Planning March 2018

VianSa

Earning My Ears
Hello we are family of 5 with 3 children under 10. We are planning to be in California from March 8th to 18th 2018. Flying from Toronto Canada to LA or San Diego. We aren't sure about our first five nights yet, but we do know that our last 5 will be spent in Anaheim at Disney's Grand Californian Resort. 13 years ago on our honeymoon, my wife and I drove part of the Californian Coast mostly in between San Francisco and Los Angeles, however we did make a stop in San Diego for a day at the zoo. Our kids have never been and I'm trying to figure out if we should be spending a few days in San Diego relaxing before we get to Anaheim or in Los Angeles possibly in the Santa Monica area or a combination of both. The other idea I was floating around with was spending a couple of nights in one of the Park's possibly Sequoia at a hotel or Resort Lodge. The kids travel quite a bit so they would be comfortable moving around. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Spending a few days is San Diego and taking the kids to the Zoo would be a wonderful trip for you. Sharing with your kids what you two did on your honeymoon is a beautiful thing.

You know your kids better than I do. Do you think they would rather see the Zoo and spend a few days on the beach or exploring the forest of huge trees?

I think they would rather the beach and zoo lol....however I think it may be too cold to be at the beach at that time year?

I think they would rather the beach and zoo lol....however I think it may be too cold to be at the beach at that time year?

If you are traveling from Toronto the kids will think the beach is warm, even if parents don't!

Getting in and out of the Sequoia/Yosemite area that early in the year is always harder because snow could close certain roads in. San Diego is very family friendly and you could possibly get a reasonably priced condo to have more room and a chance to cook some meals. You could still spend a day driving the coast up into Los Angeles before you go to Disneyland.

PHXscuba

Then that's what I suggest. It might be a chilly in the water, but it's historically in the low 70's that time of year - great beach weather! This past March the temps in Sequoia were in the mid 70's. Beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!