Plastic food serving trays

Sacahara

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, please move it if not. Thank you!

So this is probably a really weird question but I'll be at Epcot's FARTs on Wednesday and I remember having a hard time finding seating to eat at food booths the last time I was there (2018 so things could be different). Would it be weird if I brought a plastic food tray to carry my items on so I could plop down anywhere? Would that even be allowed? Thanks for your help!

It's fine! They sometimes sell small trays for the various festivals at the merchandise booths. ShopDisney had some on clearance before Christmas. And is it even a festival at Epcot if you don't use a trash can as a table at some point???
🤣 I hunt down the trash cans before getting in line cause I know that's where I'll end up! Thank you for answering and I didn't know that they sold them!

🤣 I hunt down the trash cans before getting in line cause I know that's where I'll end up! Thank you for answering and I didn't know that they sold them!
I saw someone on Etsy actually selling a kind of "tablecloth" to put on top of the trash cans. It was pretty cute and very creative!

There are a number of people who use them so you won't be out of place. I've been to all the Disney festivals through the years, did 4 last year, and have never eaten off a trash can lid. I have sat down on a few curbs or planters or put my food on a few walls, but never a trash can lid. I had no problems finding a table for F&W or F&G last year. I think they may be putting more tables out now.

There are a number of people who use them so you won't be out of place. I've been to all the Disney festivals through the years, did 4 last year, and have never eaten off a trash can lid. I have sat down on a few curbs or planters or put my food on a few walls, but never a trash can lid. I had no problems finding a table for F&W or F&G last year. I think they may be putting more tables out now.
You don’t know what you’re missing! The trash cans add a certain “je ne sais quoi” to festival eats!

I have heavy, biodegradable trays I take with me to all the festivals. I got a pack of 30 for around $25. They fit in my Vera Wang Ariel backpack but probably not in a Loungefly. They are disposable, but the only time I’ve thrown one away is when I spilled some seafood stew as I was walking to a table. They’re very sturdy.

You don’t know what you’re missing! The trash cans add a certain “je ne sais quoi” to festival eats!
Completely agree, eaten on many many a trash can. That said, last year went to F&W twice,and never had to resort to a trash can, oddly.

I wouldn't mind it too much except when people are throwing away their trash and then I would either be in their way or get hit with the trash if they missed.

The trays they sell at Epcot is a small square with a spot for a drink. F&W normally has them. I took a square plastic plate one year for F&W. I have also pounded a beer flight from a trash can before. Usually you aren’t really there long enough to get in the way of trash can users. I have also taken food from the booths by test track over to Odyssey building at at it there where there is multiple tables and chairs- looking at look Fry Flight from F&W 2022.

Missed sales opportunity here .
I would love a square oversized Wet Wipe to use as a Placemat .
I guess that would create another problem for disposal , etc…

Last edited:
Missed sales opportunity here .
I would love a square oversized Wet Wipe to use as a Placemat .
I guess that would create another problem for disposal , etc…
Not if you use it on a trash can! :rotfl:

I saw someone on Etsy actually selling a kind of "tablecloth" to put on top of the trash cans. It was pretty cute and very creative!
il_340x270.3621538465_6p91.jpg

FINE DINING MOUSE CO on ETSY

I'm amused by people, such as how they're willing to use a trashcan as a table; people are really very into the Disney festival. Now I also want to go there and see what all the fuss is about

I'm amused by people, such as how they're willing to use a trashcan as a table; people are really very into the Disney festival. Now I also want to go there and see what all the fuss is about.
Depending on the day you go to the festivals, tables can be rather limited, so the trash cans become de facto tables! They are probably cleaner than the actual tables, I have never seen the tables being wiped down (it's hard when they are all constantly being used), I have seen the custodial CM's wipe down the trash cans when they empty them! We usually have disinfectant wipes anyway, so we wipe either the table or trash can down before using. You gotta do what you gotta do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter