Poll: Your Plans for Galaxy's Edge

How will Galaxy's Edge opening affect your planning?

• We're just waiting for the opening date annoucement so we can be there Day 1!

Votes: 19 4.6%
  • We're planning an extra trip late 2019 or early 2020 and can't wait!

Votes: 82 19.7%
  • We're delaying our normal/planned trip this year in order to go after GE is open.

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • We're skipping 2020 and will plan a trip when the crazy quiets down again.

Votes: 108 25.9%
  • We're not changing our plans at all - que sera, sera.

Votes: 179 42.9%

• Total voters
We have been Christmas time before. Scheduled our trip Dec 18 -26 well aware that SWGE would most likely be open. We are good with that and we will deal with the crowds and plan the best we can. As a family we have always loved Star Wars so between the new land and Christmas in the world, it's a win win for us.:chewy::santa:

I chose we aren't changing our plans.

We already have a mid-December trip planned. We enjoyed basically no crowds by going for 10 days starting right after labor day this year. We have thought about repeating the September trip to avoid the crowds again (and not have to pay for my youngest who will turn 3 mid September), but we enjoy Christmas time at Disney and my Mom and Dad who will join us this time cannot handle the heat. We will go in with managed expectations about what we will be able to see and do. We have a few things working in our favor this trip in that my mom won't ride anything even moderately fast so we won't have to rider swap for my youngest. That plus the fact that she couldn't function without at least a 2 hour nap ate up a ton of time and was the reason we did a 10 day trip. We have the free dining bounce back and plan to spend time enjoying the rides we can with a good plan, nice meals, and the holiday festivities/decor.

We were already planning to skip 2020 in favor of a Panama Canal cruise for my 40th birthday. Then we plan to return in 2021 for the 50th celebration (not necessarily the day, just sometime during the festivities).

DH and I are doing the ABD DL Resort and S California in Aug. We booked it before they announced a June opening. We’re hoping the tour gives us some advantage as far as fast passes, etc. Either way, we’ll have a few park days without the kids (easier to navigate the crowds, wait in lines), and then a few more with the kids.

Also planning wdw in November, but that’s just what works with our schedules.

When the hotel opens, we’ll probably hold off going for a few months to let them work out initial kinks.
I just did the ABD trip back in December. They gave us two or three FPs for our first night, 6 FPs for the Disneyland day, 6 or 7 for the DCA day, and one for the last day. With the FPs the first and last day were good for any Fp ride except guardians. On the Disneyland day one was for Star tours and the others were good for any ride except guardians, and on the DCA day one was good for guardians, one for the three rides in cars land, and the remaining either 4 or 5 for any fp ride except guardians.

We already have 3 trips planned for this year.
1. Taking dd and her boyfriend in May
2. Dh and I going alone in September (F&W, MNSSHP)
3. Taking ds/dil/gd for her first WDW trip (she'll be 15 mo old) in December.

We had all of these trips planned before we really knew when SWGE would be open. We are all huge SW fans and my adult son is very eager for the December trip. I am very nervous about even thinking about attempting the crowds with a 15 month old. We plan on afternoon naps and resort relaxing midday just about every day. Unfortunately our 180 day mark will be before we probably know any specifics about opening day/ride FP/ADRs, etc. I've never felt so unprepared for a WDW trip before!

Planning for April/May 2020 - not sure the crowds will die down for a while considering all the new things and updates over the next few years. Hopefully they have figured a way to absorb the crowds well.
I´m also planning an April/May trip next year and hoping for the best. I like Star Wars but I´m not a huge fan, same with my family, so if it´s too crowded we may skip SWGE and ride whatever is ride-able that day :tongue:

We last went to WDW in the summer 2017. When the Galaxy's Edge announcement was made, and then the plans for the Guardians of the Galaxy ride, we decided to wait until 2021 for our next trip.

And yes, I am a Star Wars superfan.

We are huge SW fans. I am looking forward to watching the opening mayhem from afar. I think it's just going to be unprecedented crowds/demand.
Hoping that maybe late 2020 it has calmed down enough to go. But good chance we will wait until 2021.

We are going this September and I think crowds will be lower even than normal at that time as many people hold off until GE opens.

We will be there this fall 2019 before it opens so the plan is to save money during 2020 & plan a nice trip in 2021. Hopefully the craziness will have lessened by then but who knows.

We’re from the Uk and only able to visit every 2/3 years... we’re postponing a trip for this Autumn til next year to make sure Star Wars is open. We don’t wanna risk just missing it opening then spend the next 2 years having to wait to visit again!

Voted for not changing plans. Already had planned trip for Sept and Dec. But hoping it will be open.

November 2020. I promised my other half in 2013 I wouldn't go back to Disney until Star Wars opened, and I'm waiting an extra year because I want nothing to do with the immediate crowds. I still expect it to be crowded, but I'm still holding back a year.

Hey everyone! I chose "we're just waiting for the opening date..." because I have clearly lost my mind. I regret not being there on opening day for Pandor and Toy Story land so I'm hoping that I don't make the same mistake this time.

If we are able to go will depend on a lot of things. I'm really hoping that it's doable for us. I'm anxious to find out the date so I can at least see if we can make it work. Fall is a busy time for me (I'm a photographer). If we can't make it work with my schedule, then we may just wait until early 2020.

I have questions that I don't even know if they can be answered, so I'll just keep an eye out.

My DVC family members are skipping this summer for a lengthier stay in 2020 specifically for SWGE. I can't wait that long, so I've decided to go to Disneyland in December to experience SWGE there. It will have been open for five months and maybe, just maybe some of the local AP madness will have subsided slightly.....pshh, who am I kidding?

I don't get what the big deal is to be there on opening day?

How could I have more fun on opening day as opposed to be there 3 weeks alter it opens? I've never understood why I would care.

We're going at Christmas because that's when we planned to go. I'm assuming SWGE will be open and we will plan to enjoy it, but whether SWGE opens in October or March 2020 it wouldn't change our plans.

I don't get what the big deal is to be there on opening day?

How could I have more fun on opening day as opposed to be there 3 weeks alter it opens? I've never understood why I would care.

We're going at Christmas because that's when we planned to go. I'm assuming SWGE will be open and we will plan to enjoy it, but whether SWGE opens in October or March 2020 it wouldn't change our plans.
For me it's the level of excitement of being the opening day. Everyone going or at least the vast majority of people will be super fans, it's an electric feeling of community, of experiencing it together for the first time. It's also why I enjoy going to premieres of movies like marvel, star wars or harry potter, there's no feeling like it. I do understand that fandom comes in many levels

I'm planning on skipping WDW this fall, but I do plan on a 4 day Universal wknd sometime. Depending on how awesome Universal is, if we go back in 2020, we'll probably do a short 2day WDW trip and focus mostly on Epcot and DHS to see SWGE.

I'm just hoping there's not going to be a massive uptick in Universal visitors bleeding over from WDW if SWGE opens before we hit Universal this year. We normally try for the first few weeks of Nov.

I'm planning on skipping WDW this fall, but I do plan on a 4 day Universal wknd sometime. Depending on how awesome Universal is, if we go back in 2020, we'll probably do a short 2day WDW trip and focus mostly on Epcot and DHS to see SWGE.

I'm just hoping there's not going to be a massive uptick in Universal visitors bleeding over from WDW if SWGE opens before we hit Universal this year. We normally try for the first few weeks of Nov.
now that you mention it and as a side note. I am a Universal APholder and yesterday got a survey asking about my ap and my decision to renew from their 6 months free promotion. Anyways 2 of the questions were these....as you can see Universal is also thinking about SWGE and how it will impact their park
51515971_10218894913309630_7051179575144873984_n.jpg

51492380_10218894913709640_8319572581174738944_n.jpg

now that you mention it and as a side note. I am a Universal APholder and yesterday got a survey asking about my ap and my decision to renew from their 6 months free promotion. Anyways 2 of the questions were these....as you can see Universal is also thinking about SWGE and how it will impact their park
51515971_10218894913309630_7051179575144873984_n.jpg

51492380_10218894913709640_8319572581174738944_n.jpg
Ooo, ooo, ooo, I bet I can guess how you answered this survey!!! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter