Poll: Love it or Hate it?

The new itinerary shown in the picture...

• makes me thrilled. Show me where to sign up!

• makes me upset. I was booked and am jumping ship. So to speak.

• piques my curiousity. I hadn't been interested in the Galveston sailings before, but now am.

• Meh. Just not my cup of tea.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like the itinerary. Right now we are booked to go to WDW for Spring Break 2013, if Disney had offered this 8 night itinerary for our Spring Break I would book it instead. However, our Spring break is scheduled for when DCL is offering the 6 night cruise. With the Wonder here in the fall of 2013 - maybe Spring Break 2014?? :D

I was not planning to go to Galveston due to location but i will say this.

I will assume (which i try not to do...we all know what that really means :)) that the 8 nt WC was not working so they changed them. It may have helped if they did different itineraries than in the past.

I dont know much about cruising, but just what I think. I'm probably way off though.

jrm11697 said:
I was not planning to go to Galveston due to location but i will say this.

I will assume (which i try not to do...we all know what that really means :)) that the 8 nt WC was not working so they changed them. It may have helped if they did different itineraries than in the past.

I dont know much about cruising, but just what I think. I'm probably way off though.

The podcast cruise said it wasn't selling particularly well. So I'd guess your assumption was correct

cruisecrasher said:
The podcast cruise said it wasn't selling particularly well. So I'd guess your assumption was correct

It's the same route the other cruises out of Galveston are sailing and selling for less. Plus, it's a Disney cruise and it's being offered during the school year. It's a bad time for most that aren't willing to take their kids out of school.

i much prefer the new itinerary to the old one!!
you couldn't pay me to go to mexico...and grand cayman isn't very interesting either..

disneyholic family said:
i much prefer the new itinerary to the old one!!
you couldn't pay me to go to mexico...and grand cayman isn't very interesting either..

I hope the offer the same for the Wonder out of Galveston.

luv2sleep said:
Just curious but why the Wonder? Does the ship matter?

The ship doesn't matter, but I already have 2 booked for next year and won't add another one on the Magic out of Galveston, but if the Wonder is sailing in Spring 2014 from Galveston, there's a strong possibility I will book :)

tajz90 said:
It's the same route the other cruises out of Galveston are sailing and selling for less. Plus, it's a Disney cruise and it's being offered during the school year. It's a bad time for most that aren't willing to take their kids out of school.

I think DCL was smart to now offer the 4-night cruises. I would never consider taking my kids out of school for a whole week for a cruise, but I would for only a few days. The 6 and 8 night cruises would sale like hot cakes of they were offered in the summer when school is out.

Chee Chick said:
I think DCL was smart to now offer the 4-night cruises. I would never consider taking my kids out of school for a whole week for a cruise, but I would for only a few days. The 6 and 8 night cruises would sale like hot cakes of they were offered in the summer when school is out.

I would think they would sell better. I'm not sure about the rest of the country and not even sure about most of Texas, but the area around me has very strict attendance policies. We might could get away with a couple of nights, but never a week without a doc excuse.

I would think they would sell better. I'm not sure about the rest of the country and not even sure about most of Texas, but the area around me has very strict attendance policies. We might could get away with a couple of nights, but never a week without a doc excuse.

The policies are strict, but they don't even come into play unless your child is absent a lot. I've pulled my DS out for at least a week a year from kindergarten to now, and he's a Junior. :) Have never heard a negative word about it.

We love vacationing when crowds are less, and I'd never in a million years be able to afford it when it's not off-peak times! The ships still sail full -- there are plenty of kids onboard even when we go, and plenty of people willing to sail then.

I voted "Makes me thrilled..." but I can't sign up because we leave in 49(!!!) days on the Magic!

Be that as it may...
I would love to do that itenerary, but I must admit, I, too, would be very upset, and very vocal, if I had already put down a deposit on a totally different set of ports. Especially the 4 night B2B to Cozumel!

I really hope they do the same itenerary when the Wonder comes in 2014! I also hope they come for at least a little bit of time during the summer. I am okay with taking the kids out of school ... for now. Once they are in Jr High I may will probably change my mind - just because the increased amount of work.

Gina said:
The policies are strict, but they don't even come into play unless your child is absent a lot. I've pulled my DS out for at least a week a year from kindergarten to now, and he's a Junior. :) Have never heard a negative word about it.

We love vacationing when crowds are less, and I'd never in a million years be able to afford it when it's not off-peak times! The ships still sail full -- there are plenty of kids onboard even when we go, and plenty of people willing to sail then.

That's not the case in our school. Without a doc excuse, it would be unexcused and unexcused equals 0 on all work missed.

And I was just saying what could be one of the reasons... And I would not take my child out for a Disney cruise.

tajz90 said:
That's not the case in our school. Without a doc excuse, it would be unexcused and unexcused equals 0 on all work missed.

And I was just saying what could be one of the reasons... And I would not take my child out for a Disney cruise.

Being able to take your kid out without penalty (turned over for truancy) is a big perk of private school in my area. The public schools can will and do.

I'm another Texan agreeing with the posters talking about our local public schools going after people who take their kids out of school without a doctor's note. A friend of mine's straight A student daughter was almost kicked out of school because she had to go to her father's wedding (out of the country.) She was legally required to attend, due to the conditions of the custody agreement, but the school did not care and gave her zeros for all days missed. She was not allowed to make up her work (nor allowed to take it with her, although she asked in advance.) Another friend was told she was going to be reported to CPS because she took her kindergartner out for a week to go to WDW. Seriously, it can be a real nightmare. Texas public schools around here get some of their funding based on attendance, so they are unbelievably intolerant. (This is part of why we send our kids to private school!)

As far as the new route goes, I love it and think it looks great. We're already booked for a November cruise, but we're not booking another until we've seen how we like cruising with Disney.

We love cruising out of Galveston and do so often. We are probably who Disney was hoping to target when they tried out this market. We'd never tried DCL, but we're frequent cruisers who pull our kids out of school to take vacations, we love Disney, and we have the funds to indulge our whims. What they miscalculated on initially is that we've done a route similar to their initial planned route many times. We're tired of Cozumel. We're almost as tired of Grand Cayman. Admittedly, we haven't been to Costa Maya, but only because we had to cancel the cruise we'd booked to it for various reasons. (The only way the route could have been less interesting to us is if it had been Jamaica instead of Costa Maya.) I like the new route. It is different, and if it had been available when we booked, we'd have booked it. We were curious enough to try DCL that we booked even the initially offered route, and were disappointed that we wouldn't get to see Castaway Cay. This is an improvement, in our minds.

Now, I admit, if I'd booked a route and they switched me to a cruise of a different length, I'd have been pretty unhappy. And if they'd switched me to 2 back to back 4 night cruises going only to Cozumel, I'd have been absolutely livid.

This new itinerary actually appeals to me. I was not very interested in the Mexican Caribbean ports. However, I have never been to Key West, Castaway Cay or WDW and would love to do all 3. 2 sea days in a row is appealing too. I would definitely book this itinerary if the dates worked out. I hope they keep it around for 2014. I would book it. I just canceled a western Caribbean trip on the Fantasy and part of the reason is that I was not very interested in the ports. I wasn't motivated to spend all that money to fly from CA to FL to hop on this ship to go to those ports. The other part of the reason had to do with the timing in terms of finances in relation to my upcoming Hawaii cruise in October.

Totally agree!

2boogersmom said:
I voted "Makes me thrilled..." but I can't sign up because we leave in 49(!!!) days on the Magic!

Be that as it may...
I would love to do that itenerary, but I must admit, I, too, would be very upset, and very vocal, if I had already put down a deposit on a totally different set of ports. Especially the 4 night B2B to Cozumel!

I really hope they do the same itenerary when the Wonder comes in 2014! I also hope they come for at least a little bit of time during the summer. I am okay with taking the kids out of school ... for now. Once they are in Jr High I may will probably change my mind - just because the increased amount of work.

I must have missed something. This is the second reference to the Wonder being in Galveston. Has that been stated? Is the Wonder going to Galveston in 2014?

luv2sleep said:
I must have missed something. This is the second reference to the Wonder being in Galveston. Has that been stated? Is the Wonder going to Galveston in 2014?

The Wonder is going the fall of 2013. I assume that she will stay in port for spring 2014. It's only an assumption.

tajz90 said:
The Wonder is going the fall of 2013. I assume that she will stay in port for spring 2014. It's only an assumption.

Oh. These ships move around so much it's hard to predict.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter