Podcast Cruise 4.0 - 12/08/2012

We have just put in a request for the Hawaii cruise so couldn't do PCC3.0 as we'd originally planned... nothing for it but to push out PCC3.0 to PCC4.0 so looks like I'm travelling with you all instead :cool1:
Welcome!!!

Sayhello

Ok just read back a few pages and wow are there some familiar faces and names here - and looks like I'm going to be meeting fair few of you with one trip or another between now and this trip :rotfl2:

My countdown says 620 to go.
Hmmmmmm :scratchin:scratchin i'm wondering should i start packing now or would that be to early......:littleangel:

Its never to early to pack but I have at least 3 holidays planned between now and this one :rotfl2:

Been Booked. Just add the Podcast stuff to the cruise. It Will be my sister and I and our parent. We are from Reading PA.

Hey Stephen, so pleased to have you and Becky aboard again - we seem to have the exact same taste in cruises - this will be cruise number 3 won't it? :lmao:

Has anyone been on any of the tours at either Grand Caymen or Cozumel? I want to scuba dive at one of these and do a land tour at the other but can't decide. Does anyone know when they will post excursions for Costa Maya? I like to plan ahead! :rotfl:

We went to Tulum and Cachobin (not sure on spelling). Tulum was absolutely incredible! We love history and the beaches at most other stops bore us silly so are always looking for something historic or cultural to experience.

Oh yay!! Mini ABD reunion we'll be having... :)

Yay! :cool1:

We have just put in a request for the Hawaii cruise so couldn't do PCC3.0 as we'd originally planned... nothing for it but to push out PCC3.0 to PCC4.0 so looks like I'm travelling with you all instead :cool1:

:yay: Glad to have you !!!!

Good Morning Everyone !!! I'm headed south tomorrow...WDW of course..so I won't be around here until next week......don't have too much fun without me....lol

Good Morning Everyone !!! I'm headed south tomorrow...WDW of course..so I won't be around here until next week......don't have too much fun without me....lol

Have a blast! We don't leave for another 37 days.

Welcome, Paula!
What is your suggestion for a "ruins" tour of the ones you have done?

Well, the day is coming to a close....I hope tomorrow goes better than today....I went online to check in for my flight...and I was exactly 24 hours out...I got A57 boarding position !!!!! What? That's at the end of the A boarding...I'm thinking of paying the $10.00 for the flight home to get a better boarding position..since I won't have access to the internet, it might not be a bad idea. Then, I find out that my dinner plans for tomorrow night fell through (for good reason, and I'm ok with it....think I'll rent a movie and order dinner in)..then, I check on the reservation my sister made at the resort for me, and find out she has me checking out on Sunday.....hmmmm...my flight leaves MONDAY!!!! I called the resort, and they were nice enough to change it for me...Whew !!!! Oh, didn't mention that I got my nails done last night...they looked so nice...until I broke one just before going to bed..had to get it fixed at lunch time...now my nail has a ridge on it......jeeezzzzzz...still have to go home, do laundry and finish packing. I just keep thinking...tomorrow is a brand new day...

Anyway, I'll catch you all next week...

Howdy everyone! I have been on the first two Podcast cruises and I am currently booked for 3.0. I am debating whether or not I should "jump ship" and transfer to 4.0 Does anyone know what the weather is USUALLY like in this area in December. I am scared because of the weather we had on 3.0 (cold and WINDY!). I am afraid of the risk I take in booking a trip at this time. Was that completely unusual, or is there a decent chance the weather could be like that again in the Carribbean?

Also, for those of you who have transfered to 4.0 from 3.0, have you found the pricing to be cheaper, the same, or more?

Thanks so much everyone!! :goodvibes

Well, the day is coming to a close....I hope tomorrow goes better than today....I went online to check in for my flight...and I was exactly 24 hours out...I got A57 boarding position !!!!! What? That's at the end of the A boarding...I'm thinking of paying the $10.00 for the flight home to get a better boarding position..since I won't have access to the internet, it might not be a bad idea. Then, I find out that my dinner plans for tomorrow night fell through (for good reason, and I'm ok with it....think I'll rent a movie and order dinner in)..then, I check on the reservation my sister made at the resort for me, and find out she has me checking out on Sunday.....hmmmm...my flight leaves MONDAY!!!! I called the resort, and they were nice enough to change it for me...Whew !!!! Oh, didn't mention that I got my nails done last night...they looked so nice...until I broke one just before going to bed..had to get it fixed at lunch time...now my nail has a ridge on it......jeeezzzzzz...still have to go home, do laundry and finish packing. I just keep thinking...tomorrow is a brand new day...

Anyway, I'll catch you all next week...

I'm sorry today wasn't such a great day, but tomorrow you're going to Disney World!! :dance3::woohoo::banana: Have a GREAT trip!

Howdy everyone! I have been on the first two Podcast cruises and I am currently booked for 3.0. I am debating whether or not I should "jump ship" and transfer to 4.0 Does anyone know what the weather is USUALLY like in this area in December. I am scared because of the weather we had on 3.0 (cold and WINDY!). I am afraid of the risk I take in booking a trip at this time. Was that completely unusual, or is there a decent chance the weather could be like that again in the Carribbean?

Also, for those of you who have transfered to 4.0 from 3.0, have you found the pricing to be cheaper, the same, or more?

I was on 2.0 as well. I originally booked 3.0 and was going to keep it, but thought about how hot it is in June and about the cost of flying home the week of July4 and decided to change. I am booked as a single in a 9A and the cost was like $40 more. Plus the parks are so much nicer in December all decorated for Christmas.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, the first 2 Podcast cruises were Bahamian cruises, not Caribbean. The Western Caribbean is much farther South, and generally much warmer than the Bahamas. Except for Castaway Cay, I'd expect much better weather than you saw this year. Obviously, anything is possible, but don't base your worries on what you've seen in the Bahamas.

Sayhello

Thanks for your responses guys. True about being warmer in the Caribbean... I still don't wanna freeze my buns off in Castaway though! I am gonna have to do a little more research and think about it. Hmmmmm :surfweb:

The weather will be AWESOME once you get into the Caribbean. It MIGHT be AWESOME from Port Canaveral to the Caribbean or in MIGHT NOT be AWESOME. So at the worst, you will have 2 days that are not in the 80's. I love the western cruise because the Caribbean Sea is much calmer than the Atlantic Ocean.

Welcome, Paula!
What is your suggestion for a "ruins" tour of the ones you have done?

I don't remember which tours we did exactly but the one for Tulum was a whole day - and it was excellent.

The other tour I seem to think was a half day and didn't have a beach stop.

Tulum's location on the coast was spectacular, the only issue we had was it was so unbelievably hot - it would have been in September so December would be much more comfortable for sightseeing.

Although June would be better for us from the point of view of escaping our winter, the thought of tacking on theme park days in June/July sounds like hell. I'm thinking we will enjoy the parks in November/December much more and for sightseeing in ports, it'll be perfect. We don't do beaches or snorkling except for Castaway anyhow.

It was about $200 more but its two extra days so seemed like a good deal.

Hi KimStaR...I think I remember you from 2.0....I jumped ship to 4.0 after doing some research..I'm not very good in the high heat, and the thought of going in June concerned me...I found out that the Carribbean is somewhat warmer than the Bahamas...I think I saw that the average temperature in December was around 80..that works for me. For our group, 4.0 turned out to be cheaper for us...we are a family of 4 this time.

Would love to have you on this cruise, so if you decide to jump ship....then Welcome.

Hello Fellow Cruisers !!! I got back yesterday....the weather was great...92 every day, except for the last one...it was 94. No Rain...and beautiful clear skys....I got a little sun burn, but not enough to worry about...I'm a huge pin collector...and there was this one pin that I've been searching for, for over 3 years now.....I finally found it on Friday, at EPCOT...I was thrilled. Now, I can take them off my lanyard, and start another series to hunt down....it was frustrating, but I really enjoyed the hunt !!!

Hello Fellow Cruisers !!! I got back yesterday....the weather was great...92 every day, except for the last one...it was 94. No Rain...and beautiful clear skys....I got a little sun burn, but not enough to worry about...I'm a huge pin collector...and there was this one pin that I've been searching for, for over 3 years now.....I finally found it on Friday, at EPCOT...I was thrilled. Now, I can take them off my lanyard, and start another series to hunt down....it was frustrating, but I really enjoyed the hunt !!!

Welcome back! :cool1: I am a little concerned that it will be humid by the time we get down there in 4 weeks. If it is 90 and not humid then I am okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter