Pop Century Re-named & Re-themed????

Plus...the All-Stars are the resorts they fill up for special events at the WWS...such as AAU basketball, volleyball, Pop Warner, etc. I have a feeling that has something to do with the numbers. It's pretty easy to out do Pop when the resort gets maxed out due to special events.

he's had a website around for some years. I know he lives in New England, specifically New Hampshire. He does get out to WDW and DL every now and then. He claims to have "inside" information to most things related to Disney. He does his own article about once a week...and not usually on the theme parks. He does have some other writers as well. I would say Jim gained his 15 minutes of fame back in the save Disney days when they had the shareholder meeting and they kicked him out. He recently had the scoop on the night kingdom but as of yet that can't be verified. I personally have found the best site for the inside scoop is over at Al Lutz's site...who was originally with MousePlanet. He went off on his own I'd say about 6 years ago with Kevin Yee. He's set up a forum on his web site and there is much to look at there as well. There are a number of Disney related web sites but I would count a dozen or so as the ones that I frequent.

The all-Star resorts have 30 buildings (10 Sports, 10 Music and 10 Movies)

Pop Century "Classic years" has 10 buildings and takes up as much room as all the Allstars. It is the largest resort in the US.

The "Legendary Years" across the pond, as of yet is uncompleted and I can see them changing the theme of that one. It is the same size as "Classic Years" so if they do finish it, it will be a monster resort location.

But this is all pure speculation.

Pop Century is bigger than CBR?? even CSR??

I would really hate to see them do away with Pop as it is. I love looking at all the memorabilia from years past, so much of it my mom had or myself. This was the first resort we ever stayed at and we love it. They treated us so well when we were there in June. I would love to see them complete the other half and add some suites, though.

Suzanne

The cast member I was talking to, told me it was the biggest.

CBR is deceptive because of the pond in the middle.

yeah but CBR has 33 buildings versus the 10 that Pop has. It also has internal busses because its that large. I dont know, to me, it seems impossible that Pop comes close to CBRs size--or CSR, POR for that matter

yeah but CBR has 33 buildings versus the 10 that Pop has. It also has internal busses because its that large. I dont know, to me, it seems impossible that Pop comes close to CBRs size--or CSR, POR for that matter

I know Pop only has 10 buildings. When she said biggest, I took it to mean the land it is on. The acreage, not the number of rooms.

I know Pop only has 10 buildings. When she said biggest, I took it to mean the land it is on. The acreage, not the number of rooms.

Yeah I know, the 33 buildings I assume would take up more space. The only reason i'm interested in this, and I hate to turn this thread in anotehr direction is because i've stayed away from CBR because of its size, but I think Pop is a decent size so im curious if theres an actual square footage comparison out there lol the most I can find is comparing maps. I just can't see it, especially with DIS Unplugged, TGM and such always citing the reason they don't like CBR is due to its size

http://www.plan-a-magical-vacation.com/images/caribbean-beach-resort-map.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Disneygirl412/maps/PopCenturyMap.jpg

Click the image to see it bigger.

CBR left, Pop right

I'm such a satellite stalker. :)

Disney's Animation Inn and Suites would not be a rebranding of Pop Century. It would be the completion of the Legendary Years on the opposite side of Hourglass Lake. The idea of them ever doing 1900s-1940s was charming and endearing, but wholly impractical. The Animation Suites will finish the original construction and implement the anthology of Disney animation classics into the design. To redesign Pop Century as it exists would cost $75 million+ and mean the shutting down of the entire complex during said renovation. That is money Disney neither has nor has the capacity to lose in this economy.

No matter what the outcome, this filing is for a model room, and any construction is years away with completion even further down the road.
Pop Century as we know it is not going anywhere anytime soon.

You're right I love Pop Century! I went to Pop Century last year! I don't like the new name!

It always seems to be booked whenever we try to get a room there...and the all-stars are available at the same time...this makes no sense I absolutely love the pop's theming...much more than the other value resorts, and the food court is just awesome!

Pop Century has 2880 rooms.

CBR has 2112, POR has 2048, CSR has 1967, each All Star has 1920.

I find it very hard to believe that Pop has lower occupancy rates than the All Stars. But it would be great if they finished the other half of that resort, and an animation-themed half makes way more sense than the original idea, which was the legendary years.

I would really hate to see them do away with Pop as it is. I love looking at all the memorabilia from years past, so much of it my mom had or myself. This was the first resort we ever stayed at and we love it. They treated us so well when we were there in June. I would love to see them complete the other half and add some suites, though.

Suzanne

Exactly--and that's why I think the legendary years theme is a bad idea. We all like to look at the toys we had as kids, but there wouldn't be many guests to reminisce over the toys they had back in the early 1900's, lol. I think the animation theme would be much more popular, and I also like the idea of making at least some of the rooms suites. ASMu, as I understand it, was the least popular of the All Stars--until they added the suites. There is a real shortage of budget-friendly rooms for larger families. While I know you can get 2 regular value rooms for about the same price as a suite at ASMu, I think the real budget-saver with the suites is the kitchen, especially for families with 3 or more kids.

Exactly--and that's why I think the legendary years theme is a bad idea. We all like to look at the toys we had as kids, but there wouldn't be many guests to reminisce over the toys they had back in the early 1900's, lol. I think the animation theme would be much more popular, and I also like the idea of making at least some of the rooms suites. .

Really disagree with you. I find the pop theme incredibly tacky. I can remember when I was young and the things they have there are some of the things I saw about. But I dont care, it wasn't that long ago, I remember it! Some of those things are still around! Its like a giant materialism theme. I think the statement about toys in the 1900s sums it up, there is a lot more going on than favorite toys and consumerism that would be neat to see. The stars of the time, glamorous openings (of disney animated movies even!) Given Disney is selling so much already I dont need to see a theme based on it.

The legendary years seems like such a better idea and somewhere I'd actually like to see some of the stuff from a time I wasn't a part of. Disney itself goes back to that era in theme, not neon, tricycles etc. Most of the stuff they made icons at pop of are around still anyways. The theme might be well done and cool because its big, but its lazy and took little effort to create. 70s, giant 8 track! OH lets do a rubix cube! These are things any person could come up with in 5 - 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter