Poll: Your Plans for Galaxy's Edge

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Info & Planning' started by PrincessWithABlaster, Dec 30, 2018.

?

How will Galaxy's Edge opening affect your planning?

1. We're just waiting for the opening date annoucement so we can be there Day 1!

14 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. We're planning an extra trip late 2019 or early 2020 and can't wait!

49 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. We're delaying our normal/planned trip this year in order to go after GE is open.

23 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. We're skipping 2020 and will plan a trip when the crazy quiets down again.

87 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. We're not changing our plans at all - que sera, sera.

121 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. kaybird

kaybird DIS Veteran

We did a bit of both, I guess. Thought we would do a later fall trip so that GE would possibly be open, then got caught up in the early Free Dining offer, so moved the planned trip up. All that does is give us an excuse to go again for Marathon week. What a shame.

2. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

You live locally, so I can see what your talking about.

But for planning a major vacation it just seems way easier to plan for a month after it's open. I do get what your talking about with movie premieres. Open night at a Star Wars or Avengers movie is definately a different mood in the theater.

rteetz and yulilin3 like this.
  3. Dallas_Lady

Dallas_Lady I only work for the vacation money

We are going this summer to avoid the rush and will probably not go again until 2022.

4. DisneyMom93

DisneyMom93 DisneyMom

I've only been once to one Marvel premiere and I sat next to a super fan and OMG. I'm not into sitting in a theatre with people whooping it up at scenes. I like to be able to hear the next line in a movie... lol.

5. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

I’m from the UK and will be at DL for the opening. We are currently AP holders at DL and have been once before. We will also hopefully be at WDW’s GE opening. I want to be there really badly for the opening day so I’m making it happen. I understand you are saying it may be easier to plan but I would regret not being there. I don’t want to have avoid all Disney related tweets, YouTube videos, coming on here etc because I wouldn’t want it ruined for myself.

We may also pay for the previews if there are any and plan our whole trip around that. Don’t get me wrong, it is stressing me out a little bit that we don’t have a date as the flight costs are going up and up but it isn’t putting me off. There is always the kool aid drinkers out there that will be there if they want to be :)

yulilin3 likes this.