Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters

i’m still waiting to be eligible for a vaccine, so i’m not posting on the poll yet. but anecdotally, my wife recently got moderna at a pharmacy in AB.

she hasn’t had any side effects.
For those that are eligible, Moderna seems to be what's available here in Alberta (as well as a decent supply of AZ for those 55-64). I haven't heard of anyone getting Pfizer since the initial rounds back in late January.

Waiting. Signed up online for a vaccine at my nearest pharmacy, which is participating in the Ontario pilot project for AZ. Haven’t heard back from them, although I saw them both registering people in person and administering vaccines when I picked up prescriptions yesterday. I also registered for a vaccine on the provincial website when it opened up for my age group on Wednesday. I have a reservation for my first vaccine later this month, with a second shot in August. I was also able to reserve transportation to/from the site where I will get my vaccine, I’m happy for that.

I'm 44, so still in the waiting class. Although according to Public Health, I will be getting it in May (possibly the first or second week).

Has anyone here who is 55 or younger received the AZ vaccine?

I'm working a short contract at a retirement home (while waiting for travel to come back!) and on the day the residents were getting their second doses, they had one extra dose left and I was the only one there who needed it. So, I got the Pfizer shot by luck of the draw. I'm 42. I'm looking forward to hubby and kids getting it when they are eligible.

Last edited:
I'm not under 55 but my cousin in Manitoba is. She is a teacher so was able to get a vaccine early. It was AZ. No negative side effects for her. I'm not certain what they are going to do with her second dose as technically they aren't giving it to those under 55 anymore.

For those that are eligible, Moderna seems to be what's available here in Alberta (as well as a decent supply of AZ for those 55-64). I haven't heard of anyone getting Pfizer since the initial rounds back in late January.
Are you outside a major city? Everyone I know (including myself) has got Pfizer at the AHS locations, except two aunts that were in the age range for AstraZeneca.

Are you outside a major city? Everyone I know (including myself) has got Pfizer at the AHS locations, except two aunts that were in the age range for AstraZeneca.
No, we're in Calgary. Pfizer was apparently available early on but not lately.

my wife got moderna at an AB pharmacy in a major city. so maybe the province is sending moderna to pharmacies?
Yes, Pharmacies have got a mix. Everyone I know has went to an AHS immunization site because they were able to get an appointment easier/earlier than a pharmacy. One of my uncles tried to book thru a a pharmacy; it would have been Moderna; but the appt was mid-April. Once his age opened up with AHS, he got an appt within 3 days of booking; so he cancelled the Pharmacy Appt. Good thing; since then there were Moderna delays that caused pharmacies to have to cancel appts.
It is all very convoluted which makes it very confusing to people. Will be nice when it’s just open to anyone that wants to get one.

DW and I got the AZ shot today. We'll have fun comparing notes across the family. Mom (92) got the Moderna, Sis got the Pfizer.

It's been 6 hours since, and I keep waiting for the shoe to drop. So far no side effects, even the arm doesn't hurt, but I hear AZ can be a doozy so keep waiting for it.

DW and I got the AZ shot today. We'll have fun comparing notes across the family. Mom (92) got the Moderna, Sis got the Pfizer.

It's been 6 hours since, and I keep waiting for the shoe to drop. So far no side effects, even the arm doesn't hurt, but I hear AZ can be a doozy so keep waiting for it.
Mine was 2 days of no fun, but the first few hours were fine. Also, still WAY BETTER!!! than either Shingrix dose.

Mine was 2 days of no fun, but the first few hours were fine. Also, still WAY BETTER!!! than either Shingrix dose.
I got off pretty light with my second dose of Shingrex compare to the first, which was hideous. I’m hoping it will be similar with this even if the first one is rough. I guess one never knows though.

I’m still waiting for my vaccine (I’m in my late 30s...live in SW Ontario). My mother got her’s 2 weeks ago, Pfizer at a vaccination site. Yesterday my brother-in-law got his at a Walmart pharmacy...he got AZ. So with the 2 of them having their first doses, that’s 25% of my bubble vaccinated! :laughing:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter