POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to say that I LOVE POP!!! We had a split stay back in March where we spent 3 days at POP and 5 at CBR. I went in thinking that I would love CBR and POP was just a place to stay until we checked into CBR....boy was I wrong!! I was sad when we checked into CBR...I wished we could of gone back to POP! I love the themes at POP, how everything is close and the choices for food was great!!! I was not impressed with CBR and will not be going back there. I'm headed back in January to run the marathon and right now POP is #1 on my list :)

Our families first three Disney trips were to the Pop. My kids refused to stay anywhere else at that time. That's how much they loved it! I haven't stayed there since 2007. Now my DD is in the Disney College Program and I am going to be staying at the Pop when I go on a solo trip Memorial Day weekend to visit her. So many great memories for our family. It will be a little bittersweet to think of DD and DS in their younger days and all of the fun we had at the Pop, but I can't wait to stay there again!

jb :)

Even though I'm not exactly where you are, I can relate in another way on the bittersweet aspect ... my DS is 20 and DD is 13 ... definitely don't need me as much as they used too! I hope your trip inclues those many happy memories along with some new ones. :goodvibes Have a fabulous time!!

Great initials BTW :thumbsup2
Janet B

I just wanted to say that I LOVE POP!!! We had a split stay back in March where we spent 3 days at POP and 5 at CBR. I went in thinking that I would love CBR and POP was just a place to stay until we checked into CBR....boy was I wrong!! I was sad when we checked into CBR...I wished we could of gone back to POP! I love the themes at POP, how everything is close and the choices for food was great!!! I was not impressed with CBR and will not be going back there. I'm headed back in January to run the marathon and right now POP is #1 on my list :)

:hippie: Lots of POP love around here mom2_3girls! :hippie: You'll fit right in!!

:yay: for the marathon in January, someday I hope to run it also!

This will be my first time staying at POP and I was wondering if someone had any advice for which room we should request. I'm thinking 4th floor for sure and I want to be kinda away from people (specificly noisy kids,lol) but not too too far from the main building. We have a standard room with a standard view (no lake views were available when I called, bummer). I know for sure I don't want to be too close to a pool because of the noise. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:goodvibes

I have changed resorts 5 times now, :confused3 but I am back where I started--POP. :cool1: Excited to stay there in December!! :santa:

Thanks for starting another POP thread Janet :goodvibes

We are going for our first stay at POP in August :yay: I enjoyed the last thread and have this one saved to my favorites. I'll read the POP thread more than I read the daily paper :lmao: I love hearing what's going on and getting excited with everyone anticipating their trips.

Looking forward to lots of reading popcorn::

Thanks Janet B for continuing this awesome thread! I love reading it every day!! I do have a question, it seems to me from looking at the map that all the king rooms are also connecting rooms, is that right? Thanks!!

Alright, Pop thread #6! Right on schedule Janet B.

I'm sure I'll be at Pop again someday...although those Little Mermaid rooms are opening across the way...

Subscribing of course to the busiest thread around!!! :goodvibes

I have changed resorts 5 times now, :confused3 but I am back where I started--POP. :cool1: Excited to stay there in December!! :santa:

We welcome all POPers here! Even full circle POPers!! :cool1:

Phew, made it- looking forward to our first POP stay in 40 days!

So glad you found us!! :goodvibes

Alright, Pop thread #6! Right on schedule Janet B.

I'm sure I'll be at Pop again someday...although those Little Mermaid rooms are opening across the way...

Subscribing of course to the busiest thread around!!! :goodvibes

:yay: Glad you found us! It's okay to think of the LM rooms, AoA is our neighbor, and we must be neighborly!! :upsidedow

Javarmy- A lakeview at pop is just a request. It is not the same as a poolview room and you don't pay extra for it. Just put it as a request on your reservation and they don't assign those rooms until a few days until check in so I don't know how they told you there were none left.
I requested 60s lakeview to be closer to things but 70s lakeview is also nice b/c it is quieter.

Has anyone done Southwest 24 hour check in at POP concierge?

This will be my first time staying at POP and I was wondering if someone had any advice for which room we should request. I'm thinking 4th floor for sure and I want to be kinda away from people (specificly noisy kids,lol) but not too too far from the main building. We have a standard room with a standard view (no lake views were available when I called, bummer). I know for sure I don't want to be too close to a pool because of the noise. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:goodvibes

Hi! With a standard room you can request a lake view (this is not a bookable category so not sure what the CM meant by the comment that no lake views were available).

We have stayed several times with a standard room, lake view, 4th floor and we love it!! It is very quiet, and in all our stays we also request (and have been given) the end room (by the stairwell). The ultimate in quietness! :)

Request lakeview, 4th floor, bldg 3 (50s), 4 or 5 (60s); these are fabulous rooms, you will have a great location, and you will be close to the Classic Hall/Busing. :thumbsup2

Thanks for starting another POP thread Janet :goodvibes

We are going for our first stay at POP in August :yay: I enjoyed the last thread and have this one saved to my favorites. I'll read the POP thread more than I read the daily paper :lmao: I love hearing what's going on and getting excited with everyone anticipating their trips.

Looking forward to lots of reading popcorn::

Thanks! Glad you made it over to the new thread! BTW we will be at POP in August as well! :woohoo: And very happy that we rank above the daily newspaper! :laughing: We're definitely more fun!! :hippie:

Javarmy- A lakeview at pop is just a request. It is not the same as a poolview room and you don't pay extra for it. Just put it as a request on your reservation and they don't assign those rooms until a few days until check in so I don't know how they told you there were none left.
I requested 60s lakeview to be closer to things but 70s lakeview is also nice b/c it is quieter.

Has anyone done Southwest 24 hour check in at POP concierge?

Hi! With a standard room you can request a lake view (this is not a bookable category so not sure what the CM meant by the comment that no lake views were available).

We have stayed several times with a standard room, lake view, 4th floor and we love it!! It is very quiet, and in all our stays we also request (and have been given) the end room (by the stairwell). The ultimate in quietness! :)

Request lakeview, 4th floor, bldg 3 (50s), 4 or 5 (60s); these are fabulous rooms, you will have a great location, and you will be close to the Classic Hall/Busing. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for all the help! I didn't think the lake view was a seperate catagory, but that is how the cm made it sound. Who knows, I may have gotten myself confused! Anyhow, I will be sure to ask for the lake view, and it is also a good idea to ask for the end room by the stairs (after all my ADR's I'll need to take them:rotfl2:) Thanks again!

Thanks Janet B for continuing this awesome thread! I love reading it every day!! I do have a question, it seems to me from looking at the map that all the king rooms are also connecting rooms, is that right? Thanks!!

:yay: so happy you came over! Yes, King rooms are also connecting rooms. :goodvibes

Thank you to all who post advice and information about POP. We just booked POP August 13-19.

This will be our second visit. Last time we stayed at ASMO and loved it. I wanted us to have a different experience this time. POP was recommended by many friends. So I'm hoping my children (ages 4 and 8) will love it too!

Keep the great advice coming!

Thank you to all who post advice and information about POP. We just booked POP August 13-19.

This will be our second visit. Last time we stayed at ASMO and loved it. I wanted us to have a different experience this time. POP was recommended by many friends. So I'm hoping my children (ages 4 and 8) will love it too!

Keep the great advice coming!

This will be our first PoP visit also. We stayed at ASMo last March. Really looking forward to it in 38 days. I'll try to come back and give you an ASMo vs. Pop rundown when I get back. I'm sure it will be a blast!:3dglasses

This will be our first PoP visit also. We stayed at ASMo last March. Really looking forward to it in 38 days. I'll try to come back and give you an ASMo vs. Pop rundown when I get back. I'm sure it will be a blast!:3dglasses

You are going to love Pop!

Gosh, away from the boards for less than 24 hours and there is a new FAQ thread! You do great work Janet.

For those folks asking about quiet areas, my experience has been that the lake view rooms have been the quietest. We were in Building 3, with a lake view, on the first floor earlier this month and it was wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter