POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew! These threads fly by fast! I just finished paying off our resort stay. :cheer2: Pop here we come! 19 more days for us. I'm getting so nervous to fly for the first time and alone with my DDs. :scared1:

We have only stayed at moderates with the family, but the girls looked and POP and wanted to give it a try. Besides not having queen beds, a sit down restaurant, and covered bus stops, what can we expect?

Our girls will be 9 and 10, and our visit will be in Oct.

Thanks!:flower3:

BTW, the new thread looks great! Thanks for the hard work you put into it.

What do you think is a better request? Which is easier to get?
Lakeview, 60s or
Lakeview, building 4, 5 or 3.

I just don't want to be near a parking lot or in the 80s or 90s.

Just POPping in to visit and subscribe to the new thread. A little over 3 months until we are back at POP, it can't get here soon enough.

Lakeview, 60s or

We have stayed at all levels and honestly we don't miss much except maybe the fridge which now that's not a issue. The pool slide would be great for the girls but we add the Wp&f option to our tickets so they don't really miss that either. Dh jokes that we don't even miss the extra foot of space from the moderates.. I know some say the rooms are tiny but if you actually look at the Sq footage between a moderate and value it really is like a foot each waY.

All three of those locations are our top picks. :)

Thanks so much for all the help! I didn't think the lake view was a seperate catagory, but that is how the cm made it sound. Who knows, I may have gotten myself confused! Anyhow, I will be sure to ask for the lake view, and it is also a good idea to ask for the end room by the stairs (after all my ADR's I'll need to take them:rotfl2:) Thanks again!

Besides the quiet, why do you think we ask for this location?? Same as you! :laughing:

Thank you to all who post advice and information about POP. We just booked POP August 13-19.

This will be our second visit. Last time we stayed at ASMO and loved it. I wanted us to have a different experience this time. POP was recommended by many friends. So I'm hoping my children (ages 4 and 8) will love it too!

Keep the great advice coming!

This will be our first PoP visit also. We stayed at ASMo last March. Really looking forward to it in 38 days. I'll try to come back and give you an ASMo vs. Pop rundown when I get back. I'm sure it will be a blast!:3dglasses

RalphinSC: Yes, would love to hear your review of POP! :goodvibes

DancingQueen & RalphinSC: Our first stay was at ASMU; we had a good time, stay in a preferred location, no complaints, however once we had our first stay at POP, we enjoyed it so much more and haven't looked back. For us the overall theming, the terrific CMs, the busing, the Food Court & Everything POP (we like the combined area), just makes it for us. :hippie:

Can't believe we are already on FAQ #6! Can't wait for the double digit dance!

Yes, time flies when we are having fun! :goodvibes Glad you found us!

Gosh, away from the boards for less than 24 hours and there is a new FAQ thread! You do great work Janet.

For those folks asking about quiet areas, my experience has been that the lake view rooms have been the quietest. We were in Building 3, with a lake view, on the first floor earlier this month and it was wonderful.

Hi Sandi, that will teach you to leave the boards for a day! :laughing: And our last trip we had bldg 3 too, second floor, end unit (VERY quiet!) Guess no one but us likes walking the stairs!

Wow! Love all the information and the willingness to help!!! Can't wait for our first stay at POP! :banana::banana:

We are a fun loving bunch here! ::yes::

Phew! These threads fly by fast! I just finished paying off our resort stay. :cheer2: Pop here we come! 19 more days for us. I'm getting so nervous to fly for the first time and alone with my DDs. :scared1:

:banana: for only 19 more days!! Understand perfectly about the flying part. With my DD, I'm able to get involved in what she's doing, either she wants me to listen to a song on an IPOD, she wants me to get the DVD out, or we talk about the trip. It helps tremendously. Plus, I asked the doctor for something to help me with my nerves and that helps a lot as well. As an alternative you can take a benedryl and it will make you tired. Good luck, you can do it!! :)

Just POPping in to visit and subscribe to the new thread. A little over 3 months until we are back at POP, it can't get here soon enough.

Thanks for POPing in!! We are a little over three months too, checking in 8/18. :cool1:

In the last thread MCoryB wrote

From what I've been reading, this may be a fairly new option, but I'd love to hear someone's experience (maybe with pics) with staying in a roll-in shower accessible room, which supposedly has 1 king bed AND 1 double bed. Nobody seems to believe this is possible, but Disney's certainly offering this type of room at the value resorts and some moderates as well.

MCoryB: I didn't see another answer so I'll chime in. I have stayed in a king/roll-in shower room (2 years ago?) and really enjoyed the shower. Of course the floor beyond the curtain does get wet but I like the elbow room that layout provides. (Note: I didn't request a roll-in shower but did request a king room.)

I don't see how there would be room for a double bed. I don't know that they haven't provided that but I don't see how or where, given the layout of the room. I may be wrong and would welcome other posts.

In other news ... I'm waiting for the 2013 rack rates to come out so I can book my January 2013 trip ... my first trip with my three grandsons. I can't wait to introduce them to WDW!!! 8 months and 9 days to go!:banana::banana::banana::cheer2::cheer2: :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Someone forgot to tell her friend her new thread was up :rolleyes1

JK :hug: YAY :cool1:

We have only stayed at moderates with the family, but the girls looked and POP and wanted to give it a try. Besides not having queen beds, a sit down restaurant, and covered bus stops, what can we expect?

You can expect a smaller room. Pop's rooms are 260 sq ft. CBR rooms are 340 sq ft, the other mods are 314 sq ft. You can expect no coffee maker or ceiling fan in the room and no hot tub or pool slide. There is a pool bar but no bar inside the main building.

:banana: for only 19 more days!! Understand perfectly about the flying part. With my DD, I'm able to get involved in what she's doing, either she wants me to listen to a song on an IPOD, she wants me to get the DVD out, or we talk about the trip. It helps tremendously. Plus, I asked the doctor for something to help me with my nerves and that helps a lot as well. As an alternative you can take a benedryl and it will make you tired. Good luck, you can do it!! :)
Yeah I do happen to already have an anti-anxiety on hand and benadryl. I won't take both. One or the other. Plus I'll keep some of the pre-dosed ones on hand for my girls if they need it, but I don't anticipate them needing any. They are more excited about it than anything. They don't have any of those adult nerves getting in the way :lol:. The new thread looks great!

Question: When I do our online check-in will I find out where we'll be staying?

Never have stayed at a moderate (but visited them). Besides the 3 things you mention, POP (as all the values) do not have pool slides or hot tubs. What POP does have is excellent bus service, and depending how you view such things, it is smaller/more compact than 3 of the 4 mods. CMs are some of the best, and the food court/everything POP is great. POP features nightly movies and offers games/activities by the feature pool. There is a twister board in the 70s for fun, plus hula hoops, and the shadow boxes in the lobby are a definitely must-see (especially for the adults). Overall it is a fun, energetic resort and your two girls should love it! :cool1:

Lakeview, 60s or

As Kelly stated, all those locations are great (and our picks as well). If you are asking for an opinion, I would request Lakeview, 60s or Bldg 3. Remember you can always ask for a different room location at check in if you are not happy with your assignment and the CM will do their best to accomodate you. :goodvibes

Someone forgot to tell her friend her new thread was up :rolleyes1

JK :hug: YAY :cool1:

Well .....your stuff was way more important!! And my cell phone died like I told you it would or I would have let you know! Anyway, so happy you are here! :woohoo:

Unfortunately, no, you don't find out your location if you use the online check-in. That process helps them get all your information set so that your room packet will be ready and waiting for you when you arrive.

Yeah I do happen to already have an anti-anxiety on hand and benadryl. I won't take both. One or the other. Plus I'll keep some of the pre-dosed ones on hand for my girls if they need it, but I don't anticipate them needing any. They are more excited about it than anything. They don't have any of those adult nerves getting in the way :lol:. The new thread looks great!

Oh, definitely don't mix both meds! And you're right, the girls won't need it, they will be too excited! Happy you like the new thread. :goodvibes For the on-line check in, you have the following choices (limit 2 requests):

-Request 70's
-Request lakeview
-Request 80's
-Request ground floor
-Request 60's
-Request 90's
-Request 50's
-Near Transportation

-Pack n Play

You won't know your actual room location until you check in (the possibilities will be narrowed down slightly if you booked a category other than standard, since pref and the 2 pool views are in certain areas/bldgs only). :)

cant wait until september im now home on sick leave for the second week so need something to look forward

Ok,Ok, theres been SO many room location questions recently that it's prompted me to ask about something different, yet SO important...FOOD!!!:goodvibes

Tell me some of your favorite meals/desserts/snax you've had at POP!!

As stated before my family of 6 will being staying at POP for the 1st time in August and we WILL be utilizing the food court for several meals.

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter