Please submit your reviews on the following restaurants:

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Our annual vacation to WDW is coming up in September and we are always trying to visit new restaurants.

Our family consists of myself (mom and wife), DH, and 2 DD's ages 6 and 13months.

We need a new restaurant to visit in Downtown Disney. The restaurants that we have not been to are:
Bongos Cuban Cafe
Cap'n Jack's Restaurant
Fulton's Crab House
Wolfgang Puck Cafe - The Dining Room

We would kindly appreciate any reviews you may give to help us decide where we would like to eat our first night in The World.

Thanks!!!!:wave:

We've done both Cap'n Jacks & Fultons.

Cap'n Jacks - nothing outstanding, but good IMO. DH got the crabcakes & they were the smallest things I've ever seen. He walked away from an expensive meal extremely hungry!!!

Fulton's - very good, a little pricey. Their seafood bisque soup was outstanding & could have been eaten as a meal. I was so full after it that I probably only ate about 3 bites of my actual meal.

I can't comment on the others.

Well. I can help you with 3 out of 4.

Bongo's - good food , excellent atmosphere. moderately priced, excellent margaritas. Make a ps for this one.....usually a wait in the evening.

Fulton's - excellent seafood. expensive but worth it, tons of food.
not usually very crowded....especially during lunch hours. The lobster bisque was the best I've ever had. The alaskan king crab legs overflowed the plate....excellent.

Wolfgang puck's dining room - our absolute favorite. food is out of this world. excellent service. pricey but worth it. The martini's are pricey but try the cantaloupe one....never had anything like it.
I believe you can only make ps's 30 days out on this one...but I would double check.

The only one I've been to is Fultons. Our family really enjoyed it. We went for lunch and pretty much walked right in.

Another, "I can only speak for Fulton's" here, but we have eaten there 3 times...twice for dinner, once for lunch. The food is wonderful, the service so-so (except for lunch, where it was very good), the prices high.....so is the noise level at dinner. I have had the salmon, lobster bisque and tuna, all of which are wonderful. DH had the surf and turf for both dinners, once with crab legs, once with the lobster tail. Also, the crab cakes are GREAT! Bring your credit card....you'll need it for this place, although it is a very good meal!

Sorry I can't help with the others!

I can only answer about one---Cap'n Jack's.
I went this February for lunch and was not impressed.

The food was okay---I've had better and the service was a little poor that day.
Might have just been an off day, but we won't return.

We have been to Fultons. We love Fultons! Yes, it is pricey but yes, it is worth it! We enjoy the appetisers, the wine, the meal, and the dessert. The boys enjoyed it too. The atmosphere is a little fun, on the boat and all.
:)

For all of you that love Fultons - which seems to be a great deal of you that posted - how is it for a 6yr old?????

My DD is a pretty picky eater:( and very difficult to find things for her to eat. What is the childrens menu like??? Do they have hamburgers????

Please inform - Thanks!!:wave:

If I had enough money, I'd hand out $20 bills in front of Capt Jack's just to keep people away from eating there. It's my vote for the worst restaurant in WDW. Just deplorable.

We dined at Capt Jack's this February. You know your dinner's on the wrong track when the waitress mumbles, "If I were you guys I'd stick with appetizers tonight." And she was right! My shrimp and pasta were smothered in an unidentifiable orange gunk I swear I saw floating in the DTD lake by the ducks. Even my chowder was inedible.

Originally posted by K and K's Mommy
Hi slo (and fellow Hoosier!)

I just looked at the children's menu from Fulton's. They have everything a child could want ranging in price from $4.95 - $12.95.

Here's the link:
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_fck.htm

I want to say a quick thanks for providing this information - that was really nice of you:hug: . This is the most elaborate childrens menu I have ever seen anywhere - and I am being most serious when I say this. I have never seen steak on a childrens menu - wow!!

DD will surely find something good to eat there - thanks again:wave:

We have only eaten at Fultons from your list but we thought it was amazing.

DH had clam chowder followed by the crabs legs, I had the mushroom starter followed by the crab cakes.

The portions were huge and the food fantastic.

Our server was excellent and very attentitive but not at all 'pestering'.

We do not have children but the table next to us had four small children - all under 10 and they had a great time and ate very well.

HTH

Bongos Cuban Cafe -- We've eaten here three times. The food has always been good, the service has ranged from very good to so-so. The so-so was not the servers fault--they were terribly understaffed, which is a management problem.

Cap'n Jack's Restaurant -- Very so-so food and service, we thought it was expensive for the quality of the food. You can do much better. (It has been more than several years since we ate there, so things might have changed drastically)

Fulton's Crab House -- Quite expensive but very good. We've eaten there more tha several times, and have never had a bad meal. Service has ranged from OK to excellent. Food has ranged from good to excellent. Again, it's very expensive.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe - The Dining Room -- We only ate at WP's once, downstairs at lunch, and it was excellent. We are hoping to dine there again next month. We thought the food and service were very good for the price paid.

Anne

Fulton's Crab House - Excellent!!!! My dh and I love this place. We eat here everytime we are at Disney. Yes, it is pricey but it is GOOD!! I usually have the crab claws which are huge and worth every penny.

Captain Jack's - We have eaten here once. It wasn't bad. Nothing special. I had crab legs which were ok.

I love Ohana's at the Poly, I eat there 2's during every one of my disney trips. It's easy to get to from all parks and monarails:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter