POR Transportation: A Problem

Karalea

DIS Veteran
The multiple bus stops at some of the moderates concern me especially POR since this is where I am considering switching my reservation too.

If you don't get on at the first stop, do you have any chance of getting a seat? Doesn't the bus usually fill up at the POFQ & then South Depot? I'm worried we will have long waits especially in the morning or have to walk to the other end of the resort to get on the bus at the first stop. Reassure me that the poor people trying to board at the North Depot aren't stranded waiting for a bus that's not already over capacity.

We will be there at the end of September-slower time of the year so maybe this won't be as big an issue as I am making it in my mind.

I was there las September and the buses were fine. They didn't fill up at all. Then again, POFQ was still under refurbishment.

I have been there in November, January and early February all slow times and have never had a problem with the busses.

And I've had rooms that have required us to use a different bus stop every time. We have always been able to get on and get a seat.

I just returned from POFQ and we always made the four stops at POR. The only time the bus was filled up was at park closing after fireworks returning back to the hotel. Never did the bus fill in the morning on the way to the park.

Hope you decide to stay at Port Orleans anyways. We really enjoyed our stay at POFQ, particularly because the bus transportation was so efficient. I think POFQ was the first stop for most of the busses (except MGM I think). Perhaps you could stay there instead?

We stayed at POR in Nov. 2002 and got on the bus at the third stop (4th if you consider POFQ the 1st stop). CBR was closed down for refurbishment at the time (that's where we were supposed to stay originally), so I would say that both POR and FQ were pretty full. We only had one problem with full busses. It was around 5 on a Sat. and we were planning on going back to MK for Spectro. It was the only night during our 4 night stay that they were having it. Apparently everyone else had the same idea because three busses came by full. We ended up taking a bus to Epcot instead and taking the monorail over to MK. (I know it probably would have been faster just to walk up to the first stop, but we really weren't thinking at that point!) Other than that we had no problem getting on a bus and we usually got a seat too. I would think given that Sept. is not too busy, you really wouldn't have any problems.

Thank you so much for your replies.

::grouphug:

That was my only concern about switching from Pop Century. Now I just have to decide if I want to try POR or POFQ!!!

Been to POR 2 times, once in January a few years ago, no problems with buses. This past week, buses were always full. One group waited at south depot for a number of buses before one came to fit everyone on. Buses were either filling at FQ or stopping at south depot last but at times very few people could fit on. Coming back to the parks at the end of the night is a different story, sometimes you have to wait for 6 or more buses and they usually do not sent more than 1 at a time.

Stayed at POR last October '03, and waited for the bus right outside the main entrance. In the morning we really didn't have much of a wait (maybe 5 mins), and the buses always had room to sit. Then again, I think POFQ was closed at this time. At night leaving the parks, which is always a different story, we did have to wait in line for a couple of buses, because lines were fairly long.

So, how will the busses be at POR for May 29- June 4? I'm especially concerned about getting to the parks for early entry each day.

I've been going back and forth between whether to keep our rental car for our entire stay or turn it in after we finish our off-site touring.

I've stayed at POR at modrate times and at VERY crowded times (like over the 4th of July holiday). We have never had a prbolem with the bus system. The only time we ever had to wait for a bus was when the parks closed after fireworks and sometimes at DTD. We never experienced having to wait because a bus was full coming from POFQ or the other POR stops. We did have a wait at TL once, but our driver said that all the resorts experiencethat duing the days because the bus has to go thru DTD stops as well as the TL stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter