Port Adventures

steveyjc81

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

Can Port Adventures be prepaid? (or do you just have to credit your account with the amount equivalent to the port adventure)

Can they be cancelled, and if so, how long before cruise?

Thanks, Stevey

DCL does not force you to pre-pay your excursions. You can purchase onboard credit in the amount of the excursions (or whatever amount). I will often go to the Disney Store and reload a gift card with the amount of my booked excursion(s) and then use that to buy OBC.

They must be cancelled 72 hours before embarkation.

DCL does not force you to pre-pay your excursions. You can purchase onboard credit in the amount of the excursions (or whatever amount). I will often go to the Disney Store and reload a gift card with the amount of my booked excursion(s) and then use that to buy OBC.

They must be cancelled 72 hours before embarkation.
This is true is general, but there are exceptions. My wife and I went on the first Bermuda cruise this past October. One of our daughters and her family joined us for that cruise. We were paid in full and had booked some excursions, Palo and tastings, when my daughter decided that we should do a Private Pontoon Rental with Caption (https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...-bermuda-private-pontoon-rental-with-captain/). This excursion required payment at the time of making the reservation and was non-cancellable. $949 for up to 10 guests. As soon as it was booked, I was no longer PIF and could no longer do anything with our existing reservation until I gave our TA another Disney gift card to pay for the excursion.

This is true is general, but there are exceptions. My wife and I went on the first Bermuda cruise this past October. One of our daughters and her family joined us for that cruise. We were paid in full and had booked some excursions, Palo and tastings, when my daughter decided that we should do a Private Pontoon Rental with Caption (https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...-bermuda-private-pontoon-rental-with-captain/). This excursion required payment at the time of making the reservation and was non-cancellable. $949 for up to 10 guests. As soon as it was booked, I was no longer PIF and could no longer do anything with our existing reservation until I gave our TA another Disney gift card to pay for the excursion.

Ok, there are a few exceptions such as a private boat charter. Which makes sense because by booking that, you are committing to that boat captain/owner to do the excursion and preventing him from taking another charter that day. It would not be fair to him to wait until the last minute when someone could cancel and have him scrambling to find a charter for the day or make no money for the day.

But for the vast majority of excursions (the ones most of us are booking) where there is a group minimum set by DCL and the vendor, there is no pre-payment required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!