Poll- Your Pet peeves

When I accidentally spill my water on the obnoxious adult talking through the movie. I hate it when that happens.

My pet peeve is the theatre popcorn. Its the folks who try and make the loudest crunching noises through the whole show - just distracts my attention. I had a child eating popcorn with their mouth open the entire show nearby.
Just my own pet peeve.

This is a problem for me in theaters anywhere. Maybe I am just WAAAAY hypersensitive to the sound of popcorn being chewed, but it drives me crazy.

Sadly for me, my kids LOVE movie theater popcorn. :)

What drives me crazy on DCL? People who don't yield the elevators to people who OBVIOUSLY need them. Wheelchairs, strollers, people with very small kids, etc. Yes, I know someone can need the elevator with an issue that I can't see, but I don't believe that THAT many people have these issues. My son loved riding the elevators, but we avoided them when there was a crowd.

This is a problem for me in theaters anywhere. Maybe I am just WAAAAY hypersensitive to the sound of popcorn being chewed, but it drives me crazy.

Sadly for me, my kids LOVE movie theater popcorn. :)

That is why I find the loudest theater I can. Sadly my wife fell asleep watch Big Hero 6 because it was too quite. I can understand that being its on a ship.

Non supervised kids at Cabanas grabbing food with their hands.

That is why I find the loudest theater I can. Sadly my wife fell asleep watch Big Hero 6 because it was too quite. I can understand that being its on a ship.

Non supervised kids at Cabanas grabbing food with their hands.

Thank you for reminding me why I don't typically utilize the buffet... :crazy2: :laughing: I've never seen this happen but I sure would be grossed out if I did.

Bigger terminal or better management at Port Canaveral for the Fantasy. We had a morning PAT time with a boarding #5, and the terminal was already packed. Majority of the people were in front of the entrance, so when they called your boarding number your squeezing past people who won't move. The peeve was that they didn't ask the people to keep the entrance clear. Other than that had a great cruise.

We have to admit, it's hard to be peevish on a Disney cruise, but here are mine!

1. Parents who shout and scream at poor little children all because the four year old dropped her pizza trying to manage it by herself to the table...those pizzas slide right off by themselves even if you're an adult...took everything I had not to intervene...he was so hot, I thought he would strike me, I instead tried to make the crying tot smile when he went back to scold the other daughter for not moving fast enough...leave your anger and hostility at home, please.

2. My daughters hated not being able to walk through the adult area b/c there was an elevator placed right in there right next to their room...having to walk to the other sets of elevators to get to pools they were allowed in, they would just see an elevator and hit the floor forgetting...then get scowled at...adult area should be an area set apart from main areas/elevators where adults 'go to'...or have signs in elevator saying it was adults only on that side...

3. Bratty kids in the pools pushing other children...enough already...I will come in and ask where your parents are...I'm getting old enough to not care for their ire more than I care for the poor kids getting shoved by a bully!

After the last cruise, I was ready to yell at a set of parents down the hall from us. We were in room 6019 on the Wonder so there were not many staterooms more forward than us but several times a day we would hear screaming kids running down the corridor repeatedly. I don't want to hear that on vacation and I don't think the other people around me did either. The one time I saw them actually running the parents were not even around watching them.

Parents, please parent while on vacation!

(This goes for the kids above us too, as there was another set we could hear running!)

-People talking and laughing loudly in sleeping corridors when most people would be sleeping (11pm-7am).

-People who do not dress properly for dinner or really any dress code in general that gets broken annoys me. If it says formal night, it means formal, not formal optional, not loafers and a polo...that is golf attire. I packed a gown and a tuxedo to eat in the MDR that night...if that is too much for you, eat somewhere else. If it says no swimwear...put on a darn coverup.

-Kids who squeeze infront of us to watch a show and then get up and come back a zillion times during the show. Sit down and stay put or watch from the back.

-Pool lounger reservers-If you are not actively using it...give it up! And I mean, if you are not on the pool deck. I cannot stand watching a family reserve 5-6 loungers and then walk away, only to return 4 or 5 hours later to hop in the pool. Someone could have used that lounger and left in that time. Rude, rude, rude. There is a local spa in our area that removes towels if the chair has been left unoccupied for more than 30 minutes.

Other pet peeves:

• People who crowd in front of everyone else in the food line at CC to demand their special "hypo allergenic" meals (yes, I'm talking to YOU, lady!)

If you mean because they have food allergies and need to avoid cross contamination, that is a lame excuse (for the person cutting). DCL makes special meals at CC for people with food allergies to avoid cross contamination. We have a daughter with food allergies, so we know first hand.

-

-People who do not dress properly for dinner or really any dress code in general that gets broken annoys me. If it says formal night, it means formal, not formal optional, not loafers and a polo...that is golf attire. I packed a gown and a tuxedo to eat in the MDR that night...if that is too much for you, eat somewhere else. If it says no swimwear...put on a darn coverup..

You are never going to get a room of Gowns and Tuxes. Wrong cruise line . You will see a few. We are on the NYE cruise and I will not be wearing a gown, don't own one and don't ever need one. Our clothes are probably more semi formal but that is ok. Doesn't bother me what people are wearing, polo shirts are better then a t-shirt.

I wish I could get a real clear honest answer on tipping in Palo and Remy. I have been told so many different "guidelines." Even the email from DCL on the subject was vague. I know it's so I will probably tip more, but I'd like to know what is the proper amount to make sure I am tipping correctly.

I also agree with many of the others about trying to get through the crowd in the terminal to get on the ship. DCL needs more seats. That might help?

I also agree with many of the others about trying to get through the crowd in the terminal to get on the ship. DCL needs more seats. That might help?

After sailing from Miami, I will never complain about PC again. Miami is just so crowded and it's such a narrow terminal that it's impossible to move when everyone crowds the boarding area.

I wish I could get a real clear honest answer on tipping in Palo and Remy. I have been told so many different "guidelines." Even the email from DCL on the subject was vague. I know it's so I will probably tip more, but I'd like to know what is the proper amount to make sure I am tipping correctly.

DCL's policy on tipping is what tipping used to be all about. Tip what you feel the service was worth to you. Just because one person likes to tip X amount, and another tips XXX amount, it doesn't mean that's what it is worth to you. There are many variables as to whether you feel you had "good" service, "adequate" service, or "outstanding" service. It's all based on your perception.

I doubt that additional seating would help. The people start crowding the boarding line as soon as boarding is announced. They are "just waiting" for their number, regardless if that family behind them has a lower number, many times they aren't going to give way to them.

You are never going to get a room of Gowns and Tuxes. Wrong cruise line . You will see a few. We are on the NYE cruise and I will not be wearing a gown, don't own one and don't ever need one. Our clothes are probably more semi formal but that is ok. Doesn't bother me what people are wearing, polo shirts are better then a t-shirt.

My husband bought a tuxedo in his 20's because we cruise and also travel for business often. I guess I just do not get how people can pay thousands of dollars for a cruise and then show up looking like they just rolled out of bed to a formal dinner with the excuse that they have no where to wear the formal clothes and yet they have a CC platinum lanyard. That's 10 opportunities right there! (unless they only did little 3 day turn around cruises) I personally feel that dressing according to the code is a form of respect, but clearly as this thread shows, there are lots and lots of things that different people find to be disrespectful, so we can't win.

My husband bought a tuxedo in his 20's because we cruise and also travel for business often. I guess I just do not get how people can pay thousands of dollars for a cruise and then show up looking like they just rolled out of bed to a formal dinner with the excuse that they have no where to wear the formal clothes and yet they have a CC platinum lanyard. That's 10 opportunities right there! (unless they only did little 3 day turn around cruises) I personally feel that dressing according to the code is a form of respect, but clearly as this thread shows, there are lots and lots of things that different people find to be disrespectful, so we can't win.

We are not dress up people AT ALL, but we can inexpensively find decent clothing for formal/semi-formal nights...got my husband's tux at a thrift store for $25 dollars, perfect fit! My son wears a suit, my daughter's dresses were $6 each at a local outlet...we may only wear them on a cruise, but it's really out of respect for the ship, the Captain, the fellow passengers, if we didn't wear formal, we'd eat elsewhere...we enjoy the time to dress up...

We are not dress up people AT ALL, but we can inexpensively find decent clothing for formal/semi-formal nights...got my husband's tux at a thrift store for $25 dollars, perfect fit! My son wears a suit, my daughter's dresses were $6 each at a local outlet...we may only wear them on a cruise, but it's really out of respect for the ship, the Captain, the fellow passengers, if we didn't wear formal, we'd eat elsewhere...we enjoy the time to dress up...

You sound like my kind of shopper. My formal dress I got at the Salvation Army store, with senior discount cost me $8.00. And I've worn it on at least 6 different cruises.

ok I will put it this way....I hate dressing up period. I wear the nice clothes for dinner and run back to the cabin to change. I am not the only one that does this or Disney wouldn't have changed their dress code. I used to dress up every dinner for my first 5 cruises , we are hitting 8 this one.

I try to pack light now that we have to pay for the bags on airlines too. So dressing causal is so nice. I wear only one outfit a day now and I am not a swimmer so don't spend all day in a swimsuit either. Of course if I was extra sweaty or dirty I would change out but most times not.

Only time my husband wore a tux was our wedding. Hard enough to get him to do semi formal.

2. My daughters hated not being able to walk through the adult area b/c there was an elevator placed right in there right next to their room...having to walk to the other sets of elevators to get to pools they were allowed in, they would just see an elevator and hit the floor forgetting...then get scowled at...adult area should be an area set apart from main areas/elevators where adults 'go to'...or have signs in elevator saying it was adults only on that side...

Kids can walk through.

They just can't use the area.

Adults glaring just don't know the rules are about staying in the area.

Disney did the design, and they messed up.

-People who do not dress properly for dinner or really any dress code in general that gets broken annoys me. If it says formal night, it means formal, not formal optional, not loafers and a polo...that is golf attire.

on Disney it IS optional, though.

If you want it to be non-optional, I hear that P&O means tuxes and gowns every night. Sounds like something you might like?

DCL's policy on tipping is what tipping used to be all about. Tip what you feel the service was worth to you. Just because one person likes to tip X amount, and another tips XXX amount, it doesn't mean that's what it is worth to you. There are many variables as to whether you feel you had "good" service, "adequate" service, or "outstanding" service. It's all based on your perception.

I agree SO much.

Kids can walk through.

They just can't use the area.

Adults glaring just don't know the rules are about staying in the area.

Disney did the design, and they messed up.

Really? They will be so happy to know this! They were told they were not allowed to walk through, it will relieve their conscience if they forget in the midst of their many travels..hopefully our room this next trip won't be right next to 'that' elevator :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter