Please help on with DCL now...

DougandBeth

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Anyone have any quick suggestions on this...

We are booked on deck 10 in rooms 10534 and 10536 which is considered forward mid ship. The quiet pool and cover bar is above us.

I am on with DCL and I can go down to deck 9 in rooms 9556 and 9558 which is a little more mid ship and beloe other cabins. Its right across from the mid ship staircase and mid ship elevators.

Any thoughts on moving? We are really torn, any thoughts?

Are you moving because you're concerned about potential noise from Deck 11? If that's the case, then Deck 9 may make you more comfortable. But you will be nearer to an elevator, and while I prefer being near to an elevator, not everyone likes that.

We have booked cabin 9090 for our cruise in October simply because we wanted at least one passenger deck above and below us. We had great success using that to guide our choice on the Magic. I have read previously on these boards that when you are below a pool that you will hear the deck chairs being moved around in the early morning to get ready for the guests. Others may tell you differently, but personally I would shy away from a room directly below a pool.

I just dropped down from 10550 to Deck 9. For me it was not the Quiet Cove or Spa above us but when I really got to look at the of the pictures of the Dream I noticed that the overhang above Deck 10 seemed to be blocking all sunlight and view of the sky . I personally dont like the "I" shaped profile and prefer the Wonder and Magic style. For us the Verandah is a vital part of our cruise and I don't think I would like that overhang. So when I also got to wondering why the rooms see more expensive going down a deck or 2 I wondered if the overhang was a factor. Guess we need to book even more cruises to find our favorite "spot" again :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter