Please help! How do I rent my DVC points?

medalla74

Crazy4Disney
I currently have 15 pts @ SSR set to expire Sept 31, 2007. These are banked points which cannot be transferredl, right? How do I go about renting these points to someone? Any suggestions or a point in the right direction would be extremely appreciated.:sad2:

To rent banked points, you need to make a reservation. You cannot transfer banked or borrrowed points to another member.

You will actually be renting a reservation. If 15 points is not enough to make a reservation, then you would either have to borrow enough points from the subsequent use year or use points from you 2007 allocation if you have any left to make a reservation. For example, in certain seasons, you can get a studio at OKW for 8 points/night. If you borrowed 1 point from your 2008 use year (or used one point from your 2007 use year if you have them to use), you could make a reservation for 2 nights.

It may be tough to find someone to rent only 1 or 2 nights. You may end up deciding to just let those 15 points go rather than add more points to them to allow for a longer reservation.

Good luck, I would hate to lose points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter