Poll: Should the little mermaid ride and/or actors be updated to reflect the new movie?

Poll: Should the little mermaid ride and/or actors be updated to reflect the new movie?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • No

Votes: 180 86.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait and see

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I'll come back to this in 2021

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Indifferent completely

Votes: 23 11.1%

• Total voters
If this were a true concern, this would've been done years ago with any other show that was popular that featured a remake of a disney cartoon character, such as the ones on Once Upon a Time. This is clearly not the path Disney is headed with rides, and it's obvious they intend to focus on the cartoon characters with their theming. I dont know why this movie in particular is such a huge focus when Disney is constantly reimagining characters. Has everyone forgotten that they made Rumplestiltskin as the Beast and Captain Hook as the crocodile in OUAT? Mulan also had a thing for Aurora. It's fiction, and they can write the stories however they please. They might as well give the beast in the HS show sparkly skin.

Last edited:
I didn't in any way say I had an issue with her skin color. I said their response to this was inappropriate. Considering they've come under criticism for not allowing a father to use spider man on his son's grave, and the fight that recently happened in the parks, and they haven't issued a response to either, I don't think this was the way to go about responding.

Yes they have responded about the Disneyland fight. The gravestone, that’s just the world we live in, it’s unfortunate, but not sure why you need a response from them about copyright 🤷‍♀️ ©

And I agree with them on their response to people who can’t get over the race of an actress. We disagree 🍻 cheers

May I say I’ve never gotten over the fact that they changed Cinderella’s beautiful iconic ball gown from white to blue for merchandising purposes, those heathens!

Can I complain about Frozen again? This seems like the right place but I don't want to hurt that poor horse any more. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter