Points Calculator

jp02

Mouseketeer
I have been researching purchasing DVC for several months now. Tonight I was playing around with the points calculator on David's site. I put in a week during October and SSR required 206 for a one bedroom while BW was 166 for a standard view one bedroom. This surprised me since the time I put in was during F&W. Can anyone explain why SSR would be more. I always thought people here said SSR and OKW typically require less points than the others since they aren't close to a park. Thanks!!

SSR points are sold on the resale market for less money.
This is for many reasons:
- it's a big resort so there is more offering if resale contracts
- it's not walking distance to any park
- it requires average points to stay there per night
- for many the decor is "less Disney" (the latest renovation can change this a bit)

Average means that it does not have a "bargain" view like AKV value, BWV standard or BLT standard view.
The cost per night is the same of BCV, but BCV has SAB and it's walking distance to Epcot and DHS.
SSR is at walking distance to DTD. To me this as good as being near a theme park (I like shop and eat there), but the vast majority doesn't think the same.

What you heard means that SSR is cheap on the resale market, not on point cost per night. Also SSR has very low MF. This makes SSR points a bargain if you want to use them to book other resorts (and can travel off peak). However this can change anytime:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028134

I have been researching purchasing DVC for several months now. Tonight I was playing around with the points calculator on David's site. I put in a week during October and SSR required 206 for a one bedroom while BW was 166 for a standard view one bedroom. This surprised me since the time I put in was during F&W. Can anyone explain why SSR would be more. I always thought people here said SSR and OKW typically require less points than the others since they aren't close to a park. Thanks!!

About 20% of the villas at BWV are standard view - meaning the front drive and the parking lot. The remaining 80% are preferred view (with some of them BW view and a separate booking category) with pool, garden, waterways. So if you want to book the standard view at BWV, you really need to own there. Those book up early.

When you compare the number of points for a preferred view at BWV, it's more than SSR and OKW.

Just like the value villas at AKV are about the cheapest point-wise. But they are limited in number and go quickly at 11 months out. The savanna view is a lot more than OKW and SSR. Right up there with BLT almost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter