Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
I got off pretty light with my second dose of Shingrex compare to the first, which was hideous. I’m hoping it will be similar with this even if the first one is rough. I guess one never knows though.

I got both Shingrex doses last year and had absolutely no reaction to either. But the AZ? Holy crap. I had 24-36 hours of nausea, fatigue, lethargy, and headaches. It is, however, nice to know my immune system still works...

My mom (70) got hers (I believe Pfizer) at the beginning of April, next shot is for June she advises. She's in Hamilton, ON and not a hot spot area, however, she does have several issues that make her a high risk for symptoms (obese, diabetes, smoked for 40 years and has the lungs to show for it, etc.)

I have not got mine yet (36) but I am in a postal code denoted as a high risk hot spot by our PHU (Hamilton, L8N) so they are pushing the vaccines to +50 here right now. Apparently mobile clinics will be opening for the younger people in this area as well but I have no idea what the timelines are on that.

Sorry to read that they cancelled the second vaccination. Do you mind if I ask, did they give you a new second appointment date, or did they tell you to hang tight for further instruction? Just wondering what new timeline they were able to give to you. Thank-you.
I went Sunday and got Moderna. At that time I was told to expect August for second vaccine, but could be sooner depending on our supply. They can’t be more accurate, so many variables.

Due to certain health criteria and a specific recommendation from his doctor, DS (24) is scheduled for his first Moderna shot at her office on Friday. I wasn’t aware family docs had that kind of leeway but apparently they do. That will just leave me in our household but I’ve got an appointment for my first AZ at a WalMart clinic next Monday. :goodvibes

I just read on cbc.ca that NS has now opened bookings for the 60-64 age corhort for the PF and MD vaccines starting immediately. I assume it's because of the extra PF doses being sent to Canada. That means I am technically three age cohorts away from my shot (40-44) since the AZ is open for 55-64.

Now that they are lowering the age limit for AZ, I would hope that they prioritize the essential workers that are at one of the highest risk.

I wish they would make that very clear so that people who aren't at high risk (like myself and anyone who can work from home) don't inadvertently take a vaccine from someone who needs it now.

I saw a news article about a pharmacist who had to turn down essential workers begging him to vaccinate them because they are out there risking their lives. It's so heartbreaking.

Now that they are lowering the age limit for AZ, I would hope that they prioritize the essential workers that are at one of the highest risk.

I wish they would make that very clear so that people who aren't at high risk (like myself and anyone who can work from home) don't inadvertently take a vaccine from someone who needs it now.

I saw a news article about a pharmacist who had to turn down essential workers begging him to vaccinate them because they are out there risking their lives. It's so heartbreaking.
In our area those deemed priority have already had access to this vaccine and now the criteria is opening up. Nobody is taking someone else’s vaccine. I think it’s important that everyone eligible get their vaccines , and we’ve been determined eligible for this vaccine.

Last edited:
Just got my shot today around noon. Pfizer. Very impressed with the smoothness of the experience at the clinic. I was in and out in 20 minutes, including the 15 minute waiting period. I volunteered to do the post-vaccine survey. The more information we can get about all this, the better off we will all be.

In our area those deemed priority have already had access to this vaccine and now the criteria is opening up. Nobody is taking someone else’s vaccine. I think it’s important that everyone eligible get their vaccines , and we’ve been determined eligible for this vaccine.

I agree that it's important for everyone (at least a large percentage of the pop) to get vaccinated, but since there is still a shortage, I assumed they would prioritize the highest risk.

And before they lowered the age, news articles showed doctors asking for more vaccines in order to vaccinate the essential workers since that's what they see being admitted in the hospital. They suggested that they need to be prioritized...so I'm not sure they were enough Moderna/Pfizer to vaccinate them and AZ was not available for the younger than 55 essential workers up until now.

I want to get it asap, but it makes sense to me that the most vulnerable get it first. I'm eligible now but I'm not the most vulnerable.

I agree that it's important for everyone (at least a large percentage of the pop) to get vaccinated, but since there is still a shortage, I assumed they would prioritize the highest risk.

And before they lowered the age, news articles showed doctors asking for more vaccines in order to vaccinate the essential workers since that's what they see being admitted in the hospital. They suggested that they need to be prioritized...so I'm not sure they were enough Moderna/Pfizer to vaccinate them and AZ was not available for the younger than 55 essential workers up until now.

I want to get it asap, but it makes sense to me that the most vulnerable get it first. I'm eligible now but I'm not the most vulnerable.
My husband sits on the board for vaccine rollout in our community . His role is not medical but he’s privy to the meetings . We have enough vaccine for the priority groups in our area . Our teachers were the first teachers in Ontario to be prioritized. Our health care workers have had their first shots . My entire family are health care workers in different regions and encouraging all to get the shot the minute they are eligible . You are also not restricted by region and if another region has an appointment, encouraged to take it .

I work from home but have been self employed watching health care workers kids for the duration. I qualify now by age , and I will be getting my shot . I think it’s dangerous to start suggesting one group is taking a vaccine from someone more eligible . They are wanting these vaccines to go into work places like Amazon to stop those outbreaks . I agree . Prioritize those groups but is the answer is to suggest we all ignore our turn in case there might be a group that doesn’t have it ? Instead , demand that group has it . The people that determine eligibility have given the go ahead based on medical opinion .

I'm one of the lucky ones included in the new age for the Astrazeneca vaccine. They announced the age going to 40 yesterday. I'm not 40 yet but turn 40 this year so I signed up for every waitlist I could get on and by 3:30 I got contacted and was able to make my appointment for tomorrow. I'm really excited. Because I wasn't picky I'm actually getting mine before my dad who booked his appointment last week but couldn't get in until May 11th.

I'm one of the lucky ones included in the new age for the Astrazeneca vaccine. They announced the age going to 40 yesterday. I'm not 40 yet but turn 40 this year so I signed up for every waitlist I could get on and by 3:30 I got contacted and was able to make my appointment for tomorrow. I'm really excited. Because I wasn't picky I'm actually getting mine before my dad who booked his appointment last week but couldn't get in until May 11th.

Can I ask where you were able to make an appointment?

My husband sits on the board for vaccine rollout in our community . His role is not medical but he’s privy to the meetings . We have enough vaccine for the priority groups in our area . Our teachers were the first teachers in Ontario to be prioritized. Our health care workers have had their first shots . My entire family are health care workers in different regions and encouraging all to get the shot the minute they are eligible . You are also not restricted by region and if another region has an appointment, encouraged to take it .

I work from home but have been self employed watching health care workers kids for the duration. I qualify now by age , and I will be getting my shot . I think it’s dangerous to start suggesting one group is taking a vaccine from someone more eligible . They are wanting these vaccines to go into work places like Amazon to stop those outbreaks . I agree . Prioritize those groups but is the answer is to suggest we all ignore our turn in case there might be a group that doesn’t have it ? Instead , demand that group has it . The people that determine eligibility have given the go ahead based on medical opinion .

That's wonderful that your community has a very successful vaccine distribution. I'm not privy to what is going on in mine, but I know a few neighbours (can't work from home) who are still waiting...hopefully, they're not waiting anymore. They had suggested that AZ should be given to essential workers 18+ and would alleviate some anxiety if they had opened it up directly to the essential workforce.

I'm not suggesting that one group is taking the vaccine from anyone. I said I would feel like I am taking it from someone who is more at risk.

I'm glad your husband sits on the board, but I don't have that benefit which is why I'm concerned that it's being opened to people like myself who can work from home. I've been told that I worry about every aspect too much and should just worry about getting the vaccine for my family. It just seems prudent for the province to make sure everyone who needs it now, gets it to alleviate the stress in the hospital.

I will fill out the online form with my local pharmacy and wait for my time to book.

Thanks for sharing your insights.

That's wonderful that your community has a very successful vaccine distribution. I'm not privy to what is going on in mine, but I know a few neighbours (can't work from home) who are still waiting...hopefully, they're not waiting anymore. They had suggested that AZ should be given to essential workers 18+ and would alleviate some anxiety if they had opened it up directly to the essential workforce.

I'm not suggesting that one group is taking the vaccine from anyone. I said I would feel like I am taking it from someone who is more at risk.

I'm glad your husband sits on the board, but I don't have that benefit which is why I'm concerned that it's being opened to people like myself who can work from home. I've been told that I worry about every aspect too much and should just worry about getting the vaccine for my family. It just seems prudent for the province to make sure everyone who needs it now, gets it to alleviate the stress in the hospital.

I will fill out the online form with my local pharmacy and wait for my time to book.

Thanks for sharing your insights.
The government encourages that everyone who is eligible get a vaccine when they are able to get it. Essential workers have been on the eligible list for awhile. I have a spouse who works outside of the house, children who go to doctors appointments and we all do our essential shopping. Everytime I step foot out the door (I'm in a hotspot) I'm also at risk. I'm getting my vaccine because I have every right to get it as soon as my turn has come. I've waited my turn just as everyone else in my catagory has to. My friends in BC in the same catagory as me received their first vaccine a month ago. There is no reason for anyone not to sign up if they are eligible, able and willing to get the vaccine and nobody should be discouraged from doing so.

The government encourages that everyone who is eligible get a vaccine when they are able to get it. Essential workers have been on the eligible list for awhile. I have a spouse who works outside of the house, children who go to doctors appointments and we all do our essential shopping. Everytime I step foot out the door (I'm in a hotspot) I'm also at risk. I'm getting my vaccine because I have every right to get it as soon as my turn has come. I've waited my turn just as everyone else in my catagory has to. My friends in BC in the same catagory as me received their first vaccine a month ago. There is no reason for anyone not to sign up if they are eligible, able and willing to get the vaccine and nobody should be discouraged from doing so.

Glad to hear that essential workers in your area have been on the list for a while. In our PHU, they just became eligible (Group 1) on Apr 16th. That was only 3 days ago. Group 2 is not eligible yet. I'm not in a hotspot.

Glad to hear that essential workers in your area have been on the list for a while. In our PHU, they just became eligible (Group 1) on Apr 16th. That was only 3 days ago. Group 2 is not eligible yet. I'm not in a hotspot.
It still shouldn't detract from anyone getting the vaccine. By getting your vaccine you are also protecting essential workers because you aren't getting in their faces while being sick or ny not getting a friend sick and passing it on. Getting vaccinated is part of doing your part and giving people a hard time for getting vaccinated when it's their turn is the opposite of what should be done right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter