpg
\/
239490-main_Fulla_zpsa3019f04.jpg

Ok so some of you are going to POFQ others are visiting POR or maybe your visiting Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs.

A question that has risen a lot on the main Q&A Thread (Listed in the Links), is to how can I have a better shot at achieving a little extra Magic when it comes to my room location?

Well here is a thread to discuss just that.

First I start with the Links:
Andrewilley's Unofficial Site all about Port Orleans Resorts: www.portorleans.org

When are you going? Post it here:
(Please follow the posting template on the first page!)

POR and POFQ OFFICIAL DATE THREAD:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3080566

To Find the Q&A for either POR or POFQ then look in this same forum area for the latest threads by DISboards Resident expert on them andrewilley
Link to look up threads he created: http://www.disboards.com/search.php?searchid=38805351

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Cheat Sheet:

FAX TEMPLATE BELOW: (This template for fax can be used for both POR and POFQ)
OK here is a new revised Fax Template For those of you that may need it. This Fax below is just one way to word the fax and has a very good success rate at achieving a little extra magic when trying to achieve room requests. This may have some things you may need it may not. If you have Medical reasons add those to this. If your celebrating something let the CMs know! Every little bit helps generate you some extra pixie dust. Everything in BOLD and sized bigger are things to either draw attention to or you need to change to reflect your own info. If you have any other needs feel free to PM me and ask for assistance.

Also I have this in Microsoft Office Word format for easy editing, just ask!

Copy below this line-------\/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Attn: Room Assignment Team
Friday, February 15, 2013
Resort Confirmation# (????????)

Hello, and good day to you!

On (December ??), my Family and I will be visiting Walt Disney World at your Port Orleans Riverside resort. We would be most grateful if you could possibly accommodate a few requests for (?????) Building or near that. We have a paid ????? View Room as part of our reservation. The reason We have some simple requests, (??????????, ??????????, and possibly ??????????). So it would be very magical to receive any pixie dust if at all possible. It would be the most magical experience to achieve that for us. We understand that these are requests but if you can help us out to the best of your abilities we would be ever so grateful. We will be arriving at your resort very soon, and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our wonderful vacation more enjoyable and magical.

* Building requested ??????.
* Paid for ?????? View and ???????
* Must be Second Floor please we are very sensitive sleepers and would be easily woken by passing traffic.

Sincerely,

John and Jane Doe
Home Address: Optional
Home Phone: 407-936-5778 and Cell Phone: ???-???-????
Email: (?????????@yahoo.com)

Regardless to what is mentioned in this thread at any other point, Send your fax 5-7 days out from arrival date. ~Updated 7/25/2014

-----------------------------------------------------------------​

Addresses, Phone and Fax numbers I definitely know:

Resort: Disneys Port Orleans French Quarter
Address: 2201 Orleans Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, 32830-1000
Tel: (407) 934-5000
Fax: (407) 934-5777

Resort: Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
Address: 1251 Riverside Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, 32830-1000
Tel: (407) 934-6000
Fax: (407) 934-5777

Resort: Disneys Coronado Springs
Address: 1000 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000
Tel: (407) 939-1000
Fax: (407) 939-1001

Resort: Disneys Caribbean Beach
Address: 900 Cayman Way, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, 32830-1000
Tel: (407) 934-3400
Fax: (407) 934-2736

-----------------------------------------------------------------

***DISCLAIMER - Keep in mind that room requests are just that, requests. NOT promises set in stone. That aside the room assignment team will do what they can to show you as much magic as they can. So Please be patient with it. Not Ever Fax gets a confirmation email or fax back.

***DISCLAIMER 2 - I always tell guests they should change the fax as much as possible to reflect their visit. Not to use it to expect anything they should not deserve. Example of expecting upgrades for free or something they didn't pay for. My Fax is designed for the guest that need special requests originally like special cleaning requirements because of someones medical needs, or Someone traveling with another family and they want to be as close as possible to each other. So I do not condone the use to try to get free upgrades but hinting that your celebrating something and just would like to be in a certain area is what My room fax was intended for.

And most of all relax, your at Disney World!

***Tip #1 I suggest for the newley refurbed rooms is go to Target or Walmart, and buy one of these hanging closet organizers seen in the pic below. They have different sizes for even more shelves and use these to store your folded clothes in not the shelves. Take it from my advice would you want to put your clothes in drawers someone else put their underware and other stuff in? Plus you don't know if you had a situation like I did where something was crawling in our dresser drawers.

Here is what the organizers look like:
13051003_265x265.jpg

I typed my fax up last night using your fax template, modified it to fit my needs and sent it in earlier this afternoon. I'm hoping they decide to sprinkle us with a little extra pixie dust. pixiedust:

If not, it's not the end of the world and we will just be happy to be at WDW!:cool1:

Admittedly, I haven't been keeping up with the resort threads much, but are resorts now accepting fax requests again? Last I knew, with the way rooms are now assigned, faxes were being disregarded and the only way to make your request known was by calling ahead of time and having it added to your reservation. Has this changed back??

Also - is this only applicable to POR and POFQ? How about other resorts?

I typed my fax up last night using your fax template, modified it to fit my needs and sent it in earlier this afternoon. I'm hoping they decide to sprinkle us with a little extra pixie dust. pixiedust:

If not, it's not the end of the world and we will just be happy to be at WDW!:cool1:

It usually takes 24hrs to get something back. But if you are not asking for something crazy like lol, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Admittedly, I haven't been keeping up with the resort threads much, but are resorts now accepting fax requests again? Last I knew, with the way rooms are now assigned, faxes were being disregarded and the only way to make your request known was by calling ahead of time and having it added to your reservation. Has this changed back??

Also - is this only applicable to POR and POFQ? How about other resorts?

Well they are still receiving them and are actually reading them. As for other resorts you can change my template if you'd like to send to other resorts but as far as I know only Moderate Resorts accept them.

Take it from a CM some still do accept them and Port Orleans is definitely still accepting them.

It usually takes 24hrs to get something back. But if you are not asking for something crazy like lol, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Well, we got a new printer/scanner/fax machine combo at work. I thought I sent it earlier okay, but ended up getting a print page back saying that there was no answer. I tried again late tonight hoping that their fax machine wouldn't be busy, so we'll see. :confused3

I just called the resort myself to verify them receiving my fax. I spoke to 2 great CM's who able to confirm that they did receive my fax. Fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

I faxed on Monday of this week and we check in tonight! Will let everyone know how successful our fax is. Either way, we will be in WDW tonight!

Well they are still receiving them and are actually reading them. As for other resorts you can change my template if you'd like to send to other resorts but as far as I know only Moderate Resorts accept them.

Take it from a CM some still do accept them and Port Orleans is definitely still accepting them.

Thanks for the info. It definitely can't hurt to try.. we are staying at CSR. Any idea how far in advance requests should be faxed? Do you know where I can find fax numbers for other resorts? Thanks!

Thanks for the info. It definitely can't hurt to try.. we are staying at CSR. Any idea how far in advance requests should be faxed? Do you know where I can find fax numbers for other resorts? Thanks!

I say 7-10 Days ahead of arrival.

Address of the Coronado Springs Resort:
1000 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000
Telephone number: (407) 939-1000
Fax number: (407) 939-1001

visitingapril09 said:
Just wondering how many people hear ahead of time from reservations after they send their fax in?

Depends on how busy the resort is; I would not sweat it. The fact that people do or do not has no bearing on whether you get requests or not. Availibility does.

i say 7-10 days ahead of arrival.

Address of the coronado springs resort:
1000 west buena vista drive, lake buena vista, florida 32830-1000
telephone number: (407) 939-1000
fax number: (407) 939-1001

thank you!!!

We just arrived at POR tonight and received every request in our fax! Lots and lots of pixie dust! Thank you room assigner!

Just sent in my request! I hope I get my request fulfilled! I will update when we get there ! :goodvibes

Last November, I called and added the request to my reservation AND I faxed the request directly to the hotel a few days before check in. I only requested a specific building but I got it so I will continue to call and fax for future vacations.

OT slightly - but -

Do you think that the earlier we get to the resort to register - the better chance we have of receiving a request?

Is the printed fax BETTER than the personal earlier registration? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts