Placeholder questions... (New question added5/2)

Can anyone clarify the process of using a TA with your placeholder? I am planning to get a placeholder on my upcoming Alaska cruise (boarding Monday!!), and I don’t have a TA but would like to take advantage of using one for the on-board credit. Do I need to have a TA already when going through the process of purchasing the placeholder, or how do I go about working with someone after?

Do I need to have a TA already when going through the process of purchasing the placeholder, or how do I go about working with someone after?
You will need to transfer the placeholder to a TA within 30 days. I recommend making the placeholder as late on the cruise as possible to help maximize the time remaining in that 30 day window once you are home. It is also helpful if you research and pick a TA ahead so you know to whom it will transfer.

Can anyone clarify the process of using a TA with your placeholder? I am planning to get a placeholder on my upcoming Alaska cruise (boarding Monday!!), and I don’t have a TA but would like to take advantage of using one for the on-board credit. Do I need to have a TA already when going through the process of purchasing the placeholder, or how do I go about working with someone after?
@lanejudy already explained the process, but I wanted to point out that most TAs give less OBC for bookings with the onboard booking discount. They get only half commission on these bookings. And since the OBC comes out if their commission, it usually is half of what a normal booking would get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter