Pokemon GO!

I'm still playing. I do find the same pokemon over and over again. I'd love to get some different ones but need to travel for that I guess - I was joking around with my husband that I need to travel more just to catch Pokemon. He didn't appreciate that. LOL

My husband and I were in Disney World for the weekend and I played off and on. I couldn't battle in any of the gyms though because he wasn't patient enough to wait while I did that.
He has pretty much quit playing as has my college son since he's been busy with college. I'm up to level 24.

I only play once in a while, and my only goal is to collect and evolve, I don't even know how to do a gym battle. The last time I played was when we were in WDW in January, and I caught a ton of Pokemon I've never seen at home.

Part of my issue with the game is the incredible lack of spawn rates. There are some Pokemon that I've never seen.... ever. Yet when I look on Twitter and Facebook etc.. some people have seen dozens/hundreds of them. Apparently if you live in a mega city like New York, L.A., Toronto, Montreal etc.. you can get a little of everything periodically. But if you live in a much smaller town like I do, it seems unlikely to get a lot of stuff :(

I have the same issue, and it's really frustrating. I live in the metro STL area, but it's always the same pokemon around my town! Even when I do venture into the city, it seems to be a lot of the same pokemon, I can only get new ones by hatching eggs but that takes forever. I've never even seen a jynx, porygon, etc. I want more uncommon pokemon to pop up!

I agree about the repetition being a problem. Pidgey, rattata, spearow and paras need to take a year (or more) off. The events are what have kept us playing. We had stopped - then started again for Halloween. I caught my first Christmas Pikachu at The Contemporary. The baby eggs helped, too. I am, however, severely disappointed that the Togepi that I hatched came in a normal looking egg. An opportunity was missed there. We are currently playing Valentine's Day. No Clefairy, but we are swimming in Porygon.

The feature that they have repeatedly promised but have not delivered is trading. We want trading.

For Valentine's Day everything pink seems to be out, especially Jigglypuffs! I am fed up to the back teeth with Jigglypuff, Rattata, Voltorbs, Magnetons, Sparrows and yet NEVER finding a Bulbasaur or Squirtle! Just one solitary Charmander, sitting all alone in my Pokedex...

You must have missed an event around the beginning of the year. The 3 starters were way more plentiful. Only problem - they were nearly impossible to catch. I am talking a berry and 20 balls on a cp 60 squirtle that would just run off. It was infuriating.

I have found TONS of Exeggcute! Never made the connection that all the pink ones I've found were because of Valentine's day!

I still play. I am at level 28. I finally passed my husband. My kids play as well. It is cold right now so they don't play as often. I am really the only one in the family that plays regularly right now. I get to play at work. I work in a big building with lots of poke stops. Plus I float here really bad so i tend to get more KM just sitting at my desk. Once it starts to get warmer we will be out walking in the center of our town.

Our small city has about 20 plus poke stops in a 1 mile or so walk. My husband and I played Ingress before we played Pokemon and made sever portals for that game in our area. The same people who made Ingress made Pokemon and used the same portals as poke stops and gyms.

Right now I have caught 123 of the original Pokemon. I am hoping to catch them all. I only need like 26 more. I have hatched some of the rare ones but but working in the Downtown area I have manged to find some as well. I can go a month or two without finding a new one though.

I started playing because everyone else in the family was playing and I was feeling left out. But now I think I'm the only one still playing somewhat LOL. Some days I'll catch a few things, some days it's just a catch and a spin to keep up the streak. I think what I do most of the time is hatch eggs, keep it up and open while I'm walking, and I walk a lot. The events at least add a little bit of interest to the game. The Valentines even is the only reason I finally found a Chansey. I haven't caught a Lapras, and there are I think 2 babies I haven't hatched yet. Other than that I've caught all of the North American ones (not counting stuff like Mr. Mime which you can't find here, although I did see one in a gym once.)

If you don't know about Silph Road, it's a site that tells you where the nests are. So if there's something specific you are looking for you can look it up on there to find out where to go. It comes in hany because the nests tend to move around every couple of weeks.

Big news - they just released the Gen 2 Pokemon into the game!

I swear this just happened within the last 30 minutes or so. I had it up when I was out walking earlier and it was the same old stuff. When I got home my friend sent me a picture of the new one she had just caught.

So if you were waiting for something new, now's a good time to check it out!

Yep, I just got the update and caught four new Pokemon! It's very glitchy right now because everyone's online I guess. I was starting to get real frustrated and closed the app. I will wait and try again tomorrow.

I went out tonight and caught a bunch of the new Johto Pokémon- very exciting! I had stopped playing for a few months but this is making it fun again.

I went out tonight and caught a bunch of the new Johto Pokémon- very exciting! I had stopped playing for a few months but this is making it fun again.

I agree! I had been holding onto a bunch of strong Eevees and I already evolved them into the Espeon and Umbreon. I probably picked up 20 new ones last night just around the neighborhood. Oh, and I got one that needs a "special item" in order to evolve it - no clue where we're supposed to find THAT.

Interesting point is that right now you can get 2 regional exclusives (Corsola and Heracross) in WDW that you can't get in most of the country. The dividing line seems to be pretty much all of Florida and south for Corsola and the old Tauros dividing line (just north of WDW) for Heracross (a fairly strong Pokemon). So if you do plan to visit from elsewhere further north, you may want to try to grab those while here!

I caught a Corsola in Houston yesterday. They were in Austin this weekend. That Heracross had better still be in the parks in a few weeks.

Pokemon Go was interesting this week, but for me at least, its now boring again.

All I'm seeing from Gen 2 are Sentrets, Hoothoots, Natus and Swinubs.

I get the idea is to make it challenging to find everything, but there are still Pokemon from from Gen 1 that I have never even seen, let alone caught and missed etc..

I just wish they would alter the spawn rates and locations, even slightly, might make it better.

I think a solution to the repeats would be theme days. Water-type Wednesday, Steel-type Saturdays - something like that. And let all of that type be around on those days - not just the same 3 or 4.

Plus - I never need to see a Pidgey or Rattata again.

I have yet to see a swinub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter