Please help me decide!

SolitaryPhoenix

Mouseketeer
I know there are a billion of these type threads, but I've got a couple of special people I'm planning a trip for, :love: and a group of 4 resorts I need to choose from. I know the wonderful people here can help me decide since I've only stayed at 2 of the 4. :grouphug:

The situation is this - fortunately or not, my mother and daughter's birthdays are very close, September 18th and 14th respectively. As you can see from my sig, we go to WDW fairly often. We're DVC members, but silly as it sounds, I'm going to be saving up my points for a year or so for a big stay for my daughter and nephew's graduation; both will be graduating from high school in 2016. I will need one of the Grand Villas if everyone I'm intending to invite actually comes, so I'm not considering my DVC points at all right now, so... back to this year and the main point of this post. :)

I'm planning on surprising them with a weekend trip, 9/13 thru 9/15, to celebrate their birthdays. The traveling party would be myself, mom (will turn 78 right after trip), DD (will turn 17 on trip!) and nephew (15). I can't afford a deluxe. I'm also taking the Swan or Dolphin out of the equation, since we have stayed at the Swan and while it was lovely, it wasn't quite "Disney" for us; hope that doesn't seem silly! To make it little more special I'm going to attempt to nab a breakfast at CRT :laughing: and/or dinner at Be Our Guest. ;) I also want to check into the Dessert Party for Wishes, since I'd really love my mom to see the whole thing from a good vantage point for once!

Anyway, I'm having difficulty picking a resort; the ones I'm considering are AoA, CS, POR or POFQ. We've stayed at CS and POR, each at least twice. We've wandered around POFQ and (just this past weekend!) AoA, and would like to stay at those as well. That's the problem - too many good choices! :rolleyes1 The other things to consider are that my mom does have mobility issues and uses a 'scooter', and that my nephew is 15, way too old (and huge at over 6 foot! :scared1:) to share a bed. This past weekend we stayed at PC and although we brought a camping cot for him, we couldn't really find a place to fit him and the scooter in the room, so the poor kid had to sleep on the floor! :confused3

Any ideas or thoughts would be gratefully accepted, about the resort choices, or anything anyone else may have done to make their loved ones' trip more 'magical'. And thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Definitely POFQ. Best for your Mom as no room is far from the center and pool, restaurants, bus stop all right in or just outside the main building. Queen beds for the ages of your party are a huge plus. Great resort for your kids too because they can use all the amenities at POR so if they don't mind the walk its great to take advantage of both. The boat to DTD is so relaxing. Here's a biggie for me that no one else seems to care about; the landscaping at POFQ is much more condusive to a summertime visit. There is alot more shade than at CSR. We felt sooooooo hot at CSR last August. I would do #1 PoFQ, #2 Por, ( actually my favorite, but with your Mom, FQ will be much easier and just as beautiful), #3 CSR, #4 AoA.

I definitely wouldn't stay in a value resort with that many people who aren't couples. The beds are tiny even for married people, so I doubt you and your mom will want to snuggle that closely, and I'd bet money the kids don't either! :lmao:

What are you planning to do with 15 yo nephew and 17 yo daughter as far as sleeping arrangements go? Maybe you sleep with daughter and nephew sleeps on the floor?? Unless nephew would be willing to sleep with grandma?

TigrLvsPooh - we actually just got back from PC, and yes, it was very tight! I shared with my daughter, my mom took the other bed, and my huge nephew wound up on the floor, so that's definitely a huge consideration.

eeyoresmom - those are really good arguments for POFQ! :)

TigrLvsPooh - we actually just got back from PC, and yes, it was very tight! I shared with my daughter, my mom took the other bed, and my huge nephew wound up on the floor, so that's definitely a huge consideration.

eeyoresmom - those are really good arguments for POFQ! :)

We must have typed at the same time! ;)

I'm sensing a trend - POFQ. ;) I had actually priced the trip with that resort, so it's still in my 'shopping cart' at the Disney site! So, those of you that have been there, do you think I should get Garden View, Pool View, or River View? That pool is too cool, but are those rooms very noisy?

I might be throwing a wrench into things but if your mom has a scooter I might choose the property that will give you the most beds - whatever that may be. I would look at a suite at A of A - or perhaps the Family Suites at All Star Music. Then I might go for POFQ because it is a better size for your mom to get around - my mom had hip replacement surgery last year - so I do get that POFQ would be a better size. In this situation - I would go for the most beds - if your mom has the scooter.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! POFQ it is! I've also checked the resort map and I'm thinking building 5, with a River View - hopefully that's a good choice. :) Getting really excited about planning a completely surprise trip for them! :yay:

I think any view will be nice. That resort is so small that the view is not terribly significant. River view IS very nice.

Small will actually be nice, I think, after seemingly traveling football fields to get around most of the resorts! :rolleyes1

So do the buses really pick up and drop off at FQ first?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter