Port Adventura, where is this?

cforza

Mouseketeer
I know this park is in Spain, but does anyone know where in Spain it is or how I would get more information on it? The website is under construction so that's no help. We are trying to go to a different European country each year for summer vacation and my kids would love it if we could go to a theme park while we are there. (They get sick of cathedrals pretty quickly!) By the way, with the Euro as weak as it is now, you can go to EuroDisney for less than it would cost to go to WDW in Orlando!), assuming you are flying to FL. Just thought I would give people some food for thought, a fun family vacation AND culture! You can't beat that!

Port Aventura is just outside Barcelona (north east top end of Spain). It's very popular with British people holidaying in that area and although I've not been there personally I know people who've enjoyed a day or two there. Try this website as it has information on how to get there, tickets etc.

http://www.portaventura.es/

It's not a Universal Park but if you are looking for theme parks around Europe you might also be interested in Europa Park. This is in Germany. We went there a couple of years ago and it is very good. Its near Strasbourg.

http://strasbourg.com/europa-park/

Oct/Nov 1987 Travelodge Maingate East (WDW)
1991 Anaheim (DL)
1993 Camp Davey Crockett (DLP)
1995 Hotel Cheyenne (DLP)
1996 Sequoia Lodge (DLP)
Oct 1997 Esprit Villa(WDW)
Mar 2000 Esprit Villa(WDW)
Feb 2001 Esprit Villa(WDW)
Dec 2001/Jan 2002 Esprit Villa (WDW)

Thanks so much for the information! I love Barcelona so that seems like a great location. Do you know what the temperature is like in mid-march? (I would be planning for next years school break). I might consider going then instead of summer if it is warm enough. Thanks again for the info! :)

Port Aventura is in Salou. This is a very busy tourist town. We went last summer and spent quite alot of time at Port Aventura. We got a 15 day pass which was great value and visited for a couple of hours most days. It's a great park. The beach at Salou has lots of watersports and there is a big water park nearby. It's about an hours drive from Barcelona.

Tracy
Disneyland Paris Halloween 1999 & Christmas 2000
Off site Easter 2000 & Easter 2001

March would probably be quite cool. We often go to the Canary Islands in March which are quite far south of mainland Spain and the weather can be pretty variable there. I've only ever been to mainland Spain in August when its very hot. I think you'll be lucky if its warm enough for shirt sleeves and it'll probably be a bit cool for swimming.

I didn't realise Port Aventura was actually in Salou. We went near there on holday once but it was years ago before they built the park.

According to the website you can also get a fast train from Barcelona to the park.

There is also a much quieter tourist area just south of Salou around the Cambrils and Hospitalet area. There are a lot of campgrounds and family run hotels in this area which tends to attract more families. The beaches are also rather good.

Oct/Nov 1987 Travelodge Maingate East (WDW)
1991 Anaheim (DL)
1993 Camp Davey Crockett (DLP)
1995 Hotel Cheyenne (DLP)
1996 Sequoia Lodge (DLP)
Oct 1997 Esprit Villa(WDW)
Mar 2000 Esprit Villa(WDW)
Feb 2001 Esprit Villa(WDW)
Dec 2001/Jan 2002 Esprit Villa (WDW)

[This message was edited by athurstance on 03-08-01 at 05:59 AM.]

[This message was edited by athurstance on 03-08-01 at 06:00 AM.]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter