Poll: Love it or Hate it?

The new itinerary shown in the picture...

• makes me thrilled. Show me where to sign up!

• makes me upset. I was booked and am jumping ship. So to speak.

• piques my curiousity. I hadn't been interested in the Galveston sailings before, but now am.

• Meh. Just not my cup of tea.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh. These ships move around so much it's hard to predict.

A'int that the truth!!!

I haven't been on here in a while and was confusing as to where which ship was going and when!

From what i understand here is how it is: (Please correct me if im wrong)

MAGIC: Summer 2012- NYC(Bahamas/NE), Rest of year- Galveston TX (WC)

WONDER: Fall/early winter- MR, Oct- Hawaii (one time), Dec- PC, Christmas and NYE- Caribb.

DREAM- 3-5 night Bahamas

FANTASY: 7 night caribbean (E and W Caribb.)

MAGIC- Jan-May: Galveston. May: TA Summer: Europe, dry dock. (no public sailing back to USA) Oct-Dec: Miami

WONDER: Jan-May: Miami (Bahamas/Caribb.), May: PC, Summer- Cali/Alaska. Sept: Repo to LA to repo back East. Rest of year: Galveston

DREAM and FANTASY: Same.

I still haven't figured out the new Galveston stuff so im not gonna even try that...

Yep, they do move, that's why I'm only assuming. Doesn't matter in the least. I'll catch a Disney ship from any port if it's going where I want to go.

No Galveston for me in 2012 or Spring 13 unless I throw in a 4 night. Sadly, the non school dates don't work :( that was the biggest bummer for me. All of that waiting for her to arrive..........

tajz90 said:
The Wonder is going the fall of 2013. I assume that she will stay in port for spring 2014. It's only an assumption.

I hope they release Spring 2014 out of Galveston, because we're planning on sailing the very start of January for our tenth anniversary (already listed in my countdown tickers.)

I am thrilled!!! I love CC and live in Texas, so it will be much easier and cheaper for me to drive to Galveston and sail to Florida. Plus I LOVE the idea of a day at Disney World included!!!!! I could not be happier :):cloud9::yay::woohoo:

I hope they release Spring 2014 out of Galveston, because we're planning on sailing the very start of January for our tenth anniversary (already listed in my countdown tickers.)

If they offer this itinerary for our school districts Spring Break in 2014 - we'll book it. We've done Jamaica, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman - but never Castaway Cay or Key West.

I live in Texas and am going on the oct 6 cruise and i think that I am going to book one of these

I'd be disappointed if I had to sail the 8 day route. Honestly, I don't think there is enough to do on the Wonder with 4 1/2 sea days especially for repeat cruisers. My kids are older so, I can only imagine we'd be a bit bored. Also, only 5 hours in Key West would be very disappointing to me. I really like that port and I've only been once but the lure of that place to me is the amazing sunset. We've been to WDW so many times that this would be nice but not a must do for us. However, I can see how this route could appeal to someone who has never cruised Disney before. Just think you have 4 chances of getting Palo for brunch. I would think the odds are in your favor. Happy sailing... P.S. I really feel for those that already booked their cruise and airfare. I completely understand how frustrated you must all be. I hope Disney does it right and make you all satisfied customers.

I was looking at this cruise and see it only shows through May of 2013..I was hoping for November..maybe things will shuffle around. I wish they had a standard brochure that told you exactly where each ship was and when. I'm a new cruiser and don't find the website easy to figure out how to see all the choices for each ship.

I was looking at this cruise and see it only shows through May of 2013..I was hoping for November..maybe things will shuffle around. I wish they had a standard brochure that told you exactly where each ship was and when. I'm a new cruiser and don't find the website easy to figure out how to see all the choices for each ship.

The Wonder will be down here in fall of 2013.
If you go to find a cruise and click on Galveston for where do you want to depart from, it shows the months available.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/reservations/booking

NancyIL said:
We already know DCL will sail out of Galveston from Sept. 2012 - May 2013, and Sept. - Dec. 2013. It won't be a surprise if it stays in Galveston from January-May 2014.

There were questions. I had assumed they would stay. This is just more toward it.

tajz90 said:
There were questions. I had assumed they would stay. This is just more toward it.

I, for one, am thrilled anytime there's more press. As this makes it more likely to sell and therefore more likely to continue.

luv2sleep said:
I must have missed something. This is the second reference to the Wonder being in Galveston. Has that been stated? Is the Wonder going to Galveston in 2014?

luv2sleep said:
Oh. These ships move around so much it's hard to predict.

jrm11697 said:
A'int that the truth!!!

I haven't been on here in a while and was confusing as to where which ship was going and when!

From what i understand here is how it is: (Please correct me if im wrong)

MAGIC: Summer 2012- NYC(Bahamas/NE), Rest of year- Galveston TX (WC)

WONDER: Fall/early winter- MR, Oct- Hawaii (one time), Dec- PC, Christmas and NYE- Caribb.

DREAM- 3-5 night Bahamas

FANTASY: 7 night caribbean (E and W Caribb.)

MAGIC- Jan-May: Galveston. May: TA Summer: Europe, dry dock. (no public sailing back to USA) Oct-Dec: Miami

WONDER: Jan-May: Miami (Bahamas/Caribb.), May: PC, Summer- Cali/Alaska. Sept: Repo to LA to repo back East. Rest of year: Galveston

DREAM and FANTASY: Same.

I still haven't figured out the new Galveston stuff so im not gonna even try that...

sissy_ib said:
Who was questioning it? It's been for sale on DCL's website for a few months now.

We were discussing it and I haven't looked, but I think it only has sailings thru 2013.

We were discussing it and I haven't looked, but I think it only has sailings thru 2013.

Yes, the Wonder will be back in 2013. That is two years. Winter 2012-2013 on the Magic and 2013-2014 on the Wonder. 2014 has not yet been released but it is a very safe bet the Wonder will be in Texas at least a few months, if not until May.

And that article says the Magic will be in Texas two years, which is clearly wrong.

sissy_ib said:
Yes, the Wonder will be back in 2013. That is two years. Winter 2012-2013 on the Magic and 2013-2014 on the Wonder. 2014 has not yet been released but it is a very safe bet the Wonder will be in Texas at least a few months, if not until May.

And that article says the Magic will be in Texas two years, which is clearly wrong.
:) thanks for pointing it out, I did read the mistake. :).

Am I not to post things? Please, I just shared an article. I wasn't the only one wondering.

:) thanks for pointing it out, I did read the mistake. :).

Am I not to post things? Please, I just shared an article. I wasn't the only one wondering.

Thank you for posting the article - although I didn't catch the Magic/Wonder error!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter