Poll: Love it or Hate it?

The new itinerary shown in the picture...

• makes me thrilled. Show me where to sign up!

• makes me upset. I was booked and am jumping ship. So to speak.

• piques my curiousity. I hadn't been interested in the Galveston sailings before, but now am.

• Meh. Just not my cup of tea.

Results are only viewable after voting.

cruisecrasher

Adventurer Mom
the new 8 night itinerary for the Spring 2013 Galveston sailings seems to have upset several vocal people, so I was trying to take the overall impression.
Based on this itinerary:
Itinerary.png

How do you react?

Maybe I misunderstood some of the comments. I thought some people had a 8 night itinerary and it was changed to 2 four night B2B cruises. That would really tick me off if I was in that boat..

Maybe I misunderstood some of the comments. I thought some people had a 8 night itinerary and it was changed to 2 four night B2B cruises. That would really tick me off if I was in that boat..

My understanding is they were offered the above if they didn't want to go to Disney, they were offered four night b2b instead.

I was going to book an 8 night because it worked with our schedule.

My kids will love this because they never want to get off the ship and asked for cruise with all sea days.
My husband will complain about it. He would rather have ports.

I love it! I wished this would have been offered on the 2012 sailings when I booked my Galveston cruise. Would love it even more if they did this in the summer.

It hasn't impacted any of my 2012 sailings out of Galveston, so I don't feel there's a poll answer for me. That being said, if I could get some sort of deal on one of the 8-Nighters out of Galveston in 2013, I'd take it for sure. Love lots of sea days. Love Castaway Cay & even though it rained most of our WDW port day stop on our 8-Nighter out of NYC back in June, we enjoyed that being a port. :thumbsup2

I don't like that itinerary. Plus I don't like how DCL just up and changed it. They could have released those itineraries for 2014.

I also feel like changing it after people were booked is bad business. I know it wasn't selling as well as they would have hoped, and sailing the same itinerary every week probably didnt help. But, they should have thought of that first imo. Sounds like a way for disney to profit even more. Bring people on their boat to cc (and make money off of people on drinks/excursions) and give them a disney ticket (and have them spend a bunch of money on food/souvies in their parks) oh yeah and a very short day in key west and lots of days on their boat to spend more money......

not to mention this is the itinerary that the Magic is practically doing right now out of NY??? I think they need to get more varied with their itinerary's even the Magic Mexican schedule was all places they have been sailing to for years .....

My understanding is they were offered the above if they didn't want to go to Disney, they were offered four night b2b instead.

Well that's the thing, what if the dates don't work for you? The first of the affected cruises is in January, just 5 months from now. Many people need to put in for vacation time months in advance and may not be able to change.

My 8 night was changed to two 4 nights. The only stop is Cozumel. We don't want that. Who would? So we would have to change everything to get an 8 night. An 8 night on an itinerary we don't want. If I wanted WDW and CC I would have booked a cruise out of Florida. Or on one of the Bahamas cruises out of NY. We are going with a 7 night in November if DH can get the time off work. Otherwise we are jumping to a different line. If this happens this will most likely be our last DCL cruise.

I think this is great. We were booked on the 8 night doing the same old west ports. Now we are going to CC. We love CC and will enjoy the day at WDW. We also like sea days so it is a win all of the way around for us.

This new itinerary actually appeals to me. I was not very interested in the Mexican Caribbean ports. However, I have never been to Key West, Castaway Cay or WDW and would love to do all 3. 2 sea days in a row is appealing too. I would definitely book this itinerary if the dates worked out. I hope they keep it around for 2014. I would book it. I just canceled a western Caribbean trip on the Fantasy and part of the reason is that I was not very interested in the ports. I wasn't motivated to spend all that money to fly from CA to FL to hop on this ship to go to those ports. The other part of the reason had to do with the timing in terms of finances in relation to my upcoming Hawaii cruise in October.

I would not do that itinerary. Trying to do WDW while in PC for less than a day is a waste of money IMNSHO. While we do like sea days, there are too many on this one for where you are going and what you are doing.

Just a question because I am not familiar with back to back cruises. Do u have to get off the ship & reboard? Even if not, would u have 2 bon voyage parties? 2 last night activities? It seems like that would be weird? Never have done it, just wondered.

Just a question because I am not familiar with back to back cruises. Do u have to get off the ship & reboard? Even if not, would u have 2 bon voyage parties? 2 last night activities? It seems like that would be weird? Never have done it, just wondered.

Yes you have to get off an re-board. And yes, of course all the activities are repeated. Remember there are only a few people doing the B2B. Most are just doing one cruise. You don't have to go to the different activities and shows twice.

If I was already booked and they changed my 8 night to a back to back 4 night, I'd be really upset, And I'd be upset if I had booked the 8 night specifically because I wanted to visit the original ports.

However, If I could find this cruise on the DCL website right now, I'd give it serious consideration. I'd love to see Key West and that does not seem possible on the larger ships. But I can't find it listed.

:grouphug:
If I was already booked and they changed my 8 night to a back to back 4 night, I'd be really upset, And I'd be upset if I had booked the 8 night specifically because I wanted to visit the original ports.

However, If I could find this cruise on the DCL website right now, I'd give it serious consideration. I'd love to see Key West and that does not seem possible on the larger ships. But I can't find it listed.

I had to call them up to get this booked as they have all the 2013 8 night cruises unbookable at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter