• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop or CBR? Ugh.. decisions!

DisneyLover75

DIS Veteran
Hi

I'm currently booked at Pop Century from 11/15 to 11/27. I have a preferred pool view room, so I know I'll be right in front of the Hippy Dippy Pool.

For $320 more, I could stay at CBR in a "standard view room."

Should I switch? I can't decide!

I had originally booked POR's RGR but then my fiance and I broke up, and without him to share expenses, I had to downgrade to Pop. I like Pop. Don't get me wrong. But I really was heartbroken about giving up the Royal Room. I made peace with it, and began to embrace Pop Century, but then I read a thread about someone finding room suddenly at one of the mods, and I went looking, and found CBR, and for such a small price difference, I came over here to ask for opinions.

I have a 9 y/o DD, who will be turning 10 when we're down there, and an 8 y/o boy who has autism. I'm a single mom.

Thoughts on where I should stay?

TIA :goodvibes

I'd probably stay with POP. If it was to a diff mod with queen beds I'd consider the upgrade. The only other thing that would make me say yes is if you plan on using the pool a good bit. If that's the case CBR has a nice pool and would make it worth it. CBR is really big and spread out and with a standard room you will be a good bit away from the main building and food court and such so take that into consideration too.

I'd go to CBR, it's a beautiful resort landscapping is beautiful. Sand beaches, love those hammocks. It's also quieter then the Values. Great main pool, and has quiet pools too. Rooms are larger, and has double sinks.

We had a great location in Jamaica close to the bridge over to main pool, food court, etc. It was also close to bus stop.
You could book a preferred location too.

If you are able to afford a preferred room at CBR which I think is 10.00 more a night I would go with CBR or request one of the buildings just across the bridge :thumbsup2 I have stayed at Pop and plan to stay at CBR this vacation. I just prefer the moderates , I just think we will really enjoy CBR with the landscaping, the beach, and the hot tubs. The moderates just seem more peaceful and less crowded.

I would switch to CBR or POR if you can afford the price difference. I say this mainly because of the crowd levels, especially the closer you get to Thanksgiving. Both of these resorts are very peaceful and quiet.
And you might want to look into a Guest Assistance Card for your son, if you haven't already. This site has a great thread that explains the GAC very well and I think it could help with all the over-stimulation and potential meltdowns that Disney can bring to a kiddo with autism.
Best of luck to you and I hope you guys have an amazing time!!

I didn't love CBR - much preferred POFQ :thumbsup2. We did visit POP for a quick dinner in their food court and I wished we were staying there instead of CBR. I didn't care for CBR"s room decor, main pool or food court.

Save the money!

Until CBR gets queen beds I would go with POP. Plus there you have a preferred room they may be important with your son.:)

we are in the same situation as well. We are coming back in 12/2013 and i am looking at pop, CBR, or possibly renting a time share at the old key west resort. Still up in the air on to do but I have plenty of time to plan.

Essentially you have to ask yourself if a better pool is worth the $320 increase. Both rooms have full/double beds, so no difference there. The pool at CBR is more fun. pirate themed with a slide and hot tub.

id honestly stick with pop. its such a fun resort. we love it there.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Hi

I'm currently booked at Pop Century from 11/15 to 11/27. I have a preferred pool view room, so I know I'll be right in front of the Hippy Dippy Pool.

For $320 more, I could stay at CBR in a "standard view room."

Should I switch? I can't decide!

I had originally booked POR's RGR but then my fiance and I broke up, and without him to share expenses, I had to downgrade to Pop. I like Pop. Don't get me wrong. But I really was heartbroken about giving up the Royal Room. I made peace with it, and began to embrace Pop Century, but then I read a thread about someone finding room suddenly at one of the mods, and I went looking, and found CBR, and for such a small price difference, I came over here to ask for opinions.

I have a 9 y/o DD, who will be turning 10 when we're down there, and an 8 y/o boy who has autism. I'm a single mom.

Thoughts on where I should stay?

TIA :goodvibes

Personally, if we had to choose between POP and CBR we'd choose POP every day of the week. We really enjoyed our stay at POP. We liked the rooms, the food court, the buses...it was just a really fun resort!!! While CBR was a pretty resort, we did not care for it at all and have no desire to return anytime soon. We did not like the layout, the bus service, the food court...CBR was our step to the moderates in our quest to try all WDW resorts, and unfortunately, it actually made us skip the rest of the mods (for now) and move on to the deluxes because we were so unimpressed with CBR.
Alot of people like it though, so happy choosing! :goodvibes

We've never stayed at POP, but we loved CBR. If the extra cost is doable, I would switch. The rooms are bigger, there are double vanity sinks, and the pool has a slide (which I'm sure your kids would love). CBR is a pretty large resort, but the surroundings are beautiful and the main pool just got a refurb and from the pics I've seen, it looks awesome (and it was a pretty cool pool when we stayed there prior to the new one). We also loved the transportation. CBR is centrally located that it never took more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD. There are 4 or 5 internal bus stops, but other than that, there is no sharing with any other resort. We really liked CBR and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks so much for the replies. I keep waivering. Ughhhhh I hate having to decide!

I've stayed at Pop but never at CBR. Trying out a new resort is appealing and I know my daughter said she wants to try CBR (probably just because it has "beach" in the title) however she doesn't know we're going.

I know she'll be happy no matter where I choose so I'm not overly worried about her. I'm just trying to figure out which way to go.

Oh and I don't think I could swing a preferred room. Besides the $300 jump from Pop to CBR, it said a preferred room would be an additional $337. So no chance.

However if I had a room near OPR with a view of the parking lot, I'd be fine with that.

I loved the theme of CBR but everything was so far apart and the bus system was awful. I would stay at Pop again any day over CBR. We never once used the main pool because it was just too nfar away from our room.

Thanks so much for the replies. I keep waivering. Ughhhhh I hate having to decide!

I've stayed at Pop but never at CBR. Trying out a new resort is appealing and I know my daughter said she wants to try CBR (probably just because it has "beach" in the title) however she doesn't know we're going.

I know she'll be happy no matter where I choose so I'm not overly worried about her. I'm just trying to figure out which way to go.

Oh and I don't think I could swing a preferred room. Besides the $300 jump from Pop to CBR, it said a preferred room would be an additional $337. So no chance.

However if I had a room near OPR with a view of the parking lot, I'd be fine with that.

We stayed in cbr in April and loved it! We have stayed in all the values including POP. I have no issue with values and we will stay in them again but cbr is a nicer resort than Pop. It is large and spread out but pop isn't exactly small. I think the times people on the dis post to get around this resort are greatly exaggerated. We stayed in the Trinidad south section which is the furthest section from the pool and food court and it was 7-10 minute walk maximum. Bus service was also fine (and it is covered which is nice). Our section was the last for pick up and they usually had called in other buses in the morning because we had no problem with me getting a seat (to hold our 2 year olds). There was a cm at the bus stop with a radio. Talking to her it seemed this was common in the morning. The resort also seemed less crowded although it was at capacity. It was calming and tranquil (the exact opposite of a value IMO).

The food court was standard food court fare. We didn't eat anything but dinner here so I can't comment much on it. The pool is fantastic. There is a kids area that is super but it is for the 48" and under crowd and it was enforced when we were there. Your children would probably think it was baby anyway. But the main pool is fantastic, zero entry, and has 2 slides. There are also quiet pools in each village and when we were there they were empty.

I loved the theme of CBR but everything was so far apart and the bus system was awful. I would stay at Pop again any day over CBR. We never once used the main pool because it was just too nfar away from our room.

That's how I felt/feel about CSR.

stayed at POP once....used the stay CBR...we didn't like POP,it was noisy and crowded,compared the larger ore spread out places. Both were fine, but my DH said no more Pop! The vibe at CBR is quieter,and more relaxed. Pop is vibrant,and noisy.which do you prefer? I personally hate the single bus stop at Pop (no cover there) which forms long lines,I like the multiple stops which are far less crowded,so the wait is more tolerable.....

I personally don't really care for CBR, with that said. I would rather spend the $320 on souvenirs! I can quickly do some damage in one store! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter