PJ & TR: Claire & Mike - WP/KWR/SCP - 30 Dec 09 - **Inside Disney Weddings Podcast**

I love all the gown pictures!!!!

I just realized you are getting married on my birthday :goodvibes

My birthday is on the 28th so our anniversary will be just after, no excuse for him to forget then, everythings all in the same week!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Are the value resorts not worth considering? We stayed at Pop last year and loved it. Hoping to do a vow renewal in 3 years so love reading all about your wedding!

We stayed at Pop last year as well. They probably will end up there but just want to find out all the options for them.

Loving your PJ Claire, I love the first dress too, very elegant :goodvibes

Thanks Jo :hug:

So last weekend we travelled up to see my Mum, Dad and Step-Dad to tell them we are engaged. My Mum and Step-Dad realised it would happen soon so it was of no surprise and are happy for us and know the Disney plan so all is good. We then went over to my Dads to tell him, and he didn't seem to be interested, it was all very strange, I thought he'd go over the top and want to go straight to his church to book a date. The next day he was a bit more interested but still asked no questions about the wedding. I shall wait to see what he says when he rings me next.

Then last night the future in-laws rang, we were chatting and they asked if we had thought about the wedding yet, so I eased them in and told them we'd decided to go abroad and told them our reasons, they didn't say much and when I passed the phone over to DF they didn't mention it again. We will be seeing them a week on Saturday so watch this space to see what happens next on the Parent front.

Also at the weekend I went to try on wedding dresses for the first time. I went in 3 shops, the 4th was closed, and made an appointment in the 1st to try them on later in the day. I tried on a few but only liked one and its a serious contender for The One, this is the dress...

VenusDress.jpg

VenusDressBack.jpg

VenusDressDetail.jpg

(Meryll, I'm sure you'll like it)

I think I'm going again this Saturday to some other shops so we'll see what happens.

Good luck with the whole parents/in law thing! Sometimes (or should I say most times!!) thats the hardest part of planning a wedding! The dress looks lovely!

That dress is gorgeous Claire! :lovestruc

I am sure your dad & the in-laws will quickly come round to the idea....some of my family wasn't too keen at first when we announced that we were getting married in the Bahamas but they were soon onside.

Yey it's so pretty! :cheer2: You're right, you knew it would be my kinda thing ;)

Good luck with the whole parents/in law thing! Sometimes (or should I say most times!!) thats the hardest part of planning a wedding! The dress looks lovely!

Thank you, think I might need it.

That dress is gorgeous Claire! :lovestruc

I am sure your dad & the in-laws will quickly come round to the idea....some of my family wasn't too keen at first when we announced that we were getting married in the Bahamas but they were soon onside.

Not sure my Dad will ever come round but we'll see.

Yey it's so pretty! :cheer2: You're right, you knew it would be my kinda thing ;)

Its very like yours.

That dress it really beautiful. You will make a beautiful bride. Don't worry about your Dad. I'm sure he's not wanting to lose his "little girl". Dads are pretty good for coming around. My ex wasn't thrilled at first, but since he's not paying for it, he says he will be there. And your other side will come around too it they know this is what you both want.

Have fun planning. Can't wait to hear more later.

that dress is very pretty- very princessy and classic too!:goodvibes

Thank you, its still my fav so far.

That dress it really beautiful. You will make a beautiful bride. Don't worry about your Dad. I'm sure he's not wanting to lose his "little girl". Dads are pretty good for coming around. My ex wasn't thrilled at first, but since he's not paying for it, he says he will be there. And your other side will come around too it they know this is what you both want.

Have fun planning. Can't wait to hear more later.

Thanks, i'm sure it will be fine to.

ooo what a pretty dress!! I love all the details on the bodice!

Yes I like that bit to.

Well I told my Dad last night we would be going abroad to get married and he seemed fine with that which is a relief, now just need to tell him where abraod!

So last weekend we travelled up to see my Mum, Dad and Step-Dad to tell them we are engaged. My Mum and Step-Dad realised it would happen soon so it was of no surprise and are happy for us and know the Disney plan so all is good. We then went over to my Dads to tell him, and he didn't seem to be interested, it was all very strange, I thought he'd go over the top and want to go straight to his church to book a date. The next day he was a bit more interested but still asked no questions about the wedding. I shall wait to see what he says when he rings me next.

Then last night the future in-laws rang, we were chatting and they asked if we had thought about the wedding yet, so I eased them in and told them we'd decided to go abroad and told them our reasons, they didn't say much and when I passed the phone over to DF they didn't mention it again. We will be seeing them a week on Saturday so watch this space to see what happens next on the Parent front.

Speaking from experience Hun, do it your way. I used to want to run away to get married, but Robert's mum went mad when I said that and said she would never speak to us again if we did it. I don't want to run away anymore, but thats not the point. It's not their choice to make. It's hard to keep everyone happy, but, with your wedding, one thing I've learned is that nobody elses happiness is more important than that of you and your fiance..... :goodvibes I mean, Robert's family had a huge row with us because we don't want to serve alcohol at our wedding. We almost gave in, but then we thought: "No, it's our day!"- So all I'm saying is don't let anybody change your mind!! If it's what you want- Go for it!!! :goodvibes

Oh, and I found another link for you, hope you don't mind!!

http://www.foreverbridals.com/

There's some lovely dresses with the sort of neckline and straps you like!! I'm not sure if they're good for travel but they look very lovely..... It's hard to pick just one, isn't it???

Everything sounds perfectly lovely!! I love that first bridal hair picture!! I don't normally like 'bridal' hair, but that is absolutely gorgeous!! :goodvibes

Now a very important question- What sort of cake are you having!!??? :laughing:

Honestly, everything sounds fab and lovely and wow!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes Good luck with all the further planning!!

Bob xoxoxox

I love your dress! It's beautiful! Glad you dad didn't seem to upset about the destination wedding. :thumbsup2

Speaking from experience Hun, do it your way. I used to want to run away to get married, but Robert's mum went mad when I said that and said she would never speak to us again if we did it. I don't want to run away anymore, but thats not the point. It's not their choice to make. It's hard to keep everyone happy, but, with your wedding, one thing I've learned is that nobody elses happiness is more important than that of you and your fiance..... :goodvibes I mean, Robert's family had a huge row with us because we don't want to serve alcohol at our wedding. We almost gave in, but then we thought: "No, it's our day!"- So all I'm saying is don't let anybody change your mind!! If it's what you want- Go for it!!! :goodvibes

Oh, and I found another link for you, hope you don't mind!!

http://www.foreverbridals.com/

There's some lovely dresses with the sort of neckline and straps you like!! I'm not sure if they're good for travel but they look very lovely..... It's hard to pick just one, isn't it???

Everything sounds perfectly lovely!! I love that first bridal hair picture!! I don't normally like 'bridal' hair, but that is absolutely gorgeous!! :goodvibes

Now a very important question- What sort of cake are you having!!??? :laughing:

Honestly, everything sounds fab and lovely and wow!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes Good luck with all the further planning!!

Bob xoxoxox

We will certainly be doing what we want and I know our parents would want us to do that really, it just might not be what they thought it would be.

Feel free to post away. I like this dress from that website, very unusual back:
dressWed.jpg

I love your dress! It's beautiful! Glad you dad didn't seem to upset about the destination wedding. :thumbsup2

Thanks, it is still my favourite. Hopefully my Dad will continue to be laid back, its not his normal style!

Any more dress looking this weekend Claire ? :)

Not this weekend but last weekend I did try on more dresses. Can't post photos of them sadly. The first I tried on was a similar neck/top half to the one I've already posted but had a plain skirt. It was over twice the price of the first one and less comfortable. The second one I tried on had a rounded neck and lots of beads all over the top half, too much for my taste and a really long train. I loved the long train but it was very heavy, which made me remember that the first one was quite light really which I think will be important. It showed also that I do suit a V neck better as well. The third one was very different, very simple plain skirt, no train and a lacey top. I thought I'd hate it but it was quite nice, no wow factor though and the most expensive! So the first dress is still my favourite.

We had dinner with Mike's parents on Saturday night. While I was in the Ladies his Mum asked him about the wedding, she seemed to think that they weren't invited and got a bit emotional. Mike assured her that they were invited if they wanted to go and that it would be in Florida, to which she said they just want to see us get married where ever it was. So hopefully that means they are ok about it.

We will certainly be doing what we want and I know our parents would want us to do that really, it just might not be what they thought it would be.

Feel free to post away. I like this dress from that website, very unusual back:
dressWed.jpg

As long as you remember to do it your way! :goodvibes

They're lovely dresses, and they have loads of stockists. They're also very budget friendly...... :goodvibes

We had dinner with Mike's parents on Saturday night. While I was in the Ladies his Mum asked him about the wedding, she seemed to think that they weren't invited and got a bit emotional. Mike assured her that they were invited if they wanted to go and that it would be in Florida, to which she said they just want to see us get married where ever it was. So hopefully that means they are ok about it.

Sounds very promising!! :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxooxoxox

Glad the Inlaws seem to be ok with it, do what you want Claire, as DH and I gave in to family pressure and had our wedding here.
we have always regretted that we didnt get the day we wanted. (about to make up for that with our 10th anniversary trip though:love: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter