Popcorn Buckets at Disney

Tera-Leigh

Earning My Ears
I was wondering …can I purchase a specialty popcorn bucket and use another years refillable bucket I bought for my refills if I show my receipt of my new popcorn bucket purchase? I don’t want to carry my Mickey popcorn bucket around cause it’s really bulky. I like carrying the cheaper bucket around cause that fits in my bag.

I was wondering …can I purchase a specialty popcorn bucket and use another years refillable bucket I bought for my refills if I show my receipt of my new popcorn bucket purchase? I don’t want to carry my Mickey popcorn bucket around cause it’s really bulky. I like carrying the cheaper bucket around cause that fits in my bag.
It shouldn't be a problem. I've used buckets from previous trips without any issues.

It shouldn't be a problem. I've used buckets from previous trips without any issues.
...:scratchin...didn't know that was even a 'THING'...but then again, I'm not much of a popcorn person, in the parks, that is....

...:scratchin...didn't know that was even a 'THING'...but then again, I'm not much of a popcorn person, in the parks, that is....
Technically, refillable buckets are only supposed to be used during the length of your trip. But I've taken older buckets to the parks and have never had a CM refuse to fill it. Unlike refillable mugs, where the refills are free, it currently costs $2 to refill a popcorn bucket. So Disney isn't really losing money refilling old buckets. :)

Technically, refillable buckets are only supposed to be used during the length of your trip. But I've taken older buckets to the parks and have never had a CM refuse to fill it. Unlike refillable mugs, where the refills are free, it currently costs $2 to refill a popcorn bucket. So Disney isn't really losing money refilling old buckets. :)
....I suppose it's worth it then....personally, I never eat popcorn at WDW - it makes me too thirsty....and too full for my ADRs....;)

How do they determine length of stay when staying offsite? Really wanting a Christmas themed bucket (I didn't buy one last year because we were only there 2 days but I wish I had, because it would have made a good Christmas decoration at home). How long into January do they sell/refill Christmas buckets?

How do they determine length of stay when staying offsite? Really wanting a Christmas themed bucket (I didn't buy one last year because we were only there 2 days but I wish I had, because it would have made a good Christmas decoration at home). How long into January do they sell/refill Christmas buckets?
"Length of stay" generally amounts to the number of days on your ticket. Basically, if you've entered the park using the same ticket you used when you bought your popcorn bucket, you're within your length of stay.

I don't really know how long into January they sell Christmas buckets. But even if you don't see one, you can always ask the CM at the popcorn cart if they have one available. They might be able to find one or tell you where else you can get it.

"Length of stay" generally amounts to the number of days on your ticket. Basically, if you've entered the park using the same ticket you used when you bought your popcorn bucket, you're within your length of stay.

I don't really know how long into January they sell Christmas buckets. But even if you don't see one, you can always ask the CM at the popcorn cart if they have one available. They might be able to find one or tell you where else you can get it.
Thanks for the info. I heard they sell them in Disney Springs, too, and we're staying offsite but only going to the park a couple days. I wasn't sure if was a 14-day rule like the mugs. They have some really cute popcorn buckets sometimes...I hope there is a good one while we are there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter