Podcast Cruise 4.0 - 12/08/2012

If you booked onboard and already named Dreams Unlimited Travel as your TA and move that booking to the PCC 4.0 sailing you can keep all of the perks and benefits you received from DCL for rebooking onboard as well as the current, full shipboard credit from Dreams Unlimited Travel....

The staterooms we have held under group space are priced as seen on the linked page provided. They are eligible for the full, current SBC from Dreams Unlimited Travel but not any additonal offers from Disney Cruise Line (Disney Visa, rebooking credits, etc)

Now I'm confused! Are you saying that if I book one of the "A" cabins DU has on hold - that can't be combined with the onboard booking discount and OBC? Any other cabin category, or an A cabin booked at DCL's current price, does get the discount and OBC?

John, is one of the perks a discount on the next cruise? If so, is it for the total cost of the room? What if the second person is sailing with Disney for the first time?

The 'perks' are associated with the new cruise you booked while onboard, in general, will transfer to the new cruise date you select/move to.

If you received a 10% discount as part of the perk is off of the cruise fare portion of the booking. It does not apply to port charges, taxes and fees.

The perks 'belong' to the primary person on the reservation/the person the new booking was booked under. It doesn't matter who else is in the room.

Now I'm confused! Are you saying that if I book one of the "A" cabins DU has on hold - that can't be combined with the onboard booking discount and OBC? Any other cabin category, or an A cabin booked at DCL's current price, does get the discount and OBC?

Correct! The staterooms we have on hold are held under DCL group rate pricing. This price cannot be combined with the onboard perks (or any other offer from DCL). This is a DCL rule - not DU.

However, the price you get by booking onboard and transferring to PCC 4.0 'should' be less than what is on our site as that will reflect the discount - that is if you compare apples-to-apples.

My advice is to write to Tracey as she can give you specific information about your particular booking rather than me having to talk in generalities.

Correct! The staterooms we have on hold are held under DCL group rate pricing. This price cannot be combined with the onboard perks (or any other offer from DCL). This is a DCL rule - not DU.

However, the price you get by booking onboard and transferring to PCC 4.0 'should' be less than what is on our site as that will reflect the discount - that is if you compare apples-to-apples.

My advice is to write to Tracey as she can give you specific information about your particular booking rather than me having to talk in generalities.

Thank you, John!

We're there. Unless of course DCL announces a Hawaii repositioning cruise. then there might be some family conflict.

I have sent my email to Tracey for my cruise quote. I have a question. My roomie and I are hoping for a twin bed cabin. We also were hoping for a verandah. Does anyone know if they have twin bed cabins with verandahs? The twins are the priority. Neither of us are up to climbing into the pull down berth and we like having the couch available and not being made up as a bed. Besides, how do we decide who gets the bed vs. the couch.

Kim

I have sent my email to Tracey for my cruise quote. I have a question. My roomie and I are hoping for a twin bed cabin. We also were hoping for a verandah. Does anyone know if they have twin bed cabins with verandahs? The twins are the priority. Neither of us are up to climbing into the pull down berth and we like having the couch available and not being made up as a bed. Besides, how do we decide who gets the bed vs. the couch.

Kim

The beds are all queens that don't split. I heard rumors that a few cabins do have split beds, but at this point, I haven't confirmed that to be the case. Again, I don't know how many non-family travelers complained about this on the Dream. Maybe they'll offer some split beds on the Fantasy. I doubt it, though.

I'm already booked on a May 2012 cruise (same western itinerary) on the Fantasy, but I already volunteered to take the sofa futon-ish thing. My friend slept on the sofa during our Disney Magic cruise (3 of us in a cabin that time), so this was not an issue for me to reciprocate the sacrifice! :laughing:

I won't be booking this cruise because I don't want to repeat the same itinerary. I will probably move my dummy date to a Dream cruise around this date range.

I've got all my info from Tracey, now it's a matter if I want to change cruises....this one does sound much more exciting...besides, we've been to Nassau...I'd rather go to different ports...let's hope all parties agree.

I am loving the different itinerary and the fact it is a seven night. Never been to these ports, I am looking forward to all three. And Castaway of course. That I can repeat.

Kim

The twins are the priority. Neither of us are up to climbing into the pull down berth and we like having the couch available and not being made up as a bed. Besides, how do we decide who gets the bed vs. the couch.

Same here. I was thought we'd split, bed for three nights, sofa for four nights, then switch.

Again, I don't know how many non-family travelers complained about this on the Dream. Maybe they'll offer some split beds on the Fantasy. I doubt it, though.

I have whined, but who can I complain to officially? Is there still time to do small revision on the Fantasy based on "mistakes" on the Deam?

Same here. I was thought we'd split, bed for three nights, sofa for four nights, then switch.

I have whined, but who can I complain to officially? Is there still time to do small revision on the Fantasy based on "mistakes" on the Deam?

John posted this on another thread....

You have a couple of options (or use all three):

1 - Fill out the form here - https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contact-us/

2 - Call (800) 951-3532

3 - Write (snail mail)

Disney Cruise Vacations
Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10238
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0238

Port Ashore Onboard
Saturday Port Canaveral 4:00 pm
Sunday At Sea
Monday Grand Cayman 10:30 pm 4:00 pm
Tuesday Costa Maya, Mexico 12:45 pm 4:30 pm
Wednesday Cozumel 8:30 am 4:30 pm
Thursday At Sea
Friday Castaway Cay 9:30 am 4:30 pm
Saturday Port Canaveral 7:30 am

here is the itinerary according to dreams site for the december 8th, 2012 sailing....i think it looks great never been to any of these cities....asked tracy for a quote...we would move our 3.0 to 4.0 if the price is similar, more days and cool stops! :goodvibes

I jumped ship :rotfl2: from PC 3.0 to this sailing. Not in the summer and for me its like $40 more as a single sailor for two more days. No brainer. Plus I love the parks at Christmas more than during the summer.

I jumped ship :rotfl2: from PC 3.0 to this sailing. Not in the summer and for me its like $40 more as a single sailor for two more days. No brainer. Plus I love the parks at Christmas more than during the summer.

I'm considering doing the same thing...for us it works out to be a little cheaper...

I'm considering doing the same thing...for us it works out to be a little cheaper...

I'm also figuring that not flying during the holiday week will help with costs as well.

:cool1: We're in for both 3.0 & 4.0 :cool1:

I was on the fence for 4.0, thinking it would be another 4/5 night on the Dream. We've been itching to do a longer cruise.

So this news today was fantastic!! :dance3:
We had canceled our Western on the Magic last December to do PCC2.0. Now we get to do the 7 night one the brand new Fantasy.

Email has been sent to transfer our dummy date. Woo Hoo! :yay:

My DH and I are also doing the Pod Cast double dip in 2012, PCC 3.0 & 4.0. Had too much fun on 2.0 not to sign up for both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!