Poll: What would you replace Hall of Presidents with?

What would you replace Hall of Presidents with?

• Muppets Great Moments in History

Votes: 82 23.1%
  • Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • A shorter version of Hamilton

Votes: 36 10.1%
  • Nothing - keep HoP as it is

Votes: 147 41.4%
  • Keep HoP but make some changes

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 21 5.9%

• Total voters
For me, when that curtain goes up and you see the stage with all the people who have ever served as president on stage at the same time I feel a lot of pride for our country. I may not agree with all of them but that is American History up on that stage in the form of the people who served as president. I love that moment. I hope if they change it they still keep some kind of big moment like that.

Last time I went pre-COVID there was an older gentleman working there was was a walking encyclopedia of prsidents. He would walk up to people and ask them where they were from and if they named a state with start going over facts about the presidents that came from that state. I didn't have any specific questions for him but while waiting for the show to start found a place to sit near where he was just to listen to all the facts and knowledge he had. He really seemed to love his job.

Modernize HoP! Using AI, make it possible for guests to select which historical president that will grant a 3-5 min. interview during which the president tells the guest about his administration and history. And UP IT to include the First Lady or Laddie whatever the case may be. OR combine Peter Pan and HoP into an Avatar-like experience of flying to the second star to the um better make it left. Pulls in flyers to Animal Kingdom.

Last time I went pre-COVID there was an older gentleman working there was was a walking encyclopedia of prsidents. He would walk up to people and ask them where they were from and if they named a state with start going over facts about the presidents that came from that state. I didn't have any specific questions for him but while waiting for the show to start found a place to sit near where he was just to listen to all the facts and knowledge he had. He really seemed to love his job.

Did you go recently pre-covid? I haven't seen him in several years and was wondering if he no longer was a CM. There was another CM like that over at the American Adventure (or maybe the same older gentleman?) and I had so much fun listening to them both.

Did you go recently pre-covid? I haven't seen him in several years and was wondering if he no longer was a CM. There was another CM like that over at the American Adventure (or maybe the same older gentleman?) and I had so much fun listening to them both.
The one from epcot has retired

I've always thought that attraction was extremely boring, so definitely get rid of it. I'd either bring back the Muppets and expand that show a bit, or replace it with something else entirely. (The Sleepy Hollow ideas are good. I'm having trouble thinking of other shows/movies that would be appropriate for that area.)

So has there been anything stated about closing HoP for refurb with the inauguration tomorrow? or could they do like they've done for some others before and just remove the speaking role of the outgoing president?

We now know the muppets announcement wasn't about HoP so makes me wonder what they are going to do tomorrrow.

So has there been anything stated about closing HoP for refurb with the inauguration tomorrow? or could they do like they've done for some others before and just remove the speaking role of the outgoing president?

We now know the muppets announcement wasn't about HoP so makes me wonder what they are going to do tomorrrow.
Nothing as of yet. Some believe it could just close without an opening announcement.

Nothing as of yet. Some believe it could just close without an opening announcement.

One thing on this one is it is the first time in many years they've had to potentially add an animatroonic after only 4 years (gotta go back to Bush Sr for the last time) and the last time they did just cut the current president section from the show for a new months. So I'm thinking they may just do that this time. Just having the presidents with no current president speaking should make it less divisive and there is an argument to be made to keep it that way (no speaking role to current president).

So I'm thinking cut the speaking role tomorrow and then see what happens in terms of need for security, etc. and then decide on fate of HoP. but just a guess.

We'll find out tomorrow or Thursday

I'm at HoP right now and talked to three cm.
No official word on what plor when or if anything is changing.
I pointed out that the current show has Trump taking the oath of office, the cm said that since he's not called out, by name, as the current president it could still continue to run this way as it's part of history (these were the cm words verbatim)
Btw the waiting room is full

And just watched it, haven't seen it in a couple of years and regardless of political beliefs it's just bad show to leave it as it Is.
Either close it or cut it before Trump takes the oath
Just my opinion

If cast hasn't been told anything then I doubt it's closing tomorrow so the best thing is to just cut the current president speech tonight. Go through the presidents and then move on.

I’d find a Hall OF Oats more entertaining than Hall AND Oates!! 🤣🤣🤣

I have to admit, I like American Adventure way more than HOP. As much as I like to see some of the “original” rides preserved, I do love me some Muppets......I vote to make HS into a total Star Wars park, change HOP to Great Moments, and somehow still keep Tower of Terror. They should be able to get all that done by the 50th, right?? 😝
I’d line up for a TOT and HOP crossover ride.

They could very well cut right before the speech by the current president tonight or tomorrow and just keep the other portion of the show running for a while.

They could very well cut right before the speech by the current president tonight or tomorrow and just keep the other portion of the show running for a while.
That’s what Martin has suggested will happen. Same show but 90 seconds shorter.

Probably do it tonight would be my guess. I know between Clinton and "W" they cut the speech. Trump is really the only one they closed right at inauguration.

• President Trump – closed January 17, 2017, reopened December 19, 2017
  • President Obama – closed October 31, 2008, reopened July 4, 2009
  • President George W. Bush – closed September 2001, reopened October 2001
  • President Clinton – closed September 1993, reopened October 1993
So I expect tomorrow morning there will not be a "sitting president" speech

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter